Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league

+8
S7 Chippy
S7 Nate
PhoenixAsh12
S7 Wiggles1778
Reza WRX
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 Coolhand
12 posters

:: General :: Sports

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league Empty S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Good news folks, I have created a new live-draft fantasy football league with up to 20 teams. I firmly believe that the live-draft is half the fun of playing so you get to have players you actually care about. If, however, you can't make the draft you can always set up a draft ranking or just go with Yahoo's default ranks. I welcome everyone interested to join including all those who are new to the clan or have missed out on the live-draft leagues in the past due to too many interested and too few slots. Depending on how many teams join you may be digging deep to find a player to produce for you. I may tweak the settings before the draft depending on the number of teams, but I will post any change here and will not make changes after the draft. Draft well this year because next year I'm thinking of allowing one "keeper".

You must be a member of S7 to join this league. Probationary members are OK. Any others will be decided depending on whether we need one additional team to make an even number or by vote of members who have joined the league.

The league name is: S7 Big League
The league ID is: 234093
The password is: Sacred Seven
The URL is: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/234093

If you have any trouble getting in just PM me your email address and I will send an invite. You're welcome to join this league in addition to one of mrmiller's leagues, so jump in the fun!

Live draft is tentatively scheduled for August 19th @ 11:45 PM Eastern - if that doesn't work for you let me know and I will do my best to work around schedule conflicts.

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league Empty Re: S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league

Post by Atrum Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Scheduled for 11:45 EST on what day?

It's awesome of you to set this up. I missed out last year and was a bit bummed that it was looking to be another miss again this year.
IMO the larger leagues are usually more fun and take more attention/skill/knowledge than the smaller.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league Empty Re: S7 Big League - new live-draft fantasy football league

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:18 pm

The larger leagues are nicer but I'm not sure about them for keeper leagues because it can be harder to find good players and manage to keep them all season and into the next. That being said, I'm in one league and waiting to see if my second league from last year starts up. If it doesn't I might try to get in on this. I'm not sure if I have the attention span to run three teams, especially if one of them is a larger league that requires more thought.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reza WRX Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:30 pm

I just signed up, I can't wait. Hopefully I can make the transition to Yahoo Fantasy Football, since my buddies and I always use ESPN, but whatever.
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

Updated draft time in original post: it is August 19th at 11:45PM Eastern

We are up to 4 teams so far - plenty of room for anyone else.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:56 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:Updated draft time in original post: it is August 19th at 11:45PM Eastern

We are up to 4 teams so far - plenty of room for anyone else.

ill be in... just need to remember to sign up when not at work
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:08 am

Bump - still looking for more players - join up!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 pm

bump - join up! Invite peeps!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by PhoenixAsh12 Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Alright I'm in now its just time to wait for the draft
PhoenixAsh12
PhoenixAsh12
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : PSN & XBOX ONE:PhoenixAsh12

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:03 am

I'll join...

but only if we play for real money
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:32 pm

Accepted the invite tonight, Sock's Puppets are ready to rock.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:43 pm

2012 iPhone/iPad app is available now for free download for those of you that use it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:58 pm

At 7 teams now - join join join!!!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Chippy Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm in winning for bragging rights Lol
S7 Chippy
S7 Chippy
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : ChipN3gan | Xbox One |

Back to top Go down

Post by racecardriver23 Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm signed up.
racecardriver23
racecardriver23
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : racecardriver23

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 pm

One more player needed!

Alright everyone, the draft is set for 10:45PM CDT (11:45PM Eastern) this Sunday the 19th. We currently have 9 teams registered - we need an even number so someone else sign up quick!

To those already registered try to sign up a friend tomorrow if no other S7 member has become our 10th by then. The more the merrier - we just need to end up with an even number. I would prefere to keep it just S7, but if someone's wife wants a team that is cool too.

Thanks!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 am

I'm in, doubt that I will be there for the draft, however I trust my pre-rankings
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:04 am

Same here but we'll see how things pan out.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:36 am

Alright! We are at 10 teams now - if anyone else is wanting to join between now and Sunday please also find a 2nd team to have join to keep the number even. Otherwise we are set to draft in a few days on Sunday night 11:45PM Eastern!

Don't forget to test your system to make sure you will be able to draft on your computer. Use this link to test: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/testdraft

Show up to the draft as early as possible - I've had trouble a couple times getting into the draft and missed the first few rounds which absolutely sucks. You can start trying to load the draft 15 minutes before it starts. Do not wait until the last minute and expect to not miss anything.

Try one of the mock drafts - they don't count for anything but can get you used to the system, how to pick while time is ticking down, and will give you an idea of who will be drafted earlier or later than their rankings. It is a great tool to use once or twice before the draft, but every draft is different.

This is crunch time to research - stay on top of the latest injury reports and the up and down stuff for these next few days. If everyone is passing up on a high ranked guy that is an indication they know something - if you have time just ask in the chat window whats up and someone may give a straight answer.

After the draft no matter how well or bad you think you've done, you're wrong Smile It's a long season and injuries will happen. Adapt and move on, don't quit, and if you won't have time to be very attentive then set up multiple weeks in a row. Remember if you make an add/drop you will need to edit every future lineup. Don't forget about those weird Thursday games either.

If you have any questions feel free to holler - I hope everyone has a great time! Fantasy football really enhances the NFL season - you will find yourself following games you normally wouldn't just to watch a player in your lineup. Hope to see everyone at the draft and good luck!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm psyched! I always love live draft leagues. Can't wait to see who I can pick up.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:11 am

AtrumX wrote:I'm psyched! I always love live draft leagues. Can't wait to see who I can pick up.

There's always Sticky's mom, but I'm not sure what position she plays.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I'm psyched! I always love live draft leagues. Can't wait to see who I can pick up.

There's always Sticky's mom, but I'm not sure what position she plays.

She's more of a "who should I take as my kicker" type pick.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by deepsouth06 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:41 pm

dang i total missed this post. Is the league still set at 10?
deepsouth06
deepsouth06
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : deepsouth06

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Coolhand said that as long as you can find another person to join too you can get in. That would keep the league with an even number of teams. However, we live draft at just before midnight on Sunday so you don't have a lot of time to get in.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by deepsouth06 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 pm

ya I did read that the draft would be tomorrow so it would be kinda hard to find another s7 to join in. Maybe next year.
deepsouth06
deepsouth06
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : deepsouth06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next