Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox

+4
S7 DROOPY
Atrum
S7 Sticky
S7 OC
8 posters

Go down

Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox  Empty Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox

Post by S7 OC Mon May 28, 2012 2:40 pm

It has been just over six months since Microsoft completed its acquisition of Skype to form a new division at the company. We've seen the release of Skype for Windows Phone recently, but Xbox gamers are eager to hear when the voice and video chat app will make its way to the Xbox 360. Despite already having video chat via Kinect or the Live Vision camera, Skype integration is a highly anticipated feature across the Xbox and all of Microsoft's products.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/28/3047758/skype-in-game-integration-next-microsoft-xbox

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox  Empty Re: Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox

Post by S7 Sticky Mon May 28, 2012 2:52 pm

S7 OC wrote:
It has been just over six months since Microsoft completed its acquisition of Skype to form a new division at the company. We've seen the release of Skype for Windows Phone recently, but Xbox gamers are eager to hear when the voice and video chat app will make its way to the Xbox 360. Despite already having video chat via Kinect or the Live Vision camera, Skype integration is a highly anticipated feature across the Xbox and all of Microsoft's products.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/28/3047758/skype-in-game-integration-next-microsoft-xbox

i really dont see a need for it as there is kinect and we already have party chart.... How ever skype if its able to run when your in a game could be better then party chat as the cap for people is 16.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox  Empty Re: Could Skype be integrated into next gen Xbox

Post by S7 OC Mon May 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Also option to talk with people not on xbl

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon May 28, 2012 8:28 pm

It would be nice to talk to my XBL friends while on the PC.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue May 29, 2012 9:29 am

If I'm not mistaken, I've read somewhere that someone said it was gonna be available in the fall, a long with a web browzer . The same article said I think that Microsoft was trying to get all the apps that current smart tv's have, except amazon prime.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I've read somewhere that someone said it was gonna be available in the fall, a long with a web browzer . The same article said I think that Microsoft was trying to get all the apps that current smart tv's have, except amazon prime.

Probably just about Windows 8.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 29, 2012 2:18 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:If I'm not mistaken, I've read somewhere that someone said it was gonna be available in the fall, a long with a web browzer . The same article said I think that Microsoft was trying to get all the apps that current smart tv's have, except amazon prime.

What was that bit about Amazon? LOL.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_363219882_12?ie=UTF8&docId=1000798961&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=gateway-center-column&pf_rd_r=1HP2FNW564AZ3W8SNYVR&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1370423902&pf_rd_i=507846

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 pm

very cool

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue May 29, 2012 3:09 pm

Just keep this in mind when you are using Skype...

Microsoft and Skype set to allow backdoor eavesdropping

http://memeburn.com/2011/07/microsoft-and-skype-set-to-allow-backdoor-eavesdropping/

"Skype and Microsoft have managed to leapfrog common sense and build a backdoor into your favourite VOIP application. It is called Lawful Interception and is part of a new patent which Microsoft filed back in 2009, but is now preparing to unleash itself into our world due to its recent approval."

"Lawful Interception means that government agencies can, without your permission, begin tracking your Skype conversations. Calls can be covertly recorded and used against you in any circumstance. It is legal, it is frightening and it is coming to a voice over IP application near yo
u."
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue May 29, 2012 3:40 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Just keep this in mind when you are using Skype...

Microsoft and Skype set to allow backdoor eavesdropping

http://memeburn.com/2011/07/microsoft-and-skype-set-to-allow-backdoor-eavesdropping/

"Skype and Microsoft have managed to leapfrog common sense and build a backdoor into your favourite VOIP application. It is called Lawful Interception and is part of a new patent which Microsoft filed back in 2009, but is now preparing to unleash itself into our world due to its recent approval."

"Lawful Interception means that government agencies can, without your permission, begin tracking your Skype conversations. Calls can be covertly recorded and used against you in any circumstance. It is legal, it is frightening and it is coming to a voice over IP application near yo
u."

Don't really care if anyone listens on my skype conversations as I use chat applications like skype, vent, w/e for friendly gaming fun Very Happy ... it's not like I'm planning something diabolical
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down