Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7's BF3 server discussion and information

+5
S7 Nate
S7 Interseptor
DeadSockPuppet
S7 mrmiller
S7 Zalacious
9 posters

Go down

S7's BF3 server discussion and information Empty S7's BF3 server discussion and information

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:19 pm

So as some of you know S7 now has its own rented server for BF3. It is a mid-high ticket count, hardcore conquest (and some rush) server. I have every map sans Tehran highway in the rotation and there is a mix of rush maps sprinkled in to mix it up unless Wonky messed it up again.

As it stands I would like to keep the rotation the same and the reason is consistency. All day yesterday we had a full room going until someone decided to change the playlist but unfortunately when team death match came up almost the entire room left Sad. With the number of servers available right now I think keeping things relatively the same will help keep the server more populated. That being said I would be more than happy to make some changes if anyone would like to see a different rotation and/or settings.

Donations are still welcome but I will no longer be handing out admin powers to anyone just because they donated. As much as I would like to have a lot people that have the ability to monitor the server I think that too many Admins is a bad thing. To those that already donated I will of course let you keep admin status only because that is fair. I will pick a few more admins based on activity in the game, maturity, and feedback form clan leadership.

To: Current and future admins

Please do not mess with the settings for the server unless it is for a private game or match. You can however move and kick players to make room for peeps and of course ban idiots as the need arises. If a player cries foul please at least try to be somewhat courteous to that player and let them know why the were kicked/moved.

To: Players

Do not be an ass Smile I know everyone here hates tkers but if I hear that S7 members were tking for vehicles there will be floggings Razz. Also, do not be afraid to party up with randoms as I have already met a few people that are now thinking about joining the clan.

There was more to this post but unfortunately I forgot most of it over the course of the day Smile. Have fun out there pwn face!

S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

S7's BF3 server discussion and information Empty Re: S7's BF3 server discussion and information

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Great post Z, lots of information and good guidelines here. Thanks for taking this on, hopefully it will continue to be successful.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

S7's BF3 server discussion and information Empty Re: S7's BF3 server discussion and information

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:43 am

S7 Zalacious wrote:Also, do not be afraid to party up with randoms

That's what I'm talking about. I was playing tonight with a bunch of S7 guys then everyone dropped and we were down to like 8 or nine players and for a long time it was me and 2 randoms playing against 5 or 6 other randoms. We were getting our butts handed to us but the three of us were communicating very well together, calling out targets, and managed to pull the game a lot closer. The next match I was in the same squad and we were again way down on players and eventually like 150-200 tickets down and we managed to come back for a win because my random teammates were manning a tank and I was darting in and out to clean up ground forces. I'll try to remember to send invites to check out the clan to them. I'm really loving this server and it seems as though we're drawing in a quality crowd and even when the server has like 10 players I was having fun (the matches just took forever because of the ticket count).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 am

Sounds great! The only problem I ran into last night was communication. We had like 10-12 S7 members on and we were split into 2 party chats. Is there any way to make the default chat setting for "team chat"? It would be nice for all of us to talk and communicate when we have a big group on. It would also be nice to just jump into a game and start talking without setting up a chat or trying to explain how to switch it manually.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:16 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Sounds great! The only problem I ran into last night was communication. We had like 10-12 S7 members on and we were split into 2 party chats. Is there any way to make the default chat setting for "team chat"? It would be nice for all of us to talk and communicate when we have a big group on. It would also be nice to just jump into a game and start talking without setting up a chat or trying to explain how to switch it manually.

They fixed the chat settings so now you can use one of the following chat options: 1.) XBL party chat, 2.) BF3 team chat, or 3.) BF3 squad chat. We were finding that party or squad chat seemed to work better because otherwise there were too many voices to try and figure out who's trying to do what.

If I remember right you hit Start, select Squad and Team, and then scroll to the bottom where it says VOIP and you can change between team and squad chat. I don't remember which one the game defaults to and I'm like 99% positive the instructions I gave above will allow you to switch between the two. I pretty much played in either XBL party chat or whichever chat was default in the game (team or squad).
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Sounds great! The only problem I ran into last night was communication. We had like 10-12 S7 members on and we were split into 2 party chats. Is there any way to make the default chat setting for "team chat"? It would be nice for all of us to talk and communicate when we have a big group on. It would also be nice to just jump into a game and start talking without setting up a chat or trying to explain how to switch it manually.

They fixed the chat settings so now you can use one of the following chat options: 1.) XBL party chat, 2.) BF3 team chat, or 3.) BF3 squad chat. We were finding that party or squad chat seemed to work better because otherwise there were too many voices to try and figure out who's trying to do what.

If I remember right you hit Start, select Squad and Team, and then scroll to the bottom where it says VOIP and you can change between team and squad chat. I don't remember which one the game defaults to and I'm like 99% positive the instructions I gave above will allow you to switch between the two. I pretty much played in either XBL party chat or whichever chat was default in the game (team or squad).

Yeah, I know how to switch to "team chat". The question was if we could make it the default setting on the server? (so you don't have to change it) This would be beneficial for several reasons. Especially since some people just don't know how to switch themselves, even after you tell them how. And then you spend 20 minutes explaining how instead of playing. And then explaining it again when someone new joins etc... It would also just be way more convenient if it was default to on. Not to mention it would be easier to talk to public members that are actually cool and play on a regular basis etc... It's not like you can't use party chat when you want to anyway. I would just like an easy option to communicate with the whole team if we have more than 8 people on.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:52 pm

i agree.

we should default to team chat. Plus we dont really have to worry about people being obnoxious douchebags (like in COD game chat) because we control the server and can kick anyone being a peckerhead.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by BonzOmega Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:23 am

that TK thing can get TOTALLY outta hand...

right tico? >Razz

thankfully i'll be home every night for the 7 or so days..so expect me on boyyyyy!!!! i'm ready to dig in to some BF.

how's the new patch effecting everything?
BonzOmega
BonzOmega
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : BonzOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm loving the patch and the changes. I hadn't played it much recently but I think the game is better with the patch.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:34 pm

BonzOmega wrote:that TK thing can get TOTALLY outta hand...

right tico? >Razz

thankfully i'll be home every night for the 7 or so days..so expect me on boyyyyy!!!! i'm ready to dig in to some BF.

how's the new patch effecting everything?

yeah yeah yeah. i'll believe it when i see ya on bud!
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:29 pm

I am thinking of removing all b2k maps except conquest oman based on player activity when those maps come up. any thoughts?
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 pm

Sounds good to me. I'm really not too picky about the maps. I'd like more rush games, but only with smaller ticket counts so that the games don't take like an hour or more to complete. That's way too much of the same game without a break. If we can't do that then I'm good with keeping to HC conquest.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:59 am

This game is almost unplayable since the patch. I played for over 3 hours and couldn't find one decent server.
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:14 pm

PootyPoo22 wrote:This game is almost unplayable since the patch. I played for over 3 hours and couldn't find one decent server.

Really? We have our own server now. I have played a few times since the patch and never had a problem. Always seem to be a few guys playing all the time. Just jump on and play.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:40 pm

PootyPoo22 wrote:This game is almost unplayable since the patch. I played for over 3 hours and couldn't find one decent server.

Finding good servers can be a pain if ours is empty. I suggest searching for official EA/Dice servers. You can search by key word in the server browser. I try to avoid rental servers as there are a lot of retarded admins out there.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:45 pm

Yeah, and the couple of times that I've jumped on and our server was empty I look for the HC servers, they seem to have players that aren't douchecanoes, at least most of the time.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm

the few times i have had to pick another server other then ares

they were all hosted my fucktards

we (nate tom easy myself ) would come in and change the game around and the host would ban us for stomping on them

on a side note i noticed a few server had customer banners on them showing the clans pic and all that we might need to do the same
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:17 am

S7 Sticky wrote:the few times i have had to pick another server other then ares

they were all hosted my fucktards

we (nate tom easy myself ) would come in and change the game around and the host would ban us for stomping on them

on a side note i noticed a few server had customer banners on them showing the clans pic and all that we might need to do the same
I would love to get a banner for the server. I will check the required dimensions tomorrow morning.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:59 am

If at all possible, OC should have some banners that were made for this year's banner contest that you could use. Not sure how well they'd work but it's a starting point.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:15 pm

How is S7's server identified on the server list? Please answer me on XBL. Thx.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:19 pm

name is S7's Hardcore Conquest Server. i will check tonight to see if it is coming up via search browser. will message u as well when i get home.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:30 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:name is S7's Hardcore Conquest Server. i will check tonight to see if it is coming up via search browser. will message u as well when i get home.

it does come up just like that when you search for it
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down