Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you believe in Ghosts?

+20
S7 DROOPY
DerangeMaverick
Shuntentatsu
S7 wonky
surfgoon21
S7 Sticky
S7 Interseptor
S7 Richie
S7 mrmiller
Atrum
S7 Chippy
S7 Panzer
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 Coolhand
S7 KnightOwl
S7 Epic
OneBadHuskerFan
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 OC
24 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Do you believe in Ghosts? - Page 7 Empty Re: Do you believe in Ghosts?

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 am

VF9VM-4T6D9-H7D37-H436T-JJD2Z
7MDGV-DTGK7-VYJC4-JPJFD-2GKXZ

2 more... get em while they last
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:18 am

So far I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm at work so it's not an issue yet. I might try to see if any of the above codes are still good when I get home to try this out. We'll see.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:30 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:So far I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm at work so it's not an issue yet. I might try to see if any of the above codes are still good when I get home to try this out. We'll see.

if you can get online (obviously thats a yes)... go to xbox.com and just enter a code there... it will queue it for DL for the next time your turn on your box
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:31 am

I used the first code. I'll post mine up when I get them.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:16 am

Again, didn't have a real chance to test the lobby system. Have you guys found any problem with it?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Didn't get to team up...saw plenty of you online however. This game is truly EPIC!!!!
I tried to join your game but could not....maybe we'll try again tonight.
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Again, didn't have a real chance to test the lobby system. Have you guys found any problem with it?

Yea, it doesn't seem to want to always keep you together on the same team. I think its simply balancing the teams. I didn't try to see if you could manualy switch or anything, as I only played about an hour or so.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 am

AtrumX wrote:Also have 3 extra codes, first come first serve:

3J7YG-JPXRR-VXXR6-3J3TR-DXH9Z

6MPT4-76QTK-9VK3T-WYWJ6-KC3FZ

6MQ97-J77MM-HMK6P-FVRRF-43C6Z
Thanks Atrum! I used the first one.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:32 am

For a beta I'm pretty impressed. I hope they allow 4 people to be in the same squad (or better yet a full party of 8 ) when the real game comes out as I don't understand why they always seemed to have 3 people on Alpha and throw one over on Bravo. I think there will be tons of fun had with this game when it comes out and I can't wait. I really like that I can help the team out more as an engineer since I can't seem to kill anybody for sh1t, lol. Was on for I guess was about 2.5-3 hours last night and we only lost one match. Good times.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:58 am

I had a blast playing last night. Definitely going to be on again. I'm just running around checking out the maps run-n-gunning during this beta. Can't wait for the full release so I can start my in depth map studies again.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 am

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:
S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Didn't get to team up...saw plenty of you online however. This game is truly EPIC!!!!
I tried to join your game but could not....maybe we'll try again tonight.

Sounds good Charles. I'll be on/off over the weekend as time permits.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:24 am

The lobby system seems to work fine. I played for a few hours last night and never had a problem. The only down side right now is that you can only have 4 people in a lobby to launch. And as Husker stated, due to balancing, one member often gets put onto "bravo" squad. Not a big deal because you are all still on the same team but it is a little annoying. Probably won't be a big deal once enough people are playing it and the lobbies are full.

The game itself is amazing! I love the Ghost Recon games and this is just as much fun as ever. I especially like the Mill map in the beta. Classic GR map. Outdoors, open and plenty of room to flank the other team ninja style! Gameplay is pretty similar to the older GR games too. Solid controls, fun gadgets, and TONS of customization. After playing the beta, I am looking forward to this more than ever now.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:34 am

I didn't play a whole lot yesterday, but it is really fun. The party squad system has me nervous - I hope this won't be another lobby system failure. The customization is really cool; can't wait to get my hands into that more. I too liked the mill map better than the Favela-esque map.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:38 am

Same here 'Septor, digging this one after only playing an hour or so.
Nice GR game for sure. Looking forward to the slower campaign and co-op missions even more than multiplayer.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:57 am

I really liked this game and love having a newer updated Ghost Recon game to play. The lobby with 4 is different for therm but I think when the real game comes out it will allow more than that. In Graw hand Graw 2 you could run ranked rooms and set up who is on what team and how many private spots there were I hope to see that again.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 am

Can't wait to try this out. I got the beta downloaded thanks to one of Wiggles' codes and will post mine up when I get them. I should be on later today for a couple hours, probably after like 5pm EST.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:14 pm

When I first started playing I played the pipeline level twice, and I was not too impressed. I was thinking, "Wow, they really 'Call OF Dutied' this" as it seemed so small and a rush to the point and shoot type of game. Then the next two maps were the Mill map, and that made me re-evaluate and get that old Ghost Recon feeling again. I'm still not crazy about the 3rd person, as the control seems clunky, but I'm sure I'll get a better hang of it after some repetition.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:39 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:When I first started playing I played the pipeline level twice, and I was not too impressed. I was thinking, "Wow, they really 'Call OF Dutied' this" as it seemed so small and a rush to the point and shoot type of game. Then the next two maps were the Mill map, and that made me re-evaluate and get that old Ghost Recon feeling again. I'm still not crazy about the 3rd person, as the control seems clunky, but I'm sure I'll get a better hang of it after some repetition.

~mrmiller
Felt the same way about the maps and also the 3rd person aspect. I keep clicking the right stick trying to sprint and end up switching my view over shoulder a bunch - that is not helpful to me. The cover system seems good. I hope I will be able to edit my controller settings so I can choose to click the LS for sprint. Zooming/aiming by clicking right stick is like Halo; will probably be OK once I get used to that again, but LT seems more natural. Can't remember right now what they have LT doing. I was digging the equipment on the rifleman class, except when it was being used against me. Grenades seem uper powerful with a short fuse - that's mostly what was killing me. Looking forward to giving it another go today.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I don't like the pipeline map at all. Mill is a very good map.

I don't find the controls too annoying, but if you have a scope on your gun why do you have to click the right stick to get it to come up? Why doesn't it just automatically zoom in when you aim with the left stick? To be honest, and this may show how dumb I am, lol, but am I the only one that had no idea that clicking the RS brought up the scope? I just thought it was broken since it wasn't coming up when I aimed. I went to the "firing range" after I was done playing for the night to work on my apparent lack of ability to kill people and found out that the scope button was there all along, lol.

Anyways, enjoyed the time last night and was fun to get back into some gaming with you guys since I haven't really played with many of you since I stopped playing CoD.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I don't like the pipeline map at all. Mill is a very good map.

I don't find the controls too annoying, but if you have a scope on your gun why do you have to click the right stick to get it to come up? Why doesn't it just automatically zoom in when you aim with the left stick? To be honest, and this may show how dumb I am, lol, but am I the only one that had no idea that clicking the RS brought up the scope? I just thought it was broken since it wasn't coming up when I aimed. I went to the "firing range" after I was done playing for the night to work on my apparent lack of ability to kill people and found out that the scope button was there all along, lol.

Anyways, enjoyed the time last night and was fun to get back into some gaming with you guys since I haven't really played with many of you since I stopped playing CoD.

Yeah, the GR games have always been like that.

No trigger = Spray an Pray
Left trigger = half zoom over the sholder and controlled accuracy
RS = aim down sights (with or without scope) and further accuracy.

It is a 3rd person shooter after all. You can also switch shoulder view from left to right (and vice versa) with the LS. This is helpful depending on what obsticles are in front of you and looking around corners. Once you get used to it you will do all of these things without thinking. Old GR vets will find it pretty easy since this is how it always has been. It's a different type of game from COD and you have to play it very differently to do well.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:37 pm

Not sure if this is a repost. But here's something to chew on:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/9549-Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-Hands-On

Just something to read as you play the beta and wait for all the meat and potatoes to reach the table. Since the beta is just a small garden salad..LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:05 pm

I really like what I've seen so far from both maps. Pipeline is one that will take some practice to get good at. Finding the best opening lines, nade points, etc. Seems like a fun fast paced map that will be a blast for siege.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 pm

So far I'm really impressed by this game. I seem to be closer to 1.00 kdr (which is epic for me) and I can move better thru the maps than COD or BF3.

Once I figured out the controls I didn't have any issues with them. As a matter of fact, I really like the 3rd person style way more than FPS. I find it easier to transition between hip fire, aiming and FPS and thus I seem to be able to acquire and take down targets easier.

As for the lobby issues, I'd guess that they're working on them for the next month and unless they do nothing about them between now and release I don't think we should worry just yet. I wish I could play more tonight but I'll catch you guys probably tomorrow or Sunday night.

Last edited by S7 SockPuppet on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:53 pm

all i know is i love how i can make my gun.... just that my gun !!! tuned to my playing !

come on were else can you play with an ACR with dual round drums and have it shoot with pin point accuracy
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:56 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:all i know is i love how i can make my gun.... just that my gun !!! tuned to my playing !

come on were else can you play with an ACR with dual round drums and have it shoot with pin point accuracy

And there's that too! I like that you can change triggers and gas systems to make changes that we've never been able to do in the past.

I'm not sure that COD next this fall will be able to compete with this game.

Last edited by S7 SockPuppet on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next