Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Points

+3
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Interseptor
S7 Wiggles1778
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Use the point system below?

Race Points - Page 2 I_vote_lcap44%Race Points - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Race Points - Page 2 I_vote_lcap56%Race Points - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 9

Race Points - Page 2 Empty Re: Race Points

Post by S7 Epic Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:38 pm

The problem with average finish is that it deals with anomalies poorly.

Personally, I'd be happy with using the sliding scale system for each tourney, then in regards to the season overall, perhaps we award the points same as the race but altered to mirror % attendance. So, if it's a full 16, then 100% of the points are given, for 15, then only 94% of the points are given - Maybe with a minimum distribution of 55-60% (call it an attendance reward bonus)...?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 pm

S7 Epic wrote:The problem with average finish is that it deals with anomalies poorly.

Personally, I'd be happy with using the sliding scale system for each tourney, then in regards to the season overall, perhaps we award the points same as the race but altered to mirror % attendance. So, if it's a full 16, then 100% of the points are given, for 15, then only 94% of the points are given - Maybe with a minimum distribution of 55-60% (call it an attendance reward bonus)...?

Again, this would be more complicated than it has to be. I just think we should find a points system we like and use it. It's what we did last year and it worked very well. We just have to adjust for the added players this year.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Agreed. It makes things far too confusing without someone setting up a website/program/excel file that would do it automatically.

I say go with one of the point systems in Interseptors poll, and stick with that.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2