Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soooo, Single Player

+2
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Epic
6 posters

Go down

Soooo, Single Player Empty Soooo, Single Player

Post by S7 Epic Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Beat normal difficulty in 4:40, without really trying to go fast. This is the first time I've played CoD on anything other than Veteran, but with Skyrim coming out I wanted to have beaten MW3 so I wouldn't have to finish it months down the line after I'm finished with Skyrim.

Personally, I thought the SP will a bit 'meh'. Its pretty much just the same old combat situations, nothing that they haven't done before. Personally, I preferred BF3's single player.

The ending has given me mixed emotions, i'll not give away any spoilers but it was pretty d@mn cool to start with, then it just degenerated into anti-climax. Not what I pictured for the conclusion of a three part story arc...

Not sure if I'll go back on Vet or not. I stopped caring about achievements WAY back and I'm not sure the campaign warrants my time more than the multiplayer, which, I have been massively surprised by how much I like it. Killcam has shown a few things to be frustrated by but I'm sure it's just part of the learning curve, so I'll reserve judgement on that for later.

So, how are you guys finding the SP?
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Soooo, Single Player Empty Re: Soooo, Single Player

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:46 pm

this game has single player... when did they start including that?
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Vision67 Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:49 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:this game has single player... when did they start including that?
S7 Vision67
S7 Vision67
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Loose LL Change

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:42 am

I probably won't bother tackling the single player until all of you get sucked into Skyrim and there's nobody to game with. I still have about half of the BF3 campaign to finish and I'd like to get that done before I hit the MW3 campaign.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:43 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:this game has single player... when did they start including that?

Yea, I haven't touched single player on either, and probably will not for months, unless my internet goes down. It's good to know it's rather short in the event I do decide to dive in. As once I start it I will want to finish before moving on to something else.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:35 pm

I've only done Act 1 so far but liking it. I'll post more when I get further, but that may be a while now that I've dived into MP.

I liked the campaign of BF3 (played through twice) and completed all the SP achievements, but the format seemed like a rip-off of Black Ops; I mean how Blops had the interrogator questioning Mason and then we flash into a battle he went through or something else to drive the story. In BF3 we have two interrogators questioning Blackburn and then we flash into a battle he went through or something else to drive the story. I was dissappointed by the lack of creativity there, but it worked in Blops and works in BF3 too.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I've only done Act 1 so far but liking it. I'll post more when I get further, but that may be a while now that I've dived into MP.

I liked the campaign of BF3 (played through twice) and completed all the SP achievements, but the format seemed like a rip-off of Black Ops; I mean how Blops had the interrogator questioning Mason and then we flash into a battle he went through or something else to drive the story. In BF3 we have two interrogators questioning Blackburn and then we flash into a battle he went through or something else to drive the story. I was dissappointed by the lack of creativity there, but it worked in Blops and works in BF3 too.

Hate to break it to you but the whole 'interrogation' flashback has been done many MANY times. Don't remember enough of BO to say which one did it best.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down