Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SP Impressions

4 posters

Go down

SP Impressions Empty SP Impressions

Post by Air7Cav Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 pm

WARNING - for some this may require a SPOILER ALERT.

Played the campaign SP and finished in 8 hrs (really was shorter but I took several breaks and replayed some scenes more than I needed to).

Loved the way the game started - it's a cut scene that transitions you right into the game. So seamless that I thought I was still in the cut scene (and of course died). They do a lot of tricks with cut scenes so you need to pay close attention.

H2H scenes are numerous and tricky. Controller buttons only show for a split second - miss them and you die like a maggot. (I hate the H2H scenes - to many in the game.)

Friendly AI will not bail you out. To close a mission, you need to kill at least the last enemy and often many others. At least in this game, you don't have to worry about reviving downed friendly AI. Enemy AI don't miss - expert shots and you always become their primary target.

Multitude of weapons so you get plenty of choices to pick up something new to try out. If it has thermal KEEP IT. Twisted Evil

Shotties are fun. Loved the indoor combat with the SPAS. Spazalicious!! cheers A lot of great CQB moments.

Weapons characteristics are pretty accurate (recoil, parallax, reload times, BULLET DRIFT). Twisted Evil

About half the game is played at night. Can't see s%$t!! Enemy can be right next to you in the shadows and you won't notice - they see you just fine all the time. Remember what I said about thermals?

Air2Air was fun. Gun kill satisfying - not easy to make. Keep your head on a swivel.

Tank battle was dicey. Got real toasty when it was tank on tank at one point and remember what I said about being the primary target. Twisted Evil

Ground battles were meat grinders. Night was worse. Some cover degrades so you have to watch it - it is till your best friend. Again the burden is on you to change the battle tempo. "Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast."

Campaign was fun. Looking to do it coop. If anyone is interested, hit me up online.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

SP Impressions Empty Re: SP Impressions

Post by S7 Glock Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 pm

Co-op is different than the campaign
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:57 pm

Kool. Still want to try it.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:01 pm

I got a couple missions into the SP and enjoyed what I saw. Seems similar in style to COD, but I do agree that I don't like the H2H combat. I would love to see what the co-op is like, does anyone know how many teammates you can co-op with?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:32 pm

Well, servers for PC have been haywire today, so I was forced to run in 'offline mode' and play the Campaign. It took me about 4-5 hours.

Tbh, apart from it's brevity, I'm not sure what all the furore about the SP is about. I thoroughly enjoyed each mission and I thought the story was pretty cool. I definitely think they could've made more of the storyline they had. Besides, BF has always been just a multiplayer game, so to have a campaign mode, that IMO matchs or even beats most of the CoD games, is a bonus.

A personal highlight of mine was the mission where you're battling the Russian paras in the field. It really reminded me of the WW2 CoD games as well as Brother In Arms.

Tank and plane missions were both excellent. A helo mission would've been nice too but hey, I'll get to do plenty of that in the MP.

Furthermore, I really like the actual gameplay - especially the weapons. All pretty realistic and there's lots of 'em. Haven't tried co-op or MP yet as the servers are/were down before I smashed through the campaign. Think i'll get an early night ready for a long day of BF3 goodness tomorrow!
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down