Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Forza 3 C-Class Tourney - Season 3

+8
S7 Glock
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Sticky
S7 Wiggles1778
Atrum
S7 Epic
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

S7 Forza 3 C-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 C-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm not the best with the manual, but I still like the ability to downshift into turns for better traction and then floor it on the way out while kickin it up a gear to get some real power out of the turns. However, I do agree that I've damaged the trans on my car more than once by getting spun out in 5th gear or by getting slammed into a wall or another car and it's no fun to finish a race limping around the track in 1st.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 C-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 C-Class Tourney - Season 3

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 am

Heading back to university on thursday for a few days to move out of my house and say goodbye, etc. so I will be missing the tourney after all, lol.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 am

Yay, I should get to race!!.... I'mmmmmmmmmmm baaaack!!
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:47 am

i have no clue if i'll be there... my rents went to FL for a week so Casey and I are Pug sitting...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 am

BUMP! We are going to try and do this tonight (for the 3rd time). I hope we are able to do this. Try to be there if you can.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:23 am

I'll be there. I get off work at 6 as always but should be on time.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:57 pm

S7 Forza 3 C-Class Tourney - Season 3 - Page 2 S7season3Cclass

Final Standings for Season 3 C class Tourny
1st Glock 62 pts
2nd Interseptor 51 pts
3rd Sticky 28 pts
4th Atrum 26 pts
5th Coolhand 22 pts
6th Dovahkiin 16 pts
7th OC 11 points

8th Wiggles 8 pts

Race 1 Camino Viejo Extreme Reverse
Glock, Interseptor, Wiggles, Atrum, Coolhand, Dovahkiin, Sticky, OC

Race 2 Maple Valley Full
Glock, Interseptor, Dovahkiin, OC, Wiggles, Coolhand, Atrum, Sticky

Race 3 Nuremburg Full
Glock, Interseptor, Sticky, Coolhand, Atrum, Dovahkiin, OC, Wiggles

Race 4 Sidewinder Layout 1
Interseptor, Sticky, Glock, Atrum, Coolhand, Dovahkiin, OC, Wiggles

Race 5 Mugello Club
Interseptor, Glock, Atrum, Sticky, OC, Coolhand, Dovahkiin, Wiggles

Race 6 Road America Full
Glock, Interseptor, Atrum, Sticky, Coolhand, Dovahkiin, OC, Wiggles

Race 7 Twin Motegi Full
Glock, Sticky, Coolhand, Atrum, Interseptor, Dovahkiin, OC, Wiggles
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by PootyPoo22 Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 am

Um... What happened to Wiggles?
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:01 am

What's with the "ghost" pic? scratch
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 am

Ghost pic because host didn't set it to normal on accident. We just rolled with it.
Wiggles DNFed on the 3rd race (not sure why) and then rage-quit on the fourth race for the rest of the tourny. In race 4 I tapped him from behind on an early turn, and he hit a wall. Welcome to Forza 3! Luckily the game was able to migrate host fairly well.

We had a lot of clean racing, a few accidents, and a whole lot a fun. Well, most of us did. The contact between the top dogs started to escalate toward the end - Glock and Interseptor et al were starting to push each other around the track on aggressive passes, but it was all OK because they said "sorry" as they did it, sometimes even before Laughing

On a side note I was the only one using a racing wheel tonight. Only Knightowl and I do regularly, everyone else still prefer the sticks.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:59 am

Wish I had a wheel. Too lazy to actually go shopping for a decent one. As for the racing itself I realy should jump on with you guys...can't "hang" as much without the practice but it would be fun losing to you. I also only play with manual tranny...which can be good or bad depending on how I shift at that crucial moment. It's cool...maybe one night when you're just playing for fun not actual tourneys.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 am

You should join up for the tournies. They're not all that serious anymore. We're usually talking and joking. Only exception is when someone gets wrecked in the first turn which sucks for a few seconds but you get over it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:55 am

Definitely but I have about given up on Klown. He has said he would race so many times and never shows up. For shame Klown, for shame. I have even called him out personally and still nothing. Klown is a big tease. A big Forza tease.

As for the race last night, it was great! I had a blast and can't wait for the B-Class Tourney. I would like to go ahead and say "sorry" to Glock for the next tourney. You know for the 4 or 5 time I am going to accidentally hit him repeatedly. Wink
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:55 am

I didn't rage quit thank you... After being taken out for 3rd straight race, I had enough with it... And like I had posted before I was house sitting... So I took care of things instead hating forza or certain people by the end of the night

It wasn't fun, I was over it for the night
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:31 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Definitely but I have about given up on Klown. He has said he would race so many times and never shows up. For shame Klown, for shame. I have even called him out personally and still nothing. Klown is a big tease. A big Forza tease.

That does it....coming!!
I'll see if I can get Glock to tune a beast Mustang for me. That would be ironic pleasure in itself...
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Definitely but I have about given up on Klown. He has said he would race so many times and never shows up. For shame Klown, for shame. I have even called him out personally and still nothing. Klown is a big tease. A big Forza tease.

That does it....coming!!
I'll see if I can get Glock to tune a beast Mustang for me. That would be ironic pleasure in itself...

Talk is cheap. Better see you in two weeks at the B-Class Tourney. Time to walk the walk.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:53 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Wish I had a wheel. Too lazy to actually go shopping for a decent one. As for the racing itself I realy should jump on with you guys...can't "hang" as much without the practice but it would be fun losing to you. I also only play with manual tranny...which can be good or bad depending on how I shift at that crucial moment. It's cool...maybe one night when you're just playing for fun not actual tourneys.
I don't have the tracks memorized but some are getting familiar. I try to keep an eye on the minimap for turns, but I still hit the grass sometimes. Point is we range in ability and consistancy, so no matter your skill level there will be people to compete directly with. I got mad respect for you racing manual with a clutch; you may consider switching to auto when racing against everyone else though. Once I get a wheel and pedal stand I'll start using my pedals and maybe start shifting manually. Right now I'm using my paddle shifters for accel and brake.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:01 pm

I've been considering switching now to prep for forza 4
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:46 pm

It's simple really. I haven't played as much because I just always assumed that since you guys were recording stats, tuning/upgrading/trading and modding your cars, taking pics, etc. that you took it way too seriously. So instead I held off and let you play the way you wanted to play.

If it's not "that" serious I'll show-up and we can play a bit. I'm a clean racer or at least try to be. I may accidentally hit someone but not in the "ram everyone in the ass--iCamp fashion". However because you'd worked so hard to tune, and paint I didn't want to accidentlly take away your chances to win when I'm not viewing it as being so serious. I thought you played on the mode where once your car is disabled it's done for that race.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

The basic Breakdown:
Realistically it's Interseptor vs Glock for winning a series.
For individual races it is anyones game. After the initial wreckage (always happens in first few turns) it becomes a lot more relaxed and everyone is either racing against their "pack" or trying to catch up to the next group.

There's also almost always a fairly late "Big" wreck that takes someone out. IT can be from having a baby attacking you and flipping your car to someone Rear-ending you in a U turn because their car has better brakes.

All-in-all it's a blast.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Everyone is trying to win of course but can't take it too seriously imo. wish I had saved the replay of your flip Atrum. I flew right under you.

Last edited by S7 Coolhand on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm pretty bummed that I missed the tourney. I had been putting in a lot of "wheel" and "wrench" time to get some cars tuned and ready for the tourney, but alas, work spoiled my chances of playing. I'll try to shift my focus to B-class cars and see if I can't hit the B-class tourney when that goes down.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:12 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
Talk is cheap. Better see you in two weeks at the B-Class Tourney. Time to walk the walk.

Is there an exact date for this tourney yet? Is it two weeks from the C-class and on a Thursday night again? I didn't see a post yet for the B-class tourney so I was just trying to plan my work schedule around it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Man sounds like a blast, wish I wouldn't have got banned, but hey there's alway f4,
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2