Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA 2K11

5 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

NBA 2K11 Empty NBA 2K11

Post by S7 MCampbell Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 am

Who has picked this game up?

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

NBA 2K11 Empty Re: NBA 2K11

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:43 am

Heard it's not that great...
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:26 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Heard it's not that great...

IGN called it the greatest sports game of this generation
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Not a gang of douchebags that get paid for reviews...I'm talk "word on the street". Which is what counts. Basketball
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:24 pm

I will have it today or tommorow from Game fly

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 pm

from your gamer card looks like you already have it.
impression?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:03 pm

yup got it in the mail today. So far I like it not to much different from the 2K10 one.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:52 am

NBA 2k11 Review

I have played several basketball games over the years, both college and pro, and on all the systems that I have owned throughout the years of which there have been many. I have enjoyed many basketball games, but generally played them and forgot about them. So please understand that I am not exaggerating when I say that NBA2K11 is without question, the best basketball video game I have ever played.

The game isn’t without a few minor flaws, but 2K Sports put a lot of care and thought into this game. Everything in it exists for a reason, and while in most yearly franchises you simply get a newer version of the same thing, NBA2K11 is a significant improvement over its predecessor. It isn’t perfect, but it won me over. And then of course there is Michael Jordan.

Adding Michael Jordan to NBA2K11 is much more than a gimmick; it is a complete section of the game that could stand on its own. It is too short to justify a full price tag, but 2K could have simply released the Jordan Challenges as a download, and it would be a hit. But since it is just one part of an incredibly deep game, it makes NBA2K11 the best value in terms of basketball video games on the market, and arguably in terms of sports games on the market.

When you start the game for the first time, you will find yourself standing in the tunnel behind Jordan. You then run out onto the court and begin your NBA2K11 experience by facing off against Magic Johnson and the ‘90-‘91 Lakers in the first game of the 1991 NBA Finals. Then the game begins.

The Jordan Challenges comprise 10 moments from Jordan’s history, from his early days to his return from retirement. They ask you to play through the games and match Jordan’s impressive feats, such as dropping more than 63 on Larry Bird’s Celtics or better FG average against the Knicks after Jordan’s return from baseball, or outscoring Dominic Wilkins while holding him under 25 points.

The challenges are not easy. In fact, they can be positively annoying at times, unless you are a veteran of NBA2K games, and even then they are hard. But completing them rewards you with the ability to start a career with a young Michael Jordan. He starts out as a top-rated rookie, but you will need to build him into the monster he is destined to be. Once you do, you can assign him to the team you want.

The controls have been tightened over previous games, making it surprisingly easy to switch strategies on the fly and set up plays with the push of a few buttons. The IsoMotion movements with the left stick have also been improved, which allows for better ball control and a more natural feel to the game. For example, while you are dribbling, you hold the left trigger and press the opposite direction for the ballhandler to switch hands. Add in a half circle and he will dribble behind the back. Time it right and you can burn defenders, back them down, or perform several other movements, all with the proper timing.

The right stick, known as the ShotStick, also opens up dozens of possibilities. It takes some time to get used to it, but once you do, it makes it possible to pull off some incredible plays. You can even change the play while in the middle of another and create new moves. If you go up for a layup, but it looks like you are about to be blocked, the ShotStick will allow you to switch hands in mid air and try to get around the defenders’ arms. It takes practice, and during a game you will make more errors than great plays at first, but thankfully you can get by with the shoot button until you feel comfortable with the ShotStick. Plus, it gives you something to keep playing and practicing. You may pick up the way it works quickly, but it will take time to master it.

NBA2K11 is a deep game, with play modes that will take you days just to try out. You have the stuff you expect: the season, franchise modes, playoffs and online games, but all are done so well that they should set the bar for basketball games to come. The AI again shines, especially when you play through a season or two and begin to work the draft and free agent market. There is always a sense of purpose to trades and an intelligence behind it, and each team is looking for specific trades to help their franchise, rather than just trying to nab every great player.

The create-a-player mode also returns, and 2K missed the mark on this a bit. It takes forever to get your player up to the NBA. It takes so long, that most people probably just won’t have the patience, unless they are utterly determined to see their own name in the game, and even when they do land their player in the NBA, it will still take a long time to build them up. Once you create your character, you will need to take him through an NBA combine and pull off a handful of requested plays. It is more of a chore than a treat, and it is not something you look forward to. There are a few cool reasons to do it, including press conferences where your answers determine how others play around you, and how the crowds treat you, but only the most determined will have the dedication to find out.

The NBA Blacktop, which adds a dunk contest, a three-point shootout, and a few other mini-games is alright, but more of a mini-game than anything worth getting excited over. It is a good addition though, just not an important one.

Conclusion

If you are a basketball fan that enjoys video games, this game is an easy 10 out of 10, and nothing else comes close. For the more casual fan, the learning curve is going to be fairly steep, but if you give it a chance, the more you play, the more you will enjoy it.

A few minor problems mar the game, including seemingly preternatural defenses that have total awareness no matter where they are or what they are doing, and the graphics, in regards to the characters, border between weird and “meh.” The awareness is a deliberate attempt to make you play like differently, and the character animations are top notch, so it is easy to overlook the minor flaws.

The highest praise I can give this game is that even if you hate sports games in general, NBA2K11 is worth at least trying. It is definitely the best basketball game out, and it might even be the best sports game period, but that will come down to individual tastes. Everything in the game is there for a reason, and once you understand that reasoning, it all makes perfect sense. The game is already deep and the gameplay is stellar, but adding Jordan is almost unfair to all other basketball games. For NBA fans, this game is a must have.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:53 am

I am going to start up a online Franchise for those S7 members interested and also may it open for a few friends of S7 just so we can have more pvp fun. I should have it up and running in the next few days.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Sounds good it is a great game hit me up with an invite to that online franchise. I call The Celtics

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:30 pm

not a huge basketball person... BUT the my player stuff is awesome i really like the RPG in a sports game like with Madden Pro etc...
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:42 am

Ok its set up the name is S7 Basketball and the password is S7

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:04 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:from your gamer card looks like you already have it.
impression?

Sorry Klown didn't get back to you earlier when you sent the message I was too busy beating OC by about 30 he didnt break 22 points with Boston. There was no way he could stop Wade and James but then I had to listen to him complain that I have two 97 overall players on my team so I am going to have to do a rematch and I am going to pick the Lakers.

But I must say Boston has a great line up also.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 am

S7 MCampbell wrote:And then of course there is Michael Jordan. Adding Michael Jordan to NBA2K11 is much more than a gimmick

Sorry bro, it's an obvious gimmick!
The dude hasn't played in like 27 years and 9 months Rolling Eyes
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:42 pm

BUMP....

I know this has been out since Oct, or something but I downloaded the demo for a few one quarter games, then played a friends copy of NBA 2K11. I actually have to say I like this one. I had NBA 2K10, played one game...maybe two and gave the game to my son. This one looks better, motion (dribbles, passing) feels better it just seems like a much better game overall. Impressed! Embarassed Shocked

Okay, I will get this one. I know most have thrown their copy away for COD:BO, but maybe we can play a game sometimes. I hope and pray MLB 2K11 is the same with major improvements!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:59 pm

I have Nba 2k 11 I think it's a great game

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 pm

i have it... and I WAS a huge fan of the my player stuff until the last update... the play call over lay is fail... prolly gonna dump it back to gamefly soon
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:43 pm

I just got this game the other day. I have to say from the graphics and presentation it's awesome. The Jordan "sections" are amazing...period! Lots of memories with those older players...GREAT!! whoever sat at the conference table and brainstormed that whole concept deserves a raise. Create a player and the my player section I started last night. Gonna be a long road if that first pickup game was an indication...because I SUCK LOL

Looking to have fun with this one. Maybe I'll shoot OC an invite and he can teach me a bit about the ISO motion and other moves while he kicks my butt w/the Celtics. K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:25 pm

any time klown

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General