Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Denon receiver - opinions requested

3 posters

Go down

Denon receiver - opinions requested Empty Denon receiver - opinions requested

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 am

I previously had a Yamaha receiver (Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A3040 retails for $1,300) but I no longer have it. I am now creating a theater in my new home (130" HD screen, new 3D capable/Ultra HD 4K projector, the works!! Cool ) and after spending so much cash already decided to go lower on the receiver end. I purchase the Denon AVR-S510BT retail only $279.00) after reading the great reviews. Anyone have experience with these Denon units, or should I go back to the higher end of the spectrum?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Denon receiver - opinions requested Empty Re: Denon receiver - opinions requested

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:56 am

Denon is a good brand that sounds good to me From when I have heard thier products. But I think you have to try it out and hear for your self if it good enough. Everyone hears audio differently. Unless you know that you are an "audiophile" then who knows till you try it and hear it for your self. I had an older Yamaha one that was about that price point and it sounded really good to me. Fit what I needed just fine.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Denon receiver - opinions requested Empty Re: Denon receiver - opinions requested

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:09 pm

I've always been of the opinion that the acoustics of the room are going to have a bigger impact than a mid quality receiver vs high end.

It depends what you're using it for but movies, games, etc. will have a pretty marginal difference.

I don't have experience with Denon myself though, so I can't speak to the brand specifically.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Thanks guys, great points! Guess I'll just have to see what happens.
Not really looking to pour any more money into this thing at this point so it is, what it is for awhile --besides, hearing explosions while watching Bruce Willis or hearing the bad jokes from the Ninja Turtles vs. music is a huge difference in what's needed. Atrum made an even better point, that the room dimensions (he forgot speakers) are the true determining factors when it comes to sound quality. I'm maybe a bit too hung up on this one piece of equipment.

If it doesn't turn out like I wanted, guess the receiver is the least of my problems anyway.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:50 pm

Pshh, speaker positioning relative to the room shape and material composition are all part of the acoustics Rolling Eyes
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Atrum wrote:Pshh, speaker positioning relative to the room shape and material composition are all part of the acoustics Rolling Eyes
Shocked scratch study
lol
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down