Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman Arkham Knight

4 posters

Go down

Batman Arkham Knight Empty Batman Arkham Knight

Post by Evol Recovery Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:16 pm

No one seems to have brought this game up since it has launched so I am going to assume no else is playing it. I will give my quick impressions for anyone who might be interested.
It is basically more arkham city. Story takes place almost right after arkham city and scarecrow is releases a hallucination bomb that will destroy Gotham and everyone is forced out of the city expect of course batman and the villians. The game looks and plays amazing, I even really enjoy the car driving. Combat in the car is a bit forced on you in parts of the game where it is completely unnecessary.
Aside from that one complaint the PS4 version is great. Runs smooth, no day 1 game breaking bugs, so it all seems like this version is on point. PC from what o understand is not working well, but I can't speak for that port.
So far this is my game of the year. 5/5

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Batman Arkham Knight Empty Re: Batman Arkham Knight

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:00 am

I purchased it on the PC but the port was horrible with a frame cap of 30 fps which is sacrilege for a PC game. Bad performance with it being horribly optimized as my GTX 980 TI still has frame stuttering in the batmobile at 30 fps. I am waiting for WB to get a patch that makes it playable then I hope to post up my impressions. This is a prime example of developers getting screwed as its worse than the AC Unity port which I thought wasn't possible for a AAA title.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:46 am

Now I heard from the Giant Bomb guys that it wasn't even rocksteady that worked on the port it was some other developer. Stull sucks, Espically if whoever got the port only had 2 or 3 weeks to work on it. I hope WB will finally stop freakin\' up PC ports

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:44 pm

Evol Recovery wrote:" It is basically more arkham city. "

Sounds good to me. I will be playing this sometime for sure, as I loved the others.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Evol Recovery wrote:Now I heard from the Giant Bomb guys that it wasn't even rocksteady that worked on the port it was some other developer. Stull sucks, Espically if whoever got the port only had 2 or 3 weeks to work on it. I hope WB will finally stop freakin\' up PC ports

Yes it was outsourced to a company call IronGalaxy. As of now you can't buy the game on Steam tell WB re-releases it as they not Steam pulled it from the digital store. Either way I got it at a reduced price which as about $45 if I remember it correctly so I am fine with waiting. However I almost just laugh out loud when publishers think they can release a sub par AAA title and not receive huge  backlash. First they tried to say the game was good enough, than that it was simply optimized to run just like consoles, and finally admitted they make a horrible port. Either way the bigger the company that does this kind of mistakes just scares all the other big publishers into getting their sh1t together, hopefully.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:20 pm

I have it and like it way more than the first ones.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:52 pm

Well I beat the Arkham Knight last night. Total play through time of 22 hours. This includes completion of everything besides the Riddler's trophies as I don't have the time for 100% completion. I have had the chance to play all Batman games I would have to put this in the number one spot in gameplay and overall fun. Just like the Shadow of Mordor game its all about open world. With this open world comes new toys like the Batmobile with supped up gadgets and suit enhancements. I wont go into more as it might run into spoiler territory. Either way this was another great installment to the Batman series. If you are interested in playing the Batman games in a chronological order I suggest playing it in the order listed below.

1. Batman: Arkham Origins
  2. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  3. Batman: Arkham City
  4. Batman: Arkham Knight
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down