Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10

+2
S7 Plague
S7 Sticky
6 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Go down

How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10 Empty How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:12 am

So how can you now reserve your free copy of Windows 10?

First, you must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1, and you must have installed a March the Windows update dubbed KB3035583, according to blog site VentureBeat. That update will already be on your PC as long as you have Automated Updates enabled.
Peek at your Windows system tray in the lower right corner, and you should see a new icon displaying the Windows logo. Hover over it, and the popup messages says: "Get Windows 10."
Click that icon, and up pops a window that explains how the free upgrade works. Once it's available, Windows 10 will automatically download onto your PC. You'll receive a notification after the download is complete so that you can choose an appropriate time to install it.
You can scroll through the various screens of the Get Windows 10 window to read more about the new OS.
When you're done, simply click the button to reserve your free upgrade.
The reservation screen asks for your email address so you can receive the notification. Enter your email address and click the Send confirmation button. You can now close the Get Windows 10 window.
Should you change your mind and wish to cancel the reservation, just click the Get Windows 10 icon again.
Click the three horizontal lines in the upper left corner to display the menu and click the link for View confirmation.
Then click the link to Cancel reservation and click the button for Cancel reservation to confirm your choice.
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10 Empty Re: How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10

Post by S7 Plague Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:20 pm

Well that sucks my labtop won't update to 8.1 failes everytime
S7 Plague
S7 Plague
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Plague

Back to top Go down

How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10 Empty Re: How to reserve your free copy of Windows 10

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:09 pm

S7 Plague wrote:Well that sucks my labtop won't update to 8.1 failes everytime

The post mentioned if you're running Windows 7 SP 1 you should be good too.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:41 pm

I'll be upgrading to Win10 at home asap but at work we're going to wait a while to make sure things are as stable as possible.  The interactivity that Win10 brings with the XB1 is too much to pass up at home.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:53 pm

I can get it but is it worth it? im running 7
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:50 pm

S7 wonky wrote:I can get it  but is it worth it? im running 7

Yeah, 10 is looking pretty solid so far. I plan on upgrading from 7 to 10 at some point.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down