Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program

+5
OneBadHuskerFan
Xpert2010
S7 Coolhand
Atrum
S7 Sticky
9 posters

Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program Empty The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:49 am

looks like there hurting to keep sub's  up  which is a good thing  hopefully it goes free to play before it hits consoles.... they  fail  in the part that all MMO's fail  cant  put up  sub worthy content  fast enough 

-----------------

The Elder Scrolls Online should get a bit more Elder Scrollsy further down the line, but in the short term, here's a free pet. Starting September, Zenimax will be rewarding long-term subscribers with various tokens of gratitude. The first, for three months' good service, is a "High Hrothgar Wraith vanity pet", while the gift for six months' subscription time will be revealed "soon".
This blog post on the TESO site has more details, but know that you don't need to rack up all that subscription in one go—you can cancel and return to the MMO later to pick up where you've left off. Zenimax say that their loyalty program "will keep expanding over time, so keep an eye out for more tokens of our gratitude if you’re a longtime player".
If you're eligible, expect an email in September with details of when and how you'll be introduced to your cuddly wraith pet. (Cheers, Polygon.)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 pm

It's too bad I didn't have more time. I actually really enjoyed all my time on this game.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program Empty Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to reward long-term subscribers with loyalty program

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:22 pm

I may still play it but now it's going to compete for my time with all the other holiday games.  I was 100% onboard when it was a June release.  In December I'm at best 50/50.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:30 pm

Is ESO having trouble keeping subs?  I haven't been keeping track of ESO, so I don't know if they're really in trouble or not.  I like this reward system though.  FF14 has had this from day one and I see it as a "Thank you for your continued support.  Here is a gift to express our gratitude" sort of thing.  Obviously, it's still a way to get people to continue to subscribe (however small that factor is), but that doesn't necessarily mean that they're "hurting" for subs.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:41 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I may still play it but now it's going to compete for my time with all the other holiday games.  I was 100% onboard when it was a June release.  In December I'm at best 50/50.

Totally agree.  With what's coming out I'll definitely be on the fence with ESO now.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:04 pm

I was more interested in this game before I got sucked into Destiny.  I know they're not the same, but I'll be playing a lot of Destiny and if ESO keeps a sub, I probably won't give it the time of day.  Originally I was trying to convince myself that I could justify the sub because I really want to play ESO, however, I think I'll be able to have just as much fun playing Destiny and it won't require a sub.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:40 pm

im kind of happy i think  if it keeps going this way it will be free to play online...

the game still looks like a solid buy
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:57 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:im kind of happy i think  if it keeps going this way it will be free to play online...

the game still looks like a solid buy
It's a blast. I was surprised.
It's definitely not exactly Skyrim or anything like that, but to me it was a great representation of ES in MMO form.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:08 pm

I was really excited about this at first too.  I really wanted to play but now, like the rest of you, I'm just not sure.  The delay really killed it for me.  I'm 50/50 at best.  Probably more 25/75 actually.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:21 pm

If this can be played through the main quest "single-player", I will get it at some time for sure. If there is no sub, I know I will get it as well. I just may not get it right at launch, and wait until that summer lull when I normally play RPG's. I have a feeling with Destiny and COD, most of my time will be filled this fall. Then sprinkle in Diablo and possibly Halo, and there is no time at all for anything that takes some dedicated time to play. Then after the first of the year the Witcher drops, and finally there is a glut of games to play! ESO online is just going to have to wait I'm afraid.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:48 am

ESO won't see me join the ranks.  That's a title that I failed to keep an open mind on and it bit me.  ESO, the trailer, shocked me.  Hooked me. Promised me victory and conquest.

It was my own fault for thinking it would be a multiplayer Skyrim.  So, when I saw it, I cringed.  I felt cheated and a little disgusted at the same time.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:40 am

Exactly how different is it from Skyrim?  I guess it hadn't changed that much.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:08 am

The difference is stark. The contrast is consistent with MMO vs Single Player.  Game play, pace, visuals, PVE, "co-op".

Again, it was my own fault.  Maybe someone who's ready for the MMO feel can give a better assessment.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:31 pm

I can probably explain a bit, from the perspective of someone that has been enjoying it on the PC.

If you're expecting Skyrim/Oblivion - it's not that. The storytelling and world are consistent there, but it is definitely an MMO. You can't possibly get all the planned out dramatic lighting, insane texture levels, etc in an MMO that you have in a SP game.

That being said, You get to explore the world, and there are a TON of interesting stories. So if you played Skyrim for the plot, you may enjoy the game just for the story portion of it. Other than that it's a pretty standard MMO. To me it felt fairly similar to GW2 in regards to gameplay.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Gotcha.  It was really the whole package for me on Skyrim.  I had played Morrowind and Oblivion but they didn't hook me in like Skyrim.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:44 pm

From what I've seen if you are going into ESO thinking "Multiplayer Skyrim" you're gonna have a bad time.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:From what I've seen if you are going into ESO thinking "Multiplayer Skyrim" you're gonna have a bad time.
This is correct. That being said, I played Oblivion a lot more than Skyrim. Not sure if that is part of the reason why I enjoy ESO
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:32 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:From what I've seen if you are going into ESO thinking "Multiplayer Skyrim" you're gonna have a bad time.
Kinda disappointing because that's what I was hoping for.  I can understand the drop in some of the graphics "flash" because of the unpredictability of an MMO and it's players, but I was really hoping that it would still have the feel of Skyrim.  

However, on the plus side that helps make the decision a lot easier for me.  That's not to say that I won't be interested down the road, but for now I think this one is falling off my Want list.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down