Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you focusing on PvE or PvP?

+6
S7 Sticky
S7 Coolhand
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
S7 OC
OneBadHuskerFan
10 posters

Go down

Are you more interested in PvE (Strikes/Raids) or PvP (Crucible)?

Are you focusing on PvE or PvP? I_vote_lcap45%Are you focusing on PvE or PvP? I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Are you focusing on PvE or PvP? I_vote_lcap55%Are you focusing on PvE or PvP? I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

Are you focusing on PvE or PvP? Empty Are you focusing on PvE or PvP?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:09 pm

I know there's a lot of different play styles for everybody here so I thought it might be a good idea to get a rough estimate about who will be playing more of which side of the fence.  Some of you already know that I really couldn't care less about the PvP side (although I'm sure I'll play some) and will be strongly focused on builds/playstyle on the PvE side of things (Strikes/Raids).
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Are you focusing on PvE or PvP? Empty Re: Are you focusing on PvE or PvP?

Post by S7 OC Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Not really sure yet.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 pm

I'm generally more inclined towards PVP. Having not played the game yet, I'll be doing everything pretty evenly for a while.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Both!  Where is that option?  I intend to play both pretty actively.  I was surprised how well I liked the PvP in the beta.  Just had different loadouts depending on what I was doing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Both - needs to be an option.  I'll cast mine to PvP though.  PvE is the means to an end for PvP.  Gotta get good at the PvE to get geared up to dominate at PvP.  In the end game that will be what I'm after - not to just keep gearing up to beat stuff easier that I've already beaten.  I enjoy both though.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:06 pm

as it stands right now  

i will try to push both PVP/PVE

end games in most MMO type games PVP  is  were its at, but it does really come down to if the story  has any replay ability at all not sure, how long the raids are plus the loots system  for those raids  ...

if i can grind out the items i want in say a week or 2 of end game play  then pvp is all thats really left...

i have high hopes for this game  and cant wait for it come out  ill have d3  to hold me over till then and then about 75% of my time will be destiny  the other will be diablo
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Definitely both.....
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:38 pm

I purposefully left "Both" out because I know 90% of people would probably answer that.    Razz
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:28 pm

So your poll was skewed from the jump to intentionally obtain an incorrect and incomplete data sample. You sure you don't work for the Gov't?  Rolling Eyes 
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:00 pm

LOL- yea, I'm going to say both. Really, I will be playing PvE to earn gear that will help me succeed in PvP. The ultimate goal will be to become competitive in PvP.

The closer this draws to launch, the more excited I get. I'm glad Diablo will be here next week to hold me over.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:28 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:I know there's a lot of different play styles for everybody here so I thought it might be a good idea to get a rough estimate about who will be playing more of which side of the fence.  Some of you already know that I really couldn't care less about the PvP side (although I'm sure I'll play some) and will be strongly focused on builds/playstyle on the PvE side of things (Strikes/Raids).
I'm on the same page as you. PVP is fun on occasion but it's really all about end game PvE. Although, i'm a little concerned that they may have made the raiding too difficult for the "average joe." But we'll have to see how it turns out. 

As far as gear goes, i think they have special "money" for lack of a better word that is used to buy PvP gear. At least that's what it seemed like in the beta. I think they are going to do something similar to what WoW did with PvP gear and PvE gear.
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:54 pm

UWinWithWin wrote:As far as gear goes, i think they have special "money" for lack of a better word that is used to buy PvP gear. At least that's what it seemed like in the beta. I think they are going to do something similar to what WoW did with PvP gear and PvE gear.

While there is gear you can get with PvP currency it's not any different than the gear you can get doing PvE.  There is no stat such as resiliance in WoW.  PvP and PvE gear with be interchangeable with neither being more effective either way.  Basically, you'll be using your best gear for either PvP or PvE, doesn't matter.  Bungie didn't want to separate PvP'ers from PvE'ers as far as equipment goes.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Probably a mix of both, but mostly PvE.  I'm looking forward to running fire teams thru the game with many different classes and sub classes, doing raids and strikes, and building up my equipment so that I can play some PvP.  However, I'll probably try to stay with the unnormalized and/or Iron Banner events.  From what I played in the Alpha & Beta that was what I liked best.  Rewarding those that grind and making your gear count.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by UWinWithWin Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:08 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:While there is gear you can get with PvP currency it's not any different than the gear you can get doing PvE.  There is no stat such as resiliance in WoW.  PvP and PvE gear with be interchangeable with neither being more effective either way.  Basically, you'll be using your best gear for either PvP or PvE, doesn't matter.  Bungie didn't want to separate PvP'ers from PvE'ers as far as equipment goes.

That's interesting, I think i just assumed it would have some different abilities that would be more useful for PvP. I wonder why bungie wanted to keep the gear the same. We will just have to see what happens as the game develops and evolves.
UWinWithWin
UWinWithWin
Private
Private

GamerTag : Xbox 1: UWinWithWin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum