Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch_Dogs First Impressions

+7
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 OC
OneBadHuskerFan
Xpert2010
Lickwid Apex
S7 Zalacious
DeadSockPuppet
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Watch_Dogs First Impressions - Page 2 Empty Re: Watch_Dogs First Impressions

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu May 29, 2014 7:39 pm

The graphics issue is not new. Starting about 6 months ago someone caught on that each gameplay vid looked worse than the year before.

For me the game is very fun. I love the one on one hacking/trailing modes. Some of the most tense and funny moments I have seen in a game in awhile.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu May 29, 2014 7:42 pm

agreed its nothing new the trailer of gameplay did show the down grade ... idk i guess i really should not b1tch did not pay anything for it ....

yeah for know people at company's  who give there employee's codes for the games  (glock would say i have sold my soul  i say meh free stuff = WIN )
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat May 31, 2014 2:34 am

Sooooooo, getting the upgraded ATM hacks (more money) gives you a TON of cash.  On "normal" money hacks I get anywhere from 800 to 4000 or so per hack.  "Rich" hacks can give up to 15,000'ish from what I've seen.  I just got the upgrades earlier tonight and have already bought all the most expensive weapons and have over 300k in cash right now, lol.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Sat May 31, 2014 3:39 am

Yeah kinda bummed there aren't enough money sinks.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat May 31, 2014 8:25 am

I'll have to pick those upgrades up.  I also get the bonus cash from the Palace Pack for my GameStop preorder.  Has anyone figured out if you can keep/store and/or upgrade cars?  It does kind of suck that there's not more to spend your money on.  

Since it seems pretty easy to get tons of money, I don't expect it to take long for me to be able to buy all the outfits and weapons.  Right now I have a good assortment of weapons, no need for ammo, a couple outfits, and over $20k with just the basic hacking.  I don't really need anything else but if I can get all the  Pokemon easily I might as well do it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat May 31, 2014 1:42 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I'll have to pick those upgrades up.  I also get the bonus cash from the Palace Pack for my GameStop preorder.  Has anyone figured out if you can keep/store and/or upgrade cars?  It does kind of suck that there's not more to spend your money on.  

Since it seems pretty easy to get tons of money, I don't expect it to take long for me to be able to buy all the outfits and weapons.  Right now I have a good assortment of weapons, no need for ammo, a couple outfits, and over $20k with just the basic hacking.  I don't really need anything else but if I can get all the  Pokemon easily I might as well do it.

No, there's no upgrading the cars.  They definitely could have used some money sinks.  I now have over $600k and really nothing to spend it on other than just buying everything I can just for kicks.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat May 31, 2014 2:25 pm

Hopefully they'll add some stuff with updates or DLC.  However, where in GTA you're an old-fashion criminal with money being hard to come by, WD is the digital future so I can see money being a non-issue with Aiden's hacking ability.  That's probably why they didn't generate money sinks.  That being said, it would be nice to buy some fancy Gold Coast property instead of staying in the roach motel.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Where is the best places to hack the rich, I noticed some areas do give you more money based on the location?

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:39 pm

So very, very weird!

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:15 pm

I would guess north side of the city along LSD and the lake, they call that the Gold Coast.  At least that would be my guess if it follows real life.  Otherwise, I haven't really noticed one place over another.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Still a bit on the fence here.  How is it holding up a week later?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:38 pm

I was going to play some last night but some serious crap came up at work and I just didn't have it in me to play.  That being said, I've been in a funk because of work so it's not the game.  When I last played I was still having a great time tooling around the city and picking up a little story here, some Hot Spots there and just playing in the sandbox.  I still suggest the game. 

I'm not sure if I'm going to get the Season Pass just yet, that will probably depend on money, if they open up anything cool with them (aside from just some new missions) and if they offer any expansion on MP.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:43 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Still a bit on the fence here.  How is it holding up a week later?

I don't know about anybody else, but I think it's an excellent game.  I've still not done much of the main story line missions (Just finished act 1 of 5).  The side missions, especially the "fixer contracts", "hideouts" and "criminal convoy".  I'm currently level 26 and full "Vigilante" (Good guy).  It can be somewhat difficult to keep your reputation at the full vigilante level due to losing rep in you injure/kill civilians and/or police officers (especially when the police are after you!).  

I can't speak much to the MP aspect of the game as I've only tried it on a few occasions.  Based on what I have played I'm not too fond of it, although others seem to love it.

Anyways, in my opinion, it's already worth the money with much of the game to be played still.  I imagine people just playing the main story missions and beating it quickly probably don't feel that way, but I've enjoyed every other aspect of the game.  You'd be missing a lot if you just play the main story.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 am

I just got this yesterday from gamefly and play a bit last night. My first thoughts are I could just spend all day walking the streets profiling and hacking people. While the story is interesting I wish the things that you do during the "missions" were a little more involved and complex. Not just get a phone call go to said place get in either with stealth or force back a couple things and get out. I have never been a big stealth person but like the way this game does it even though I still use force a good amount of the time. I have done some side stuff but will focus more on that next time I play as long as things aren't time like say in Mass effect and a planet blows up on me. Driving is ok the one flaw I have found compared to most games like this is the braking is slow. I hope the campaign gets a little more complex than hack a camera to another camera and then hack a box to get a simple hacking "mini game". I am glad it hasn't been to repeatitive so far like assassins creed but it seems to be going that way. I hope things get better in the campaign.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Still haven't pulled the trigger, but stuff like this make me wish I had...

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:02 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Still haven't pulled the trigger, but stuff like this make me wish I had...

I've yet to try any of the digital trips yet.  I've heard Spider Tank is really fun so looking forward to playing it at some point.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:35 pm

Haven't played those either, but with War Thunder and Destiny Alpha it might be a bit before I get back to WD.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:04 am

I'm thinking that I'm going to pass on this game now.  I really wanted to get it before, but after seeing what games are releasing soon Watch Dogs has become a low priority on my list and I'd rather not be spending a bunch of money on games that I won't be able to invest a lot of time in.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:29 am

Sad to say that this has slipped from my priority list as well.  Just so much going on right now and too many good games coming out soon to fit it in.  Sadly I can't play every game I want.  Also, funds are short and I am saving most of it for upcoming games like Destiny, Metro, TLoU etc...  And in the mean time I am playing the Destiny Alpha, BF4, BF: Hardline Beta, War Thunder, Warframe, AC4, Transistor etc...

Such a good time to be a gamer.  Sorry I missed you Watch_Dogs.  Maybe we'll hook up later.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Catch it in the fall after a price drop, still will be worth it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:03 pm

so there is a mod out for the PC version that makes the graphics look even better then they did at last E3
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:02 am

So I put in about an hour or so and was able to farm the $200k to finish buying all the weapons and outfits.  I also had to escape the police a couple times and completed a story mission, but I was pretty much on to try and burn some money.  Having the hack upgrades that point out who to hack for money made this pretty easy.  

It appears that all I have to do is finish unlocking all the cars on demand and then purchase them and I'll have nothing to spend money on, with the exception of the occasional need for some ammo (which is dirt cheap).  I haven't really looked into the cars, so I'm not sure if the prices are for each time you use the car or to unlock it's use.

I guess this is a major difference between WD and GTA V.  Sh*ts cheap, easy to get, and there's not a lot to get in WD, whereas there's tons of ways to spend money in GTA V and money can be hard to come by.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:23 am

Money is absolutely no problem in the game.  I think by the time I finished the game I had around 2 million and that's with all the weapons and cars bought and nothing else to spend it on.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:44 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Money is absolutely no problem in the game.  I think by the time I finished the game I had around 2 million and that's with all the weapons and cars bought and nothing else to spend it on.
So, when you buy the cars it's a one time purchase?  Also, did it take you a long time unlock all the cars to purchase them?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:36 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Money is absolutely no problem in the game.  I think by the time I finished the game I had around 2 million and that's with all the weapons and cars bought and nothing else to spend it on.
So, when you buy the cars it's a one time purchase?  Also, did it take you a long time unlock all the cars to purchase them?

Yeah, once you buy a car it's yours forever.  For most cars it didn't take too long to unlock them but others it takes a while depending on what you are doing.  Some are rewards for getting through a certain number of side quests or main missions.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next