Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements

+6
S7 Coolhand
S7 Big M Easy
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 KnightOwl
10 posters

Go down

Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements Empty Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements

Post by S7 KnightOwl Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 pm

We are trimming the clan wars roster so that we can stay competitive with groups our size. If you would like to be added to the roster please post here. If you where cut from the roster it was because you didn't meet the requirements we have set. Below you will find a guideline of what we are looking for in order to be added to the clan wars roster.

1) Reply to Ghosts roll call
2) Play during a clan war even if your not on the roster. (this would show you really want to play)
3) Be active on the forums as to when you will be online. (this would help with getting more people online at the same time)
4) Have passed probation (this would keep new people from joining just for the in game perks)
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements Empty Re: Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks for cutting me even tho I've been active and do play. Also I play on the lists (game modes during clan battles) that improve our score all the time. I only get to play on Tuesdays, I don't appreciate being taken off the list. I really like having no clan tags now! I am on the general roll call, I don't have the schedule you guys have so what gives.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements Empty Re: Ghosts Clan Wars Roster Requirements

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:26 pm

You need to reply to the Ghosts roll call so we know who is active. We have no way of knowing if you don't play with the group, don't reply to roll call, and don't post on the fourms. It doesn't show individual score the the clan ops, so the changes were made to reflect those that we know are active, knowing that we might cut someone inadvertently but that they can be easily added back to the roster. I would expect a message/response requesting to be added if anyone is removed that thinks they need to be left on. Simply message the game command or post here- it's not a personal attack as we are just going off the information we have.

Also, there were two members on the clan list that said "gamertag classified" and we could not see the name or anything. They were also removed, as looking over the roster it appears not to be anyone who has hit any of the last 2 roll calls.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:57 pm

I don't hit roll call here because a long time ago we were told not to. I can't play on the practice day. So I do the general, now wouldn't it be easier to just ask me if I was still active. I'm to old to take it personal I just didn't like it, the random castration, ouch... I mean it's how I rep the clan when I play. Now all I have is a Gamer tag that feels naked.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:08 pm

At rolling thunder, just hit the ghosts role call and you will be added back and you will all your stuff back. We as a clan changed how we run this game a little different.  in the past if you couldnt make the practices you shouldn't hit the roll call. On this cod with the new clan wars we changed the game roll call to be the roll call for the clan wars and the " I'll try and make the practices roll call". So hit the ghost roll call to be included for the in game clan roster.  When ghost came out it kept everybody that was in the s7 cod clan and brought them over, making our in game clan consist of 35 plus people and therefor we were playing other clans with the similar size in the clan war. But we really only had like 15 people actually playing ghosts during the clan war, so we were way outnumbered and therefore playing with a huge disadvantage. So we have to be lean on the number of clan members in the in game clan.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Big M Easy Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:25 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:At rolling thunder, just hit the ghosts role call and you will be added back and you will all your stuff back. We as a clan changed how we run this game a little different.  in the past if you couldnt make the practices you shouldn't hit the roll call. On this cod with the new clan wars we changed the game roll call to be the roll call for the clan wars and the " I'll try and make the practices roll call". So hit the ghost roll call to be included for the in game clan roster.  When ghost came out it kept everybody that was in the s7 cod clan and brought them over, making our in game clan consist of 35 plus people and therefor we were playing other clans with the similar size in the clan war. But we really only had like 15 people actually playing ghosts during the clan war, so we were way outnumbered and therefore playing with a huge disadvantage. So we have to be lean on the number of clan members in the in game clan.

Thanks for the clarification droopy that's a bit better than saying you've been removed due to inactivity. I like thunder did not hit the roll call as apparently we're using it differently than we have before. I tried getting in some games yesterday but the only people on we're glock sticky and myself, once those guys got busy no one else was on playing. Hopefully some more of our guys will become active during the weekend  daylight hours as the vast majority of our crew seems to be extreme late night gamers.
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Big M Easy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Big M Easy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:51 am

S7 DROOPY wrote:At rolling thunder, just hit the ghosts role call and you will be added back and you will all your stuff back. We as a clan changed how we run this game a little different.  in the past if you couldnt make the practices you shouldn't hit the roll call. On this cod with the new clan wars we changed the game roll call to be the roll call for the clan wars and the " I'll try and make the practices roll call". So hit the ghost roll call to be included for the in game clan roster.  When ghost came out it kept everybody that was in the s7 cod clan and brought them over, making our in game clan consist of 35 plus people and therefor we were playing other clans with the similar size in the clan war. But we really only had like 15 people actually playing ghosts during the clan war, so we were way outnumbered and therefore playing with a huge disadvantage. So we have to be lean on the number of clan members in the in game clan.

OK,  yeah that makes sense... I  feel better  now all warm and fuzzy inside.   Will do.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:17 pm

Yeah this is just a strategy for winning not personal.  We tried our asses off last war with many of us playing every single night of it.  A couple members even got on early Monday trying to clinch it, but we were paired against clans with larger and much more active rosters.  It takes more than playing a couple game during a clan war yo make a contribution rather than making it more difficult on the group as a whole.  I hope everyone keeps that in mind and keep this all in perspective as just a strat to win at a video game.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:54 am

I have been pretty busy on a big project with my company and have missed playing in the last clan war but contributed on everyone previous to that.  

I am with Easy and Thunder on this one you guys could have handled the cutting a lot better.  To be quite frank it pissed me off.  Droppy I am pretty certain I hit reply in role call as I can check the forums but still got a message about being cut from the rosters.    

I understand you guys are "competitive" and want to do well but I think we might want to think about why we are in a clan to game together, not drive a wedge between us.  I don't play late at night so maybe that is why you guys don't see me on much when my work isn't killing me.

I am sure there is a solution to keeping everyone happy and keeping the clan competitive and I am sure you guys will find it.  Thanks for allowing me to vent my frustration. Very Happy
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:00 pm

It is easy to add you back. Anyone that got dropped but should not have should apply on the app and post here - you will get re added. It was easier to make a big cut and re add the actives than to go through 50 people and individually talk to them and see if they are really playing much during the clan wars. In hindsight we ought to have had someone on the 360 side put together a list of do-not-cuts, but we didn't so the cuts were deep but not necessarily permanent. Give a shout when you reapply and I will get on the app to accept it.

Anyone remaining on the clan roster please participate heavily in the next clan war. This will be our third attempt at netting a 1st on gold. It helps with reticles and camo and is important to certain folks.

Our first attempt on Gold we had so many people on the roster that we were facing clans that always had at least 2 full lobbies playing - it was insanely bad. We got dropped all the way to bronze because of that loss. Well, we worked our way back to silver in the next one, then back to gold in the one after that. Now, the last one we played we had returned to Gold and we put in a solid effort but the other clans still had more active members playing, so we couldn't get er done. That is why we felt we needed to do this.

If you don't play in clan wars with other members, then don't worry about the cut. You're still in the clan - this is only one in-game feature that we need to manage. If the app showed how many games people had played in the last war it would have been easier to do this smartly, but that isn't the case so lets just get through this and not make more of it then it is.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:39 pm

Maybe I don't understand how this clan wars thing is working....As I understand it doesn't matter if we are playing as a party or separate, if we win matches it counts as a win correct? If that is the case as long as we play and win we contribute.

If we have to be in a party I can understand cutting some of us as I will never be able to play with you late night guys as I generally play either 8-10 am or 5-7 pm on weekdays and never hardly play on the weekend.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm

I don't think the contribution is the issue, the main problem seems to be, we don't know who is contributing and who isn't. We can't assume everyone who plays here and there are contributing to the clan wars portion of the game. There lies the issue of, do we have a clan consisting of 50 members that play here and there during clan wars. Cause then we face people who are playing with 50 members who are avidly playing. What i understood was we wanted to make sure that every person on our list is actually playing during clan wars. So the reason for the cutdown was to increase our chances when it came to numbers. If we have 20 people (lets call this the trimmed list) then we only face people with a similar number of members. Instead of it being 50(actually 20 playing)vs 50. 

Perhaps a solution is to have a roll call for clan wars? The only problem i see that we may face there is that now members who actively play COD and are involved in clan wars must hit up 3 roll calls a month. More depending on how often there is a clan war. The people aren't checking forums everyday might not know about a clan war, since we only find out usually a day before the war actually starts. There are too many variables that don't allow us to have accurate roll of who all is playing. So what we did was cut everyone we weren't sure of. Because adding them is so much simpler. We can do it in a matter of seconds. Better safe than sorry, what if we don't cut people who aren't playing an that puts us in a different tier in the clan wars based on member size. 

These numbers are hypothetical and probably inaccurate, and correct me if i'm wrong in all of my assumption and interpretations. This is just how i saw it.
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:57 pm

Well said coop amd I think we're had a growing pains moment . If cod app was better then this wouldn't have happen imo. You can google the clan wars and see how clans were cheating in the first 2 wars and how big clans drop all but like 6 guys and then play the clan wars hardcore and then after its over everbody rejoins gets the stuff and then they repeat the same thing next war .in the first to wars clans would drop to like 6 people and then add everyone back after the war started and then it was like a team of 35 vs a team of 6 .
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:17 pm

Coop is right, no one get to see a "score" to see who contributes and who doesn't. There is strategy in it, we try to post some of it up on the msg boards and send out out the orders in the app so those playing at different times get in on the plan. With no responses on the boards, no PM's in game, and no scoreboard, we had no way of knowing who was playing, and it was just easier to move everyone and add anyone who needed to be added back in. There is normally only a one week lag between matches, so we moved fast and made deep cuts to get our numbers below 20 (we really do not know the clan size cut-off is, so that is even a guess). I will add anyone back who KnightOwl tells me when he gives me the next roster update. I think the next clan war starts next Wednesday, so I'll make all the roster changes before the weekend is up.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:35 pm

Clan wars are 4 days long starting Friday at 10AM and running until Monday at 10AM, I think.  If I don't know that I will have time to play at least a few hours 2 or 3 evenings of that then I would ask to be cut so I'm not deadweight on those competing.  It just makes since.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Who got cut was my decision and where based off of what little information I had. I made deep cuts after talking to my officers and the CO's just before the last clan war as we didn't have much time to act. I meant nothing personal by it. Part of this threads intention was for people to get on the roster that wanted to participate. Its kind of like what we used to do when we played competitively on game-battles. The messages I sent out via XBL was to give everyone who was getting cut a heads up and maybe I worded it wrong. XBL limits you to 250 characters so I had to keep it short with the intention of bringing people onto the forums for more information.

What would help me out the most would be to post up in the forums under the current clan wars forum (ie Antarctica clan war) what days and times you might be on so that others will see and maybe join you. That will also give me the opportunity to help rally up members to get online during those times.

I apologize for pissing anyone off. As my first time being a GC I was just doing what I thought was best. I hope no one takes this personally and I will get those back on the roster that want to help out.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 COOP Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Well said!
S7 COOP
S7 COOP
Captain
Captain

GamerTag : S7 COOP

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:22 pm

So does a single win solo contribute as much as a single win while in a party?
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:32 pm

Yes SG it does
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by osio361mafia Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 pm

#Salty
osio361mafia
osio361mafia
Private First Class
Private First Class

GamerTag : osio361mafia

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 22, 2014 6:23 pm

We now have the clan up to level 25 and should have the red clan tag. Also, once we max out 25, we unlock all the camo's and reticles you normally have to earn from the challenges.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu May 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Nice. Very cool

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down