Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play station now. Announce at CES

+2
S7 Sticky
S7 OC
6 posters

Go down

Play station now. Announce at CES Empty Play station now. Announce at CES

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:18 am

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/01/07/playstation-now-streaming-game-service-coming-this-summer/
Really cool idea and hope Microsoft comes up with some thing like this. I also think there will be a fee associated with this service not like a pay per game but we will see.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Play station now. Announce at CES Empty Re: Play station now. Announce at CES

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:31 am

that does seem kind of cool
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:35 am

Well, honestly it does.
But since I don't yet have the PS4 (I do own a PS3) --I'm more interested in what Xbox is doing for me. With that question in mind, I see that "Sleeping Dogs" is now free (X360) and they are indeed expanding the Game with Gold experience to XBOX One.  cheers 
Will there one day be a XB1 streaming service like this described for PS3/4? Not sure. But in the meantime there are some benefits for the Xbox crowd as well.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/67080/features/free-xbox-one-games-complete-list-of-games-with-gold-and-free-to-play-titles/

EDIT: OC I see what's happening here. Are you trying to talk yourself into getting the PS over the XB1?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:32 pm

Been looking forward to this for a while now.  Mostly as a way to have access to some of the great PS3 games on my PS4.  It will almost make the backward compatibility issue null and void.  Depending on the cost of course.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:55 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Depending on the cost of course.
This will be the major factor.  Some people think this is just gonna be a feature of the PS4 and that you'll just magically be able to play PS3 games for free.

I've never been into the "backwards compatibility" hype train so maybe I'm just not getting it.  I assume MS will have a similar service at some point and I sure don't plan on taking part in it.  If I wanted to play Xbox 360 games I'd plug in my 360.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Yes but some people sold their last gen console to get money for this gen.  Klown no. Just thought it was a cool feature.
Ex. Say you like GTA5 well it's only on 360/ps3 now you will be able to play it on the ps4

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:39 pm

S7 OC wrote:Yes but some people sold their last gen console to get money for this gen.  Klown no. Just thought it was a cool feature.
Ex. Say you like GTA5 well it's only on 360/ps3 now you will be able to play it on the ps4
Maybe that's what I'm not getting.

If you sold your console chances are you sold the games that you had for it too.  If you had games that you still wanted to play why sell it all knowing you'd have to re-buy them later on?  Sorry, not trying to be argumentative, just trying to understand a bit better.   Very Happy
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Lol very true.  You'd be surprised how often people re buy games.  I have done it a few times.  Got bored of a game sold it for money toward a new one, said game makes a come back with the clan and I go rebut it.  Suckers are born every day.  Plus I think people like to go play an old game to bring back some of the old memories.  I'll tell you if Xbox does this and the bring back games for the original xbox as well as the 360 I would not be surprised to see a lot of throw back nights.  Price point will be very key with this.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:06 pm

It should also be noted that this is not just a PS4 feature.  It will be accessible on the PS3, PS4 and Vita to start but will eventually move on to other devices including Sony TV's and even PC's.

And as for BC.  It's just plain easier to use one device.  Period.  There are plenty of games I still play on both current gen and next gen consoles.  But I would much rather be able to use one console if possible.  Why would you not?  Is there a down side here that I am missing? 

I mean, is it a deal breaker?  No, but I would still rather have the option to play the older generation games without going back to the older consoles.  Also, there are still games coming out that I want to play the are only being released on last gen.  Dark Souls 2 to be exact.  If the next gen was BC I could play that when it comes out in March without having to go back.  This would allow me to enjoy the new console goodness like UI, auto background updates and chat while still playing a game I want to play.  If for instance I had a X1 and enjoyed playing/chatting with you guys every night, when Dark Souls 2 came out I would have to play on the 360 and no longer be able to chat with my buds.  see the problem?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:16 pm

The advantage of something like this for me would be that I could play games that I missed because I didn't have a PS3: the Uncharted games and God of War games being at the top of the list.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down