Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'

+9
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Nate
S7 Coolhand
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Sticky
Xpert2010
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues' Empty EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:47 pm

I've been holding out playing because of performance issues and it seems I'll be waiting even longer.  The whole thing must be a HUGE mess.

EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues' Empty Re: EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:51 pm

I still play on a daily basis for the most part with no issues.  The occasional drop is the only problem I run into and it happens maybe once or twice a night.  Not that is more than it should drop but not enough to keep me from enjoying the heck out of this game.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues' Empty Re: EA halts Battlefield 4 expansions to 'sort out all the issues'

Post by Atrum Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:52 pm

Yeah, I've stopped playing on PC because I got tired of dropping. It doesn't ALWAYS happen, it's just often enough that I'd rather play CoD, Forza, or Hearthstone instead.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:12 am

Yeah, I've stopped playing because the drops get really annoying after while.  And whenever I try to start campaign, my progress gets deleted.  EA games ftw.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:22 am

on xb1 the only issue is getting every one in a the same game

other then that it flows very easy from there on
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:27 am

S7 Sticky wrote:on xb1 the only issue is getting every one in a the same game

It may flow easy for you, but it drops frequently for me on the Xbox One.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:04 am

Xpert2010 wrote:

Your mom drops frequently on the XBO...

No Suspect
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:11 am

AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:

Your mom drops frequently on the XBO...

No Suspect
lol wut?
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:39 am

I don't know...
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:52 am

Strange, I played all night last night trouble free.  Kenny only dropped once early on and was trouble free the rest of the night.  How often are you guys dropping?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Strange, I played all night last night trouble free.  Kenny only dropped once early on and was trouble free the rest of the night.  How often are you guys dropping?
thats about as much as it happens to me
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:59 am

I haven't played since Thanksgiving, but I would get kicked out of BF4 once every hour or two.  Get's really annoying when a match is 5-10 points away from finishing, and all of a sudden I'm staring at the Xbox Home screen.  Crashes typically happened after a match was finished for me though.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Big M Easy Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:56 pm

I'm the first one to give them crap for battlefield 4 but like the rest of the people above I experience very few drops. I've had the worst problem with getting into the same game and same team as the rest of my friends. I have also had a weird issue where there is black space rendered in front of me instead of the terrain and occasional issues with game audio dropping.
S7 Big M Easy
S7 Big M Easy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Big M Easy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:34 pm

S7 Big M Easy wrote:I'm the first one to give them crap for battlefield 4 but like the rest of the people above I experience very few drops. I've had the worst problem with getting into the same game and same team as the rest of my friends. I have also had a weird issue where there is black space rendered in front of me instead of the terrain and occasional issues with game audio dropping.
I do get audio drop when I am in a vehicle of some sort from time to time.  Mostly buggys.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:48 pm

This user review on metacritic made me laugh.

Its been out for over 2 weeks on Xbone, and it's still broken. then EA and DICE have the balls to release DLC before fixing the original game. The only reason I purchased this "game" was because my 2 friends wanted to try it. Wll we are now trading the game in and switching to CoD. You would think that the support would be better for PC, and the next gen consoles, yet EA and DICE once again push out a barely beta quality product and expect the consumer to test it. It should have been named Work In Progress 4: Give us your money.Do you wallet a favor and pass on this game and any future Battlefield games produced by EA and DICE. Or at least wait 6 months for most of the issues to be worked out.I would say the campaign is nice, but I lost my game save halfway through, so enough said.I would say it looks good, but graphical errors and getting stuck inside of a black box building with no doors is not fun.I would say multiplayer was fun, but choosing Rush and getting put into a Team Deathmatch before crashing to the home screen is all I can seem to get out of this worthless game.In my opinion, save your money and buy a real game
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:42 am

It doesn't drop too often for me... Probably once a gaming session. it mostly drops when loading the next map. Its been awhile since it froze in the middle of a round.

I still think the sheer scale of it all is the best. But hopefully they can sort this sh1t out. The biggest complaint I have is not being able to join a server sometimes.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:33 pm

Great game but Im dropping after matches about 75% of the time.  Really frustrating.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:49 pm

Hopefully by the time I get a PS4 the bugs are worked out and it hasn't caused too many people to stop playing it because I really liked BF3 and am waiting on this one until I get a PS4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:37 pm

No issues on my end. I love this game.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:16 am

I chugged through long enough yesterday to get to level 5 but couldn't take it any longer.  Only twice during the entire time did I actually get to play 2 matches in a row.  Every other time I was either disconnected after the match was over or dropped during the actual match (only happened once though).  

Add to that that apparently on the Xbox One version there are bad weapon balance issues with ALL Carbines and Assault Rifles being bugged (Only the Xbox One version).  Source

My main hope is that they can get this stuff sorted out before Xmas since I have quite a bit of vacation time coming up then.  Would be nice to play the game properly, but I know that's asking a bit too much.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:07 pm

how about this I play the campaign and get to the level when you get back to your ship and it kicks me out to the home screen.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Skandelous Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:30 am

there was a near 1gb patch today on pc that has fixed some of the issues, from the news portion of battlelog " Today (December 9) we’re rolling out a new server update and a game update for Battlefield 4 on PC, starting at 11AM UTC. This will address issues such as server/client crashes, collision bugs, and frame rate drops. All details can be found in the links below. As a result of these updates, Battlefield 4 multiplayer on PC will be unavailable for a few hours starting 11AM UTC."
S7 Skandelous
S7 Skandelous
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Skandelous1

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:00 am

I'v had it since day one but have been engulfed in Assassins Creed.  Hopefully they will have the bugs fixed by the time I try it out.....
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:38 pm

Apperantly the patch is live for the PS4 now too.  Crashes are supposed to be fixed now.  I'll check it out later but I was rarely effected so I will probably not be a good test subject.  Also, I am currently addicted to Warframe so... But I'll report when I get a chance.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm still holding off on this until I hear some good reports.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next