Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fun game so far, but some things that bug me...

+4
Atrum
Xpert2010
S7 Epic
OneBadHuskerFan
8 posters

Go down

Fun game so far, but some things that bug me... Empty Fun game so far, but some things that bug me...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 pm

No auction house and no way to sell back cars (even at a discount).  Make sure you absolutely want the car that you are about to buy if it's expensive.  With money as hard to come by (time wise) in this game it's a pretty big hit to spend hundreds of thousands, even over 1 mill on a car that you find out you could have done without.

No gifting cars.  Even if you have a friend that has the means to help you out they can't do anything for you anymore.  There's no gifting cars.  You must pay for every car you play with.  For me personally, this isn't a huge deal, but for people that don't have the time to put into getting a lot of cars to play with, it kind of sucks.

No car clubs and club garage.  For people that don't have the time to play a lot it was always nice for them to have the ability to go into the team garage and have a car to play with.

Online "rent a car" option.  If you want to race online and get paid and get XP, you MUST use your own garage car.  If you get into a race where you don't have a car in that class/event and have to "rent" a car, you get zero XP and zero cash for that race, no matter where you finish.  I don't like that.  There is basically nobody online right now at all due to having to play career so much.

Overall, it's a good game, looks great, and plays great, but if you think you are going to be able to jump on and earn cars like crazy you are in for a disappointment.  In a way, I like it because you know if somebody has a high level car that they put in the time to earn it, but for people that don't have much time to play it makes it tough to it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Fun game so far, but some things that bug me... Empty Re: Fun game so far, but some things that bug me...

Post by S7 Epic Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Knightowl's drivatar being a douchebag is my biggest complaint.

But yeah, theres definitely a lot of features missing from Forza 4. If it had all of those then it would easily the be the best console racer of all time.

/kanye
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Fun game so far, but some things that bug me... Empty Re: Fun game so far, but some things that bug me...

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 pm

Sounds like I might enjoy this more than Forza 4 in a way when it comes to working hard to get your cars.  Forza 4 was just throwing cars at you, and I'm not a fan of that because I didn't feel like I earned them.  Dunno for sure if that's something that does still happen in Forza 5 since I don't have it yet.   I'll be getting my copy in a few days.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Sounds like I might enjoy this more than Forza 4 in a way when it comes to working hard to get your cars.  Forza 4 was just throwing cars at you, and I'm not a fan of that because I didn't feel like I earned them.  Dunno for sure if that's something that does still happen in Forza 5 since I don't have it yet.   I'll be getting my copy in a few days.
Nope, no car rewards either, which I'm just fine with.  You must play and earn every car you get.  Nothing is given to you other than XP and credits.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:22 pm

I do see auction house is coming soon. It would be interesting if you couldn't buy tunes anymore. I imagine that would create a pretty big gap in the general online competition.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:37 pm

AtrumX wrote:I do see auction house is coming soon. It would be interesting if you couldn't buy tunes anymore. I imagine that would create a pretty big gap in the general online competition.
I like being able to buy tunes.  I really don't know jack about tuning the cars other than some basics.  I have yet to set a time with a properly tuned car.  Sad
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:40 pm

AtrumX wrote:I do see auction house is coming soon.
Where did you see this?  I thought this was an actual point of the devs saying there will not be an auction house.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I do see auction house is coming soon.
Where did you see this?  I thought this was an actual point of the devs saying there will not be an auction house.
I misconstrued the Forza Marketplace as being something similar to the auction house? What is the Marketplace then, just DLC?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:22 pm

So this was the game that was giving me the most regret about choosing to go with a PS4 but from what I hear I don't think it bothers me that much anymore.

I know the graphics are sick, the game is the best console racer ever, and all the other good stuff, but I know I don't have fanboy time to put into it and I like to buy and sell cars as I'm looking for cars to race in tourneys so it doesn't sound like I'm right for the game.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:10 pm

I haven't had any trouble buying cars as needed. I just bought and built 2 new D class cars and still had over 300,000 credits. I'm also only driver level 11 or something so I've not put hardly any time into the game.

I assume faster/more expensive cars get more spendy? Or more likely I haven't put the time in to notice any issues in cash flow yet.

That... or Husker was spoiled with his level 1,000,000 from forza 4 and was just re-introduced to the concept of monies Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:16 am

Trust me, to get a nice stable of the top cars is going to take some time for somebody that doesn't put a LOT of time into it.  Consider the F1 car...it's 6,000,000 credits and the higher tier races pay the same as the low tier.  If they don't implement an easier way to make money there will be a very small % of people that ever get that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:26 am

Here are some issues I have:

This one REALLY makes me mad... Why so few tracks...?

Forza 4 - 26 Locations
Forza 5 - 14 Locations

Seriously Forza, I've played for 2 days now, I'm already getting bored with some of these tracks

And of those 14 only 3 are actually "new"  I call bullshit on that... it should be all the tracks from 4 AND new ones...

No Infineon
No Road America
No Maple Valley
No Camino Viejo
No Tsukuba
No Nurburgring
No Suzuka
No Sunset
No Mugello
No Fujimi Kaido

I know there needs to be some turnover... but WTF

All drivatards are evil.
I can't even attempt to drive clean with them.  I've held my line, down a straightaway and been KO-ed by this bastards.

Some races are REDIC.  I understand that a gold is top 3 for most events but I always want to try and run down the leader before the end.  Starting 12th to 14th, in a 2 lap race, with evil "not-AI" makes this game REALLY annoying and d@mn near impossible.

I actually had one race, where I hit a clean lap that was 15th in the world at that point.  I was like 15 seconds in front of 3rd, but the lead car won by 22 seconds.  I just don't understand crap like that.
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:35 am

What drivatar difficulty are you on? If you're having a bad experience with it being too difficult, lower the difficulty?

I did find it odd that so many of the tracks are missing. I suppose this all goes along with Huskers theory that the XBO wasn't supposed to launch yet.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Increase the drivatar difficulty for cleaner races. That said, I've had plenty of 3rd place finishes due to starting 14/16 on a 2 lap race of a long straight circuit.

In regards to the tracks, I really don't mind. They're so much better now and with the driving as great as it is, I'm evening liking tracks I used to hate like Sebring and Atlanta.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:40 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Increase the drivatar difficulty for cleaner races. That said, I've had plenty of 3rd place finishes due to starting 14/16 on a 2 lap race of a long straight circuit.

In regards to the tracks, I really don't mind. They're so much better now and with the driving as great as it is, I'm evening liking tracks I used to hate like Sebring and Atlanta.
I actually agree with increasing drivatar difficulty if you want better racing.  I have it set at the highest level (Unbeatable) and the actual racing is much, much better.  There are still occasional brain farts by the AI, but really for the most part it's much better than lower levels from what I can tell.  You just gotta make sure to try to get to the front ASAP!

And nothing wrong with 3rd place, it's still a gold medal!
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:11 pm

So how does the placement work if 3rd place is still a "gold" medal?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:16 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:So how does the placement work if 3rd place is still a "gold" medal?
1st-3rd = Gold
4th-6th = Silver
7th-10th = Bronze
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Fun game so far, but some things that bug me... 51tgpFun game so far, but some things that bug me... 51tgp
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:52 pm

@Interseptor - LOLZ!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I do see auction house is coming soon. It would be interesting if you couldn't buy tunes anymore. I imagine that would create a pretty big gap in the general online competition.
I like being able to buy tunes.  I really don't know jack about tuning the cars other than some basics.  I have yet to set a time with a properly tuned car.  Sad
If you follow someone, you can use their tunes from the tuning manager if they have saved a tune.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:17 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:So how does the placement work if 3rd place is still a "gold" medal?
1st-3rd = Gold
4th-6th = Silver
7th-10th = Bronze
Only on a full racefield.  In smaller races, 2nd is silver.

If all your worried about is winning the gold this may mess with your head a little.  But if you're after the cash, finishing in the top tier can still payout.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:20 am

Lickwid Apex wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
1st-3rd = Gold
4th-6th = Silver
7th-10th = Bronze
Only on a full racefield.  In smaller races, 2nd is silver.

If all your worried about is winning the gold this may mess with your head a little.  But if you're after the cash, finishing in the top tier can still payout.
Good point, hadn't thought about that.  It does vary depending on the size of the field.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down