Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD.

+4
DeadSockPuppet
S7 OC
S7 Panzer
OneBadHuskerFan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD. Empty PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD.

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 pm

Doesn't make much sense for the PS4 fanboys to crap on the XB1 version for being 720p when the PS4 can't seem to run properly at 1080p.  FWIW, it's been reported that CoD runs great on the XB1.

PS4 frame rate issues
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD. Empty Re: PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD.

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 pm

At least they attempted it.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD. Empty Re: PS4 having frame rate issues on CoD.

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:48 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:At least they attempted it.
While I agree in principal, I don't think a game should be released at a higher res if it's known to have frame rate issues that could have been remedied by dropping the res a bit.  IW had to have known there would be issues with all the testing they do.  I'd much rather play a game at 720p knowing that it's solid.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:08 pm

If the user doesn't have the ability to lower the settings to 720p for a smoother game play experience then I agree Xbox made the better choice. Either way I'm disappointed that these "next gen" consoles can't run games at 1080.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:18 pm

S7 Panzer wrote:Either way I'm disappointed that these "next gen" consoles can't run games at 1080.
Yeah definitely, but I'm guessing once we get past the launch window and devs get to work with proper tools we'll see more games running at 1080p natively.  Forza 5 looks amazing, mainly because turn 10 has had the ability to work with the XB1 from day one.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:46 pm

Yeah I put that all on IW or who ever is actually responsible for that part of the game.  720p is not a very good way to start but isn't it just ported over from the current gen?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:28 am

S7 OC wrote:Yeah I put that all on IW or who ever is actually responsible for that part of the game.  720p is not a very good way to start but isn't it just ported over from the current gen?
I'm not sure how it's made for the XB1 but it's by far the biggest game as far as file size so I suspect IW has done a terrible job of optimizing it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:34 am

Just sounds like another subpar IW product, rather than a console problem. Still not sure if I want to pick this one up.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:45 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Just sounds like another subpar IW product, rather than a console problem.  Still not sure if I want to pick this one up.  
It's only really IW in name. Most of them left and formed Repawn...the guys that are making a little game called 'Titanfall'.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 am

Sorry but that is an extremely biased article.  The frame rate drop is a problem with both console versions not just the PS4. The problem here is IW and not the consoles.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:48 am

Yeah you try to port a current gen game running at a lower frame rate to new console and have a better frame rate your asking for issues.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Sorry but that is an extremely biased article.  The frame rate drop is a problem with both console versions not just the PS4. The problem here is IW and not the consoles.
I'm just going by what I've seen reported.  Granted I don't see everything so who knows, but the following article says the XB1 ran smoothly.

XB1 runs smooth
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:46 pm

Well I am not going to get into the finer details but it should also be noted that these are pre-launch versions of the game and most of the problems could be addressed with a day 1 patch. (For both consoles). And regardless, IW is still to blame. For both res and frame rate issues. Comes with launching on a new system. I have no doubt both systems can run at 1080p once they figure out what is the best way to optimize. Launch title are always rushed to market.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:16 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Sorry but that is an extremely biased article.  The frame rate drop is a problem with both console versions not just the PS4. The problem here is IW and not the consoles.
Got any sauce on that?

From what I've heard -

PC: Framerate issues (even on beast PCs pushing 5+ Teraflops (context: PS4 and XB1 are what, 1.8 and 1.35ish?))

XB1: Fine but 720p

PS4: Framerate issues

Now, since the next-gen and PC versions should all be pretty much alike, my assumption (based on my anecdotal experience with graphics programming) would be the following.

1. The game is very badly programmed
2. The issues scale with frame buffer and render targets
3. The only reason XB1 is (reportedly) fine is that at 720, it can easily churn through the mess. The 720 actually turns out to be a saving grace.
4. Had MS done a better job with the drivers and timing of the dev kits, XB1 would be running at 1080 and having the same issues as PC and PS4.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:44 pm

The reason I say the article is bias is many fold. First off they don't actually know anything yet. The X1 version has yet to be reviewed so accounts on how well the game runs is limited and to make a comparison this early is not good reporting. Not only that but they are also comparing apples and oranges. According to reports the PS4 version suffered frame rate drops during some of the more taxing moments in the SP campaign. They then compare this to a 10 minute media controlled MP demo?  Come on.  The MP for the PS4 version also reports to run smoothly so why draw lines?  Furthermore, there are actually several reports that the X1 has the same issues, even some reports of frame rate drops in MP. Here are a few of the first links I found using a new tool called google...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Xbox-One-Suffers-Frame-Stutter-Call-Duty-Ghosts-60354.html

http://vr-zone.com/articles/call-duty-ghosts-xbox-one-reportedly-suffers-frame-rate-drops/63065.html

All that said (which I really didn't want to get into), I still say that most of the issue lies with IW, sh1tty coding and rushing to market. When you have problems with PS4, X1 and even the highest end PCs, I don't think you can blame the hardware.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Well, the second link means nothing to me as that ManaBytes guy is just a BS link baiter - I'm surprised he isn't working for Kotaku yet.

The first, well, its amateur youtube video. Couldn't been dropped by the capture card, coulda been the XB1, tbh, I don't really care having seen Forza, Ryse and DR3, all running well. My hope is that this is the start of CoD's death.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Summary of topic: Everyone was so confused and busy crying about how CoD was 720p on the XBO and couldn't possibly understand why anyone would ever do that. Now they know.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Meh, XB1 could have 2 bit graphics and paddle controllers and I would still buy an xb1, whats the point of having 1080p or a ps4 if there is nobody to play with. Rolling Eyes but really its and IW prob and really who cares if its 1080p native or 720p or upscaled to 1080p or what ever, 1080p crap still looks like crap its all about the programming textures, shadows, lighting all that stuff and I doubt theres a bunch missing from a water down version of COD, BF maybe.  I mean both new consoles aren't game changers and really only graphic card upgrades, M$ might have a little bit more "game changing tech" with the kinect Rolling Eyes and the cloud gaming, but IMO stay with what you play most or where your fiends play
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

I stand somewhat corrected.  The embargo has finally lifted on the XB1 version of Ghosts and the general consensus is that the 360 and XB1 versions run smoothly (although some still claim slowdown at times, those maybe biased sources) and the PS3, PS4 and PC versions suffer from occasional minor slow down.

That said, especially given the fact the problem exists on the PS3, PS4 and PC, I still say that the problem lies with the programing rather than the hardware.  Furthermore that while one platform has minor slow downs and the other has slightly lower fidelity, the general consensus among reviewers is that neither version is inferior to the other and both are solid upgrades on the next-gen system.

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:41 pm

Frame Rate Drops/LAG  =/= Insignificant Resolution Differences.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:58 pm

AtrumX wrote:Frame Rate Drops/LAG  =/= Insignificant Resolution Differences.
First off, frame rate drops are being reported in SP only and have been reported as rare and minor. Secondly, LAG is not mutually exclusive to frame rate.  If you think that some some reason the XB1 version (or the PS4) will not suffer LAG at launch you are insane. Unfortunately the only way to put this to rest completely is to play the game first hand to see what is what.  Sadly, I will not be able to do this as I have no interest in this game and frankly I don't actually care one way or the other.  So I wash my hands of it and without actually playing either version of the game, I concede that the XB1 version of the game is the definitively superior version of the game.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:00 pm

I was thinking of the BF4 issues on PC. My bad. Completely was on the wrong topic.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:02 pm

AtrumX wrote:I was thinking of the BF4 issues on PC. My bad. Completely was on the wrong topic.
Not to hijack, but BF4 issues on the PC?  I have not been following any of that.  What is going on?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:31 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
AtrumX wrote:I was thinking of the BF4 issues on PC. My bad. Completely was on the wrong topic.
Not to hijack, but BF4 issues on the PC?  I have not been following any of that.  What is going on?
I don't do PC gaming, but from what I've seen there have been some pretty bad bugs, crashing and glitches on it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

Yeah, I did some looking after I posted that.  Seems like some buggy stuff going on.  Fortunately the next-gen consoles seem to be preforming smoothly so far (from early reports).  Unlike COD, BF4 is a game I am very interested in so I am hoping for a great next-gen experience.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next