Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season

4 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season Empty The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:48 pm

You buy Madden NFL 25's "Anniversary Edition" for $100, you get a code that lets you watch DirecTV's Sunday Ticket Max service on a computer or a mobile device.

That's a hundred bucks, yes (and regular edition Madden is $60). But Sunday Ticket Max is $300, and that's if you're already paying for DirecTV service and have a dish stuck on your house. With this, maybe you're not watching on your big screen (unless you can get your device to display on your big screen), but the code gives you all the Sunday afternoon NFL games (except your local team's game). Sunday Ticket Max is also the service tier that offers the Red Zone Channel, which channel surfs the league and finds any game where a team is about to score.
EA Sports went in on this with DirecTV and Amazon back in May, and so Amazon is the only place where the anniversary edition is available. Supposedly the offer is limited to 100,000 copies, but it hasn't sold out yet and 100K should be more than enough to keep selling through to the game's launch on Aug. 27.

http://kotaku.com/the-cheapest-way-to-watch-the-nfl-this-year-1041559197

Apperantly you don't even need a console.  The code is packaged separately in the box you could even resell the game and keep the service.  It's a hell of a deal.  Don't miss out if you are a fan.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season Empty Re: The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:34 pm

They've finally figured out how to get me to buy Madden again.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season Empty Re: The Cheapest way to Watch the NFL this Season

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:30 pm

This would be awesome since I'm a transplanted Bears fan living in Michigan, but I hate EA too much to give them money for their game, even to resell it or trade it in.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 pm

I remembered this thread being posted and thought I'd mention this for anybody that is thinking or knows anybody that is thinking about doing this for the PS3.

No NFL Sunday Ticket for PS3 This Year
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:46 am

LOL PS fail again
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:57 am

This has nothing to do with the article I posted.  This is about buying NFL Sunday Ticket via the PS3.  The Madden deal is not affected.  Try to not muddy the waters here.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:06 am

Quote:
This year, people who purchase Madden NFL 25's Anniversary Edition have a bevy of ways to get NFL Sunday Ticket on tablets and PCs, but not their PS3s.

Still pretty weak IMHO.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:This has nothing to do with the article I posted.  This is about buying NFL Sunday Ticket via the PS3.  The Madden deal is not affected.  Try to not muddy the waters here.
The point is that people are, and have been, pre-ordering this for the PS3 and PS4 thinking they'd be able to watch using their PS3 and/or PS4 like they have been for the last 2 years.  Now they can't.  Part of that deal is pre-ordering the versions for the PS3 and PS4.  People that have watched the NFL Ticket in the past using the PS3 might think they can do the same through this deal.  They can't.  That's not "muddying the waters", that's just stating a fact.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

So make a new thread.  This thread was about watching NFL Sunday Ticket by buying a copy of Madden 25 Anniversary Edition.  By doing so, you get a code that gives you access to Sunday Ticket via Computers, Tablets and Mobile Devices,  NOT consoles.  NOT the 360 and NOT the PS3 and NOT either next gen system.  At no point where you ever able to use this program with the PS3 or the 360.  Therefore, this has nothing to do with the article I posted.

Is it news worthy?  Sure.  So make a new post.  But I don't go posting news about FFIV in the Tomb Raider thread just because they are both made by Square.  I am not saying don't post it but posting it here looks like buying the PS3 version of the game somhow screws you over.  It does not.  Nothing about the deal has changed.  Your article only releates to buying the Sunday Pass separately.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:36 am

d@mn man, no need to get pissy about it.  All I was trying to do was make information available to the topic at hand.  I'll make sure to be extra cautious when posting in threads you start as not to disturb the force.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 am

I didn't get pissy.  Just stated that this was not the correct place to post this and that your information might mislead people into thinking that the PS3 version of the game (and it's deal) were somehow inferior.

You then defended your position.  At which point I further elaborated my position to be more concise. 

That is usually how conversations go.  Sorry I seemed "pissy"
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:19 pm

I didnt know you couldnt watch on a 360.  So PS3 had a unique ability for a couple years but are now losing it?  Id guess that has to do with EA not wanting to play favorites now that many NFL viewersnwill be getting their access through this deal, but who knows.  I hope you dont view this post a out of place.  I thought the news was interesting, but based on the info in your reply I think the article might be a bit biased and trying to cast a bad light on the PS.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:24 pm

I think it has more to do with the deal Microsoft struck with the NFL.  Sunday Ticket has nothing to do with EA.  I think the NFL stuff may have some exclusivity with MS and XB1 now but I am not sure.  That is only pure speculation.  Kind of like a contract similar to the Olympics.  Used to be on ABC, now it's on NBC.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down