Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue...

+9
Xpert2010
Evol Recovery
S7 DROOPY
S7 Sticky
Atrum
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue... Empty Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue...

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:08 pm

The idea is that ten people in your family group can all share your games. Think of it like a loaning system, but you're not loaning anyone a phyiscal product. If you're in my family group, you can play my games, and vice versa. 

“I think the policy makes sense,” Spencer said. “It’s not ten different people all playing the game concurrently, but when you think about a real usage scenario, and we thought about it around a family, and I know certain people will create a family group of people that aren’t all part of the same family, and I do think that’s an advantage, and people will use that. I saw it on NeoGAF instantly, the Xbox Family creation threads, where people said 'Hey be a part of my family.'

“No birth certificates will need to be sent in!” Spencer said when I asked if the service required a blood test. “I do think that’s an advantage of the ecosystem that we have.”

So that answers one question: Microsoft doesn't seem to care whether or not the ten people in the group are actually family members. They can be friends, roommates, boyfriends, girlfriends, your dog's groomer… you pick ten people, and you share games with them.

Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details, but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue... Empty Re: Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue...

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:13 pm

BUT, BUT, BUT, I thought we all wanted to support the XTV cause it has DRM and we don't want to take money away from the the people who worked hard to create the game!  Sharing is stealing!!!  M$ is hurting the games industry!!!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue... Empty Re: Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue...

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:17 pm

I believe I am the only one who raised that issue.  Do you have any valid arguments?
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:22 pm

I hope that this is true if you can play the game as the same time as a "family member". 
And if it works with digital dls

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:24 pm

Nope, but I am not a biased fanboy.  Sharing with 10 people is freakin sweet!

HOLY CRAP!  A person can actually admit the opposing console has good features???  And the Internet didn't explode.  Crazy!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Wait for it...
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

That's awesome! Can't wait for some more details on it. I'll have to group up with people that buy dramatically different games than I do.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:37 pm

For reference, my above response is what a non-fanboi posts. No crazy comments, ridiculous comparisons, or general complaining. Just a nice comment, and some commentary on hopes for the service.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:22 pm

thats cool now which 10 of you noobs to add to my family Wink
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:26 pm

Just mail me a $15 check every monthe and ill add u to my family group abd ill buy every game and never play my xb1
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Evol Recovery Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:15 pm

Wow if that actually happens that will be sweet. Im glad to be sticking with Xbox now. Smile

Evol Recovery
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PSN.....Evolrevel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Just don't listen to Interceptor.  I think he has lost it. Smile
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:24 pm

Droopy I might be down for that seeing as I will be canceling game fly when the new box comes out. Unless things change

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Yep, don't listen to me, I have lost it....

"Sharing with 10 people is freakin sweet!"

Very Happy
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Only kidding around Interceptor.  I know theres pros and cons of both systems.  They're both not perfect.  Just prefer the Xbox One.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Put one in the plus column for MS's "family sharing" issue... AQbQnj4
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:13 pm

I was wondering how they were doing it exactly. Very cool that it's a shared pool letting one friend at a time play a game of yours.

To compare to Sony's 'full access to games to try them out' this actually seems better. Now I just one of my 10 friends has to pick up those 'unsure' games and I can play it all I need to. Very cool.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 pm

It'll be interesting to see how often we'll be able to change "family" members. If you'll be able to change at will then that would be sweet!  I could see us posting here letting people know a game is available that we won't be playing and letting somebody else play.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Cool but would be better if all could play at the same time

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:43 pm

But that would destroy the business model. Hell, look at us. We'd only need to buy like 2-3 copies of Forza 5 between 30 of us.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:02 pm

That's what I've been trying to say Epic- everyone wants something for themselves, and you have to remember these companies are in business to make money for their shareholders- not to cater to the individual purchaser, while at the same time they must entice them to buy their products and not alienate them. There has to be that balance.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:33 pm

True Matt.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:55 pm

This will be pretty sweet, even if we can't change our family that often because across our clan there's a diverse group so there's a good chance I'll be able to play some games that I might not have bought and vice versa.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:53 pm

@epic only you and one friend can play the same game at the same time. 

Anyone know how often you can rearrange you 10 friends?
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:57 pm

@owl - I know, I was responding to OC who said it would be nice if all 10 could play at once.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next