Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza 5 game case

+4
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
Atrum
S7 OC
8 posters

Go down

Forza 5 game case Empty Forza 5 game case

Post by S7 OC Fri May 24, 2013 10:03 am

This is the one main reason why Zak will buy an Xbox one because he wouldn't want Wiggles to run away with the season titles.

Forza 5 game case 24233

Last edited by S7 OC on Fri May 24, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Forza 5 game case Empty Re: Forza 5 game case

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 10:24 am

It's going to be so pretty. I remember the Forza 4 vs Real Life comparison where F4 looked better... F5 will be even better. Can't wait for e3 to see those changing weather conditions!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 24, 2013 10:34 am

If it ends up basically being a better looking Forza 4 then I'm going to pass. There needs to be major additions to Forza 5. I hope they come through.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 10:36 am

Forza 5 is the best thing going for the XTV right now. If they blow it with a minor expansion they may lose me completely.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 10:46 am

Because Forza has a track record of being such a let-down with each game. Razz
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 24, 2013 10:59 am

AtrumX wrote:Because Forza has a track record of being such a let-down with each game. Razz

The problem, for me at least, is that just making the game look better and adding 1,000 cars doesn't do it for me anymore. I want changes. Day/Night and weather. That's just me though. I know most people will be just fine if it comes out with just better graphics and is essentially the same game. I won't, and I really hope it's not.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 11:05 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Because Forza has a track record of being such a let-down with each game. Razz

The problem, for me at least, is that just making the game look better and adding 1,000 cars doesn't do it for me anymore. I want changes. Day/Night and weather. That's just me though. I know most people will be just fine if it comes out with just better graphics and is essentially the same game. I won't, and I really hope it's not.

I'll still get it either way. However, Day/Night and Weather has been snowballing into a bigger and bigger issue. I remember some mention of it for Forza 3, then Forza 4 had a moderate amount of talk about it, now if you go to Forza Motorsports facebook I bet half of the comments are on it. Hopefully they deliver as there is a LOT of hype and excitement for it.
If Forza doesn't do it and some other game does, it could cause a lot of fallout. Especially if it's a game exclusive to PS4.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri May 24, 2013 11:17 am

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

I'll still get it either way. However, Day/Night and Weather has been snowballing into a bigger and bigger issue. I remember some mention of it for Forza 3, then Forza 4 had a moderate amount of talk about it, now if you go to Forza Motorsports facebook I bet half of the comments are on it. Hopefully they deliver as there is a LOT of hype and excitement for it.
If Forza doesn't do it and some other game does, it could cause a lot of fallout. Especially if it's a game exclusive to PS4.

I'll be more than happy to wait for Project CARS if Forza 5 doesn't deliver. It says Xbox 360 but I can all but gaurantee it will be on the next gen.

OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 am

I've been watching Project Cars for a long time also. I hope it comes to XB1 and is VERY impressive. Forza could use some real competition.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah, cause GT has really gone downhill. And GT6, while a launch title for the PS4 really doesn't look to be in the same league as Forza. I don't know what the hell happened but the GT series is hurting.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 11:43 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Yeah, cause GT has really gone downhill. And GT6, while a launch title for the PS4 really doesn't look to be in the same league as Forza. I don't know what the hell happened but the GT series is hurting.

I think it really goes to show that Turn10 is really putting a crazy amount of work and innovation into the Forza series, and they have a great team working on it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 24, 2013 12:09 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Yeah, cause GT has really gone downhill. And GT6, while a launch title for the PS4 really doesn't look to be in the same league as Forza. I don't know what the hell happened but the GT series is hurting.

I think it really goes to show that Turn10 is really putting a crazy amount of work and innovation into the Forza series, and they have a great team working on it.

No, for some reason GT6 is launching on PS3, not the PS4. Not the best move if you want to sell consoles at launch. I'm sure there will be a PS4 version at some time.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/sony-explains-why-gran-turismo-6-is-launching-on-ps3-not-ps4/

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 12:18 pm

Well, there you go. Even more fail from GT6. Doesn't matter, I wasn't going to buy it either way. Despite the extra time, it is still an unfinished game. They still don't have full interiors for all their cars? Fail.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Eww, IDK why they're doing that. It's like a (much less severe) Duke Nukem. Take too long developing and you end up behind the times.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Fri May 24, 2013 5:15 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
...... me anymore. I want changes. Day/Night and weather. That's just me though........

So I've played GT5. I played it quite a bit when it launched. I was sorely let down to discover just how many cars were ported from GT4 and left with no interior and very craptastic poly count for the PS3. PD also dropped the proverbial ball when they failed to accurately capture vehicle and engine and exhaust sounds. The killed kittens by not allowing engine swaps and only having the SAME F&#!NG WHEELS THEY"VE BEEN USING SINCE GT2.... But hey, they added go-karts, day/night cycle racing, weather and a "track editor". From experience, if you screw with the cars or get lazy with the cars just so you can deliver "new and innovative" (insert business suit asshat tone) features, the game is going to suffer. And subsequently your sales numbers.

My point in this mini rant is that a developer should spend the time learning how to create eye candy with the new hardware. I'd gladly accept the 'sell/patch/add/dlc' approach for innovation after the games launch.

Don't screw with the cars.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri May 24, 2013 5:26 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:

Y U no want an annual Madden style upgrade for Forza 5?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 5:32 pm

Apex makes a good point. If they're going to add Day/Night/Weather... it better be implemented well. I'm sure it would take HUGE improvements to a lot of the physics in the game to make driving on water at all realistic.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 24, 2013 5:41 pm

Well, Day/Night is something that should have been added with Forza 4 realistically. Also, since it was in Forza Horizons I am almost 100% positive it will be in Forza 5. Weather? I hope so but I will not get my hopes up too high.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri May 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Day/Night should definitely be in. Weather would be amazing though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lickwid Apex Sat May 25, 2013 12:13 pm

I have a love/hate relationship with video game racing weather. Night racing though, is over rated.
Lickwid Apex
Lickwid Apex
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Lickwid Apex

http://barbosasworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sat May 25, 2013 12:22 pm

AtrumX wrote:Apex makes a good point. If they're going to add Day/Night/Weather... it better be implemented well. I'm sure it would take HUGE improvements to a lot of the physics in the game to make driving on water at all realistic.

Depends on how it's implemented.

Basic weather would be as simple as altering traction for the surface type/tyre model and adding the relevant visual fx.

Adv. weather would have things such as rain collecting in certain places, streaming downhill, etc. Plus a drying racing line and stuff like that. That said, you could probably pre-build a lot of that into the track, so...yeah. Not too hard.

In summary, if it's in there, I expect that it'll have been done well. I don't think it'll be a 'rushed' game, F5 is the reason we got a Forza Horizon instead of a 360 F5.

Bad times for PS4 racers though, Polyphony are taking a giant dump on them with GT6, lol.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down