Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny

5 posters

Go down

Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny Empty Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm

cant wait for this i hope it is win!

Bungie has been tight-lipped about its new mysterious game Destiny for quite some time, leaving a lot to the imagination concerning game mechanics and other features.

Destiny--originally known as project "Tiger"--marks Bungie's first title since it sold the Halo franchise and signed a ten year contract with Activision, and has since garnered a fairly high amount of anticipation, as gamers worldwide are curious to see the fruits of Bungie's labor.

In a recent news post Bungie hints that Destiny will finally get its fair share of time in the limelight:

"In a matter of days, we're going to give you your first glimpse into the vision and ambition that's driving the creation of our brave new world. To make room for the resulting chatter, we've launched some official social media channels.

There’s a new Destiny page to like on Facebook, a new Destiny feed to follow on Twitter, and a new Destiny page on Google+.

And, of course, we've opened a new Destiny forum here on Bungie.net where you can discuss upcoming news."

Bungie is famous for its unconventional game reveals, and as they put it, gamers who are subscribed to all of the pertinent social media networks focused on Destiny are ready for anything. What we know about Destiny so far hints that it may be a multi-platform next-gen release with a sci-fi story arc focused around a mysterious alien ship and a group of "knights" who stand sentinel as the last defense of humanity.

A report has also surfaced a few months back via IGN that says Destiny will be "fun and accessible", and that it would feature a "deep, tangible and relatable" world comparable to the Star Wars universe.

Further details concerning Destiny are planned to release in the next few days, and it is believed that an official reveal may be made on Feb. 17, 2013.

Read more: http://vr-zone.com/articles/bungie-hints-at-news-reveal-for-destiny/18956.html#ixzz2Ko7zg1dq
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny Empty Re: Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 pm

Um, this sounds pretty sweet. I'll have to keep an eye out for more info.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny Empty Re: Bungie hints at news reveal for Destiny

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Considering they are tied to Activision now I would imagine that it will be all about the money, so I would think maybe something similar to Halo knowing that's a guaranteed cash cow.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

i think the first game even if its crap ALOT of people are going to buy just because bungie

but there going to have to walk a fine line about how close to halo they get as MS owns halo which turned out ok i like halo 4
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:15 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Considering they are tied to Activision now I would imagine that it will be all about the money.

At least it's not EA. I'm curious to see what Bungie comes up with this time, but from what I'm reading, it doesn't seem like it will be that much different from Halo. I like Halo, but I don't want to see Bungie make another game which mimics Halo.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:25 pm

New vid and more info here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/17/bungie-reveals-destiny-an-always-on-persistent-world-adventu/

After nearly two years of rumors and leaks, the Halo franchise architects at Bungie have finally lifted the veil on their next project: Destiny.

Part of a 10-year publishing deal with Activision, Destiny is a persistent-world console shooter where players create and customize their identities and gear in order to venture across a future vision of our own solar system on quests to gather loot and defeat evil.

"If you fail, the last light of civilization will go out," a teaser trailer featuring concept art at the reveal event promised. The world of Destiny doesn't rely on a single hero for salvation, but a community of Guardians, all exploring the galaxy in an effort to save the system and craft their unique legends.

Bungie has made significant investments in the game's multiplayer component to emphasize cooperative play. Single-player purists will be able to quest as a Guardian throughout the galaxy; however, in order to "realize the vision of the game," Destiny will require a constant internet connection on all platforms regardless of play style.

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg says that maintaining the vision of Bungie's shooter is key to the always-on requirement, adding "that's the only reason for that restriction." As for player investment to enter the world of Destiny, Hirshberg says that there are "absolutely no plans to charge a subscription fee."

As players explore the world of Destiny, Bungie's network code will constantly work to match players within proximity of each other when they enter public areas (such as quest areas, towns and more). While the concept sounds like an MMO, Bungie says players shouldn't expect to see town squares littered with hundreds of players. "[The] amount of players you see is design controlled," Bungie COO Pete Parsons said, adding it's "not about stuffing as many people in there as possible."

Bungie teased how it will bring the new franchise to multiple devices, showcasing a planned mobile app that would give players statistical information, background on their adventures and notifications of in-world events and invites.

Activision and Bungie have officially announced Destiny for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. With Activision's 2013 guidance ignoring any possible profit from a Bungie release, it's likely that Destiny won't be ready to be unleashed until after the next generation of consoles hit store shelves.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down