Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No MLB2K this year

5 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

What would you do?

No MLB2K this year I_vote_lcap50%No MLB2K this year I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
No MLB2K this year I_vote_lcap17%No MLB2K this year I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
No MLB2K this year I_vote_lcap33%No MLB2K this year I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
No MLB2K this year I_vote_lcap0%No MLB2K this year I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

No MLB2K this year Empty No MLB2K this year

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:48 am

Many of you don't know, and most don't care but for the first time in a very long time there will NOT be an MLB game for Xbox this year. The contract with 2K has expired and the President of 2K said it was a money losing proposition for the last few years. So, the ONLY baseball game in town will be PS3 The Show. I loved MLB2K and bought a copy every year. Infact as many know I'd start the talks early in anticipation for the demo and game release.

Here's the problem. Since Xbox has completely screwed us this coming April I'll be forced to either play the old version I have or *small tears* purchase a Playstation for just this one game. I know many of you have a PS3 and would think it's a small thing, but I really think MLB The Show is not real baseball and a bit too childish and arcade-like. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are stunning but it takes more than a beautiful field to make a good baseball game. The player movements and atrributes have to be on point. The pitchers can't just throw the ball, but pitch to specific locations of my choice and with accuracy. The batter can't just swing at everything and get hits. The behind the glitz and glamour portion of the game leaves a real baseball fan feeling like he just played the arcade game stickball...it's sad.

BTW to anyone who goes with the last choice, I hope you get unceremoniously circumsized by a bull in East LA on a wet summer night Evil or Very Mad .
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

No MLB2K this year Empty Re: No MLB2K this year

Post by S7 OC Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 am

This sucks. I was looking forward to a new MLB season and players on the Red Sox

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am

I voted #1 Klown. We differ in our opinions about the 2K series vs The Show. I too, was an avid 2K series in the past; however, for many years the game has taken a dive. As a result, I simply stop purchasing it. Since I already owned a PS3, I switched to the Show last year and I'm glad I did.

I don't think the game play is arcade like. The player movements feel great and the pitch mechanics allow you to be as 'in control' of the location and velocity as you want. Go w/ the PS3 Klown and join me, maybe we can get some games in.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:31 am

Yeah, been watching the MLB Winter Meetings on MLB network every night. Looks like the Sox will be doing well. The Yankees are still trying to get from under this huge cloud of money already allocated to players like A-Rod before we can do any real signing. Lost our catcher to the Freakin' Pirates. UNREAL!!

Big things happening around the league now. Lots of moves and signings everyday. The baseball classic comes back this year also so there'll be that to watch before opening day March 31. Really wish I had an xbox baseball game to go along with the new rosters and changes.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:32 am

S7 Pharaoh wrote:I voted #1 Klown. We differ in our opinions about the 2K series vs The Show. I too, was an avid 2K series in the past; however, for many years the game has taken a dive. As a result, I simply stop purchasing it. Since I already owned a PS3, I switched to the Show last year and I'm glad I did.

I don't think the game play is arcade like. The player movements feel great and the pitch mechanics allow you to be as 'in control' of the location and velocity as you want. Go w/ the PS3 Klown and join me, maybe we can get some games in.
Thanks, I will strongly consider this opinion sir!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:41 am

You know what would be a real stand up move by 2k is if they kept releasing roster updates for the last game they released

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:52 am

Agreed, but they won't.
And to pour salt in the wound I find this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tech/tag/_/name/mlb-13-the-show

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Those new Astros uniforms look real nice. I wish I had money to buy a ps3 and the show. That's the only baseball option. Surprised ea didn't jump back in on this. With an open market to the Xbox.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah, even refurbished is about 200 bones ($).
I have a nephew--my wife's sister's son with one. Maybe I'll just buy the $60 game and hit him up to borrow his. He's on punishment from games 90% of the time anyway...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:43 pm

I think I read about baseball once upon a time, but that was back when books were made of paper and gas was 85 cents per gallon. I think it is still the national sport of some third world countries.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:10 pm

A lot of times you can buy a mem card and find someone to get updated rosters from online or get them and the mem card from the same person. Either way it would be nice to have updated rosters.

I've been a 2k fan since EA f*cked things up with the Madden deal
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:33 am

ok, just responding to this old post for finality.
I did infact go out and purchase the PS3 since I was in the store and they had a "5 game bundle" deal going. I remembered this thread and specifically that most thought I should. I played God of War but not much else so far. Just sort of holding it until "The Show 2013" is released.

Thanks for the opinions and direction. If I hate The Show I'm going looking for Pharaoh.

You can't hide, I am the King of Tallahassee and the Prince of Miami K1ll3rKlown .

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down