Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing spider man

+2
DeadSockPuppet
S7 OC
6 posters

Go down

Amazing spider man  Empty Amazing spider man

Post by S7 OC Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 am

I just watched the movie today and have some questions for those of you who read the comics and know the story. I did not read the comics back in the day and only know the story from the movies.
Which movie is more acurate to the comics the most recent one or the 02 one with Tobey Maguire?

They have similarities but are very different with the lizard and the green goblin.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Amazing spider man  Empty Re: Amazing spider man

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Haven't seen the new one, nor did I read the comics but I heard this one is closer to he comics and that's why Parker has a different log interest because this one was supposed to be before MJ.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:56 pm

I don't think this is closer to the Comics. Then again, there are different comics with different storylines. The whole part about Peters family and all of that which underlines this movie and its potential sequels are new to me.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:36 pm

I haven't seen the new one, but I know the Lizard shows up in the comics well before Green Goblin. Both are common enemies of Spidey often appearing in video games. the Tobey McGuire movies were a very family friendly series with Parker being a loveable goofy dork. The new series is supposed to show Parker as more of a brooding nerd that is not nearly a socially inept as the previous incarnation. Nice to see Gwen Stacy as the love interest - she is much cooler and sexier than MJ, and Spidey keeps his cool around her more. I was surprised they rebooted so soon but it seems they are really bringing a different take to it. I would guess the reboot is more authentic.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:10 pm

I don't want to spoil the new movie for those who haven't seen it, but this Spiderman has more to his backstory than just being bit by a radioactive spider. That's the take I don't think is true to the original.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Either way the new spider man is infinitely better as a movie.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:07 pm

The difference between Amazing and Regular Spider man is the story and how its connected to the comics. The amazing SM fallows the comics closely and takes the view of Peter Parker when he is in college and even before he meets Mary Jane because Gwen Stacy ( played by Emma Stone ) was Peter Parker's original/first girlfriend. The next big villain for the amazing spider man to face should be Venom, if its fallowing the comics. If anyone feels like correcting me I might not be 100% correct I just did some digging after I saw the movie in theaters so I thought I might have the right answers. Also if you didn't know spider man has 31 alliterative versions, like spider girl, universal spider man ,etc..
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down