Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And they will not make a Halo movie why?

+9
S7 DROOPY
Xpert2010
S7 Coolhand
S7 Epic
S7 K1ll3rKlown
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Sticky
Atrum
S7 mrmiller
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And they will not make a Halo movie why? Empty And they will not make a Halo movie why?

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 am

Every year we get a cool live action Halo trailer, and it just illustrates how cool a Halo movie could really be. Check it out below-

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

And they will not make a Halo movie why? Empty Re: And they will not make a Halo movie why?

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 am

There's the 90 minute video that comes with the Limited Edition. I imagine that will be the closest thing to a Halo movie we'll see anytime soon. :/
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

And they will not make a Halo movie why? Empty Re: And they will not make a Halo movie why?

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:20 am

there saying the halo movie for the day (if it comes ) that halo is not doing so well ....

and like atrum said the limited has a 90 min and is really the only reason i am getting it this time , other then that movie there is really nothing in the limited that was like o i have to have that
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 am

S7 Sticky wrote:there saying the halo movie for the day (if it comes ) that halo is not doing so well ....

and like atrum said the limited has a 90 min and is really the only reason i am getting it this time , other then that movie there is really nothing in the limited that was like o i have to have that

I like the cases. With a baby more durable = better lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 am

In the grand scheme of things I don't think there would be a big enough audience to put out a full fledged feature length movie. Also, I can't even imagine what the budget would have to be for a project like that.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 am

Thought you weren't really that into Halo Miller. Granted, you're a movie buff and sci-fi freak like I am, so I suppose you'd watch. But I guess maybe you're only burned out on the game and not the idea of Master Chief being a badass?
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 am

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:In the grand scheme of things I don't think there would be a big enough audience to put out a full fledged feature length movie. Also, I can't even imagine what the budget would have to be for a project like that.

Doom made a decent movie. Didn't do spectacular but now that Super Hero movies are all the craze a Master Chief movie that really focused on him being a super-powered giant soldier would have a big audience.
They just need to have him make a cameo in the next Avengers.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Oh no, I have always been a big Halo fan. I wasn’t particularly a fan of the multiplayer in 3 or Reach, but have always liked the series- so yea, got a little burned out on what I considered an older style of play. I played a ton of Halo 1 on Xbox connect and loved Halo 2 as well. I did have a problem with the story of 3 where the guilty spark was “end boss” character, but other than that I liked them all and think it would make a great movie.

Saying no one would see it is like saying only comic book fans are going to go see Spiderman or Xmen. It would be huge just like comic book movies are now- if done correctly. Hell, the Resident Evil movies are doing just fine and those are simple guilty pleasure movies.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 pm

even done half ass this movie would make a sh1t load more then most movies out there
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:36 pm

I think we're more likely to see a CoD movie first. That'd actually be decent though, we could just go to the premiers, round up all the douchebags and then put them on an island somewhere.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:41 pm

AtrumX wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:In the grand scheme of things I don't think there would be a big enough audience to put out a full fledged feature length movie. Also, I can't even imagine what the budget would have to be for a project like that.

Doom made a decent movie. Didn't do spectacular but now that Super Hero movies are all the craze a Master Chief movie that really focused on him being a super-powered giant soldier would have a big audience.
They just need to have him make a cameo in the next Avengers.
Doom... starring The Rock... wonder why that bombed? Besides The Rock being a b-lister at best the plot realy sucked balls. Also when I played doom there were tons and tons of stuff to kill - in the movie they only run into a limited number of baddies. It could have been way better.

Avengers was epic and I can't wait for part 2. I disagree with a Master Chief cameo though - that would be way out of place.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:59 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:

Avengers was epic and I can't wait for part 2. I disagree with a Master Chief cameo though - that would be way out of place.

and thus we arrive at the joke.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 pm

S7 Epic wrote:I think we're more likely to see a CoD movie first. That'd actually be decent though, we could just go to the premiers, round up all the douchebags and then put them on an island somewhere.

They could just take the shortcut and rename "Saving Private Ryan" and call it "Call of Duty" or something like that. lol

Although I think a Halo movie would be awesome, if you look at the history of movies based off videogames... it doesn't look good, so I doubt that a Halo movie would attract a big audience and be succussful like comic book hero movies have.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:45 pm

What was the comic book history before Spiderman and Xmen? You had a couple of Superman and Batman movies make it, but all the other we crap. Actually, Some consider Blade the turning point in Comic book movies (as the blogger below points out). I personally think Video Game adaptations are the next thing. They have a built in fan base that will go see them instantly, and if they are done correctly can pull in a ton more viewers.

And to say video game movie history doesn't look good:

From Huffington Post

Paul W.S. Anderson's "Resident Evil: Retribution" opened in first place at the box office over the weekend, raking in $21 million in ticket sales. That news might come as a surprise to those who haven't been keeping up with the "Resident Evil" franchise.

"Retribution" -- which, like "Resident Evil: Afterlife" was released in 3D -- is the fourth straight "Resident Evil" film to finish in first place at the box office during its opening frame. Since the release of "Resident Evil" in March of 2002, all five films in the franchise have grown internationally: $62 million, $78 million, $97 million, $236 million. "Retribution" opened in 50 territories overseas and grossed an estimated $50 million, more than "Resident Evil: Afterlife" earned during its first salvo. That puts the fifth film in this franchise on course to top $236 million internationally. All told, the "Resident Evil" films have earned almost $1 billion in worldwide box office.

I like this bloggers take too-

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59174

he might be right, Uwe Boll may have killed the genre before it got started- LOL.

I'm sure the Hunger Games and the first Harry Potter had their followers from the books, but they didn't make that kind of money only from those who have read the novels originally. Not to mention how many people have seen the Avengers and never read even one of the characters comics?

A good game with a good story gives the director/writer something to start with and create their version for the masses. I for one think Halo done right would be amazing!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm

you guys are crazy, a halo movie would be crazy good and be a huge success, the story of halo is way better then most video games, look at district 9 the guy that made it was at one time gonna direct the halo movie after peter jackons bailed, he made the movie on a reall low budget and it did pretty good and its pretty much a video game storyline, I mean transformers is based on 80 toys the same people that go and watch it are the people that would go watch halo. and now with transformer 4 which is a total reboot of the series coming out in 2014 and 5 in 2015. Oh and Im pretty sure that 90 min movie you guys are getting is just all the webisodes that will be are coming out on xbl on one disc. oh and look a the sales of halo reach over 300 million games sold the first month = fanbase
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:10 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:oh and look a the sales of halo reach over 300 million games sold the first month = fanbase

Where in the world are you getting that number?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 DROOPY wrote:oh and look a the sales of halo reach over 300 million games sold the first month = fanbase

Where in the world are you getting that number?

I would guess there are 2 extra 0's on that. Which would still be massive sales
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 pm

Whoops 3 mill games $200 mill first day, but still.Wikipedia quote -Halo: Reach grossed US$200 million on its launch day, setting a new record for the franchise. The game sold well in most territories, moving more than three million units its first month in North America. Critical reception was positive; reviewers from publications such as IGN, GamePro, and Official Xbox Magazine called it the best Halo title yet. Critics generally praised the game's graphics and sound, but the plot and characters were less positively received. Reach was Bungie's final Halo game; future games were overseen by the Microsoft subsidiary 343 Industries.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_Reach

S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Abominatus Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:04 pm

1. Main character has no face. Wears a mask 100% of the time. Name a major movie success where you never see the face of the main character that made any money.

2. The flood is epic fail. Main reason i never bought into this entire series. The opponents have to be threatening or interesting or be something I enjoy looking at while I shoot 100x times. The Graphics in every game are SO LAME. Big pink shooty guys and little irritating purple shooty guys. Never a deviation, same enemy over and over and over. I can imagine the plotline goes a little something like this:

TITAN AE meets STARSHIP TROOPERS: Marauder meets STARGATE SG1
fail made for tv comicon audience

But I have suggestions for how to make it better.

Lucasfilm Presents:

A John Woo Film.

starring

Angelina Jolie
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Antonio Banderas
Bruce Lee
Bruce Willis
Charles Bronson
Chow Yun-fat
Christian Bale
Chuck Norris
Clint Eastwood
Clive Owen
Cynthia Rothrock
Daniel Craig
Donnie Yen
Jackie Chan
Harrison Ford
Hugh Jackman
Rutger Hauer
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Jean Reno
Jason Statham
Jessica Alba
Jessica Biel
Jet Li
John Wayne
Kane Kosugi
Keanu Reeves
Kurt Russell
Lee Marvin
Lucy Liu
Mel Gibson
Michelle Yeoh
Milla Jovovich
Sean Connery
Sigourney Weaver
Sonny Chiba
Steve McQueen
Steven Seagal
Sylvester Stallone
The Rock
Tom Cruise
Vin Diesel
Wesley Snipes
Will Smith
Zhang Ziyi

Everyone dies one at a time scene by scene. Everyone. Elaborately.

Enter Ron Perlman as Master Chief. Add Flood opposition rinse and repeat.
He fails to save the universe, it explodes halos are gone its horrible. People are upset. Roll Credits.

Credits Roll.

After credits scene: Master Chief wakes up, and it was all a dream. Thank God everyone is ok.
Proximity alarm goes off, incoming flood ships explosions in hallway fade to black.
Redeemable coupon on back of movie stub for FREE Halo DLC.

Abominatus
Abominatus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 pm

Abominatus wrote:1. Main character has no face. Wears a mask 100% of the time. Name a major movie success where you never see the face of the main character that made any money.

2. The flood is epic fail. Main reason i never bought into this entire series. The opponents have to be threatening or interesting or be something I enjoy looking at while I shoot 100x times. The Graphics in every game are SO LAME. Big pink shooty guys and little irritating purple shooty guys. Never a deviation, same enemy over and over and over. I can imagine the plotline goes a little something like this:

Yes, use your anger! Let it guide you.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:44 pm

1. Main character has no face. Wears a mask 100% of the time. Name a major movie success where you never see the face of the main character that made any money.
-Darth Vader

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:24 pm

Vader was the villian, and you see his face at the end.

I'd expect to hear about the Halo movie as soon as he shows his face in one of the games.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Still the main character. Yeah you say his face after 2 huge movies.

Michael Meyers?

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:11 pm

1- Why can't they show his face? You do realize he is just a genetically augmented human in spartan armor. I see no reason why putting Joe Manganiello in spartan armor and showing his face would hurt the series or the show.

2- Name a show where the main character never showed their face that was a flop.

Oh, and V for Vendetta. Argument refuted.
As a side, not THE main character but who doesn't love Snake Eyes from GI Joe?
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 am

S7 Dovahkiin wrote:Vader was the villian, and you see his face at the end.

But that didn't deter people from enjoying the first two movies... And besides, his face was ugly as sh1t lol

EDIT: Also, after watching the first three episodes of Forward Unto Dawn. It shows that live-action Halo can be done very well.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next