Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign

+6
S7 OC
Xpert2010
DeadSockPuppet
S7 wonky
Atrum
S7 Sticky
10 posters

Go down

Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign Empty Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:58 pm

this is a good video that shows alot of new things in halo
cant wait for the spartan ops series that looks sick

that and when playing ctf you can hold the flag in one hand and pistol in another winning

this game is going to be epic i think it will be the best halo game since halo 2
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign Empty Re: Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:37 am

!!!
I'm already mega excited. Can't wait!
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign Empty Re: Making Halo 4 - Infinity Multiplayer, Spartan Ops, and Campaign

Post by S7 wonky Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:28 am

yeah just watched it on the dash this will be a buy with out a question
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:24 am

Finally someone realized that it doesn't take two hands to hold a flipping flag!
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah, I watched this. Halo 4 is looking like it will be the best Halo yet. I'm glad that Halo games have been able to implement new, fun, and interesting features over its releases.... unlike...
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:58 am

Xpert2010 wrote:Yeah, I watched this. Halo 4 is looking like it will be the best Halo yet. I'm glad that Halo games have been able to implement new, fun, and interesting features over its releases.... unlike...

Lol!

Hey, to be fair some games are finally getting theater mode for every game type. It took the Halo series 3 games to get that all the way in... Laughing
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:15 am

d@mn, I just realized that I'll need to cancel my current pre-order, and pre-order the game in Iowa. Start work in Iowa on the 5th... and Halo releases on the 6th... such bad timing. lol
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:28 pm

Wow I have the game preordered and figured I would play the campaign and give the MP a go at it. But was never really excited for the game. After watching this video i am excited to see hat they have made a bunch of really cool upgrades and over all cool things have been added. I love the whole thought of earning ponts for doing things other than just gerting kills. I thing Dominion looks awsome almost like an fps crossed with an rts in a way that the better you do the more you can upgrade your base with better shields and turrets....
Spartan Ops looks like it is going to be a great thing to turn to every week or month (what ever it was) So much that they have added into this game to take it to the next level. Way above just adding jet packs and bubble shield and sillly stuff like that this is a real step up a whole new game but still in the same Halo in the Same universe. Josh you must have jizzed your self after watching that.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pharaoh Amun Ra Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

S7 OC wrote: Josh you must have jizzed your self after watching that.
^ Laughing

Seriously though, I'm very excited for Halo 4. There are a few folks in my office that play too. Apparently, they're pretty good Suspect ...we'll see.
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Pharaoh Amun Ra
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : Halo 4 3rd in command
GamerTag : Pharaoh Amun Ra

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:40 pm

S7 OC wrote:Wow I have the game preordered and figured I would play the campaign and give the MP a go at it. But was never really excited for the game. After watching this video i am excited to see hat they have made a bunch of really cool upgrades and over all cool things have been added. I love the whole thought of earning ponts for doing things other than just gerting kills. I thing Dominion looks awsome almost like an fps crossed with an rts in a way that the better you do the more you can upgrade your base with better shields and turrets....
Spartan Ops looks like it is going to be a great thing to turn to every week or month (what ever it was) So much that they have added into this game to take it to the next level. Way above just adding jet packs and bubble shield and sillly stuff like that this is a real step up a whole new game but still in the same Halo in the Same universe. Josh you must have jizzed your self after watching that.

Apparently adding Nazi Zombies to a game isn't silly... Razz ANYWAY, yeah, I'm really looking forward to the muliplayer for this. I like how they're making the multiplayer a story in itself instead of 'the usual' multiplayer. Also upgrading forts, better map creation, and scored not being kill-based are a big plus. I've been trying to NOT look up anything about Halo 4 because I'm trying to surprise myself, but it's becoming a little hard to resist now. I'm just wondering how they'll be able to top everything in Halo 5... maybe player vs player vs flood? .... nah
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:44 pm

S7 Pharaoh wrote:
^ Laughing

Seriously though, I'm very excited for Halo 4. There are a few folks in my office that play too. Apparently, they're pretty good Suspect ...we'll see.

Halo Community Summary:
-Player plays with group of local or XBL friends
-Player realizes they are one of the 2 or 3 best players in their little group
-Player decides they are the omnipotent Halo God, capable of slaying any in their path
-Player Group interacts with Players from a different group
-Clash of the Halo Gods! No matter who wins both deny the others skill and claim superiority
-Player encounters actual top tier players and can't explain the skill gap.
At this point the tree branches
1 - Player blames game deficiencies. Loops back to earlier steps and endlessly stays the same skill.
2 - Player blames themselves and looks for ways to improve.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 pm

S7 Pharaoh wrote:
^ Laughing

i wont lie i almost did this game is going to be win i hate that it is no longer bungie
but since 343 has alot of older bungie workers and after seeing al that comes out and the fact that all this extra stuff is going to be free

i cant help myself lol fanboy for life
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Looks badass I can't wait!
Let's see
Custom LOADOUTS
Earn points to unlock guns and gun accessories
Earn points to unlock character perks
Earn points for doing team tasks
Earn points in game to spend on special weapons and power ups in in one word killstreak

Huh .....I wonder where they got the idea that the above would make the halo multiplayer better......
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Looks badass I can't wait!
Let's see
Custom LOADOUTS
Earn points to unlock guns and gun accessories
Earn points to unlock character perks
Earn points for doing team tasks
Earn points in game to spend on special weapons and power ups in in one word killstreak

Huh .....I wonder where they got the idea that the above would make the halo multiplayer better......
Exactly - both series have borrowed and learned from each other - fanboys of each need to take a step back and see that. I'm look forward to both Halo 4 and Blops 2.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:29 pm

[quote="S7 Coolhand"]
S7 DROOPY wrote:
Exactly - both series have borrowed and learned from each other - fanboys of each need to take a step back and see that. I'm look forward to both Halo 4 and Blops 2.
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 pm

If it has a BR you can call me a fanboy any day.
Though I do like me some CoD. I'm just an anti-treyarch person. It's rather annoying as their past few games have actually been good (well, had zombies anyway lol)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 am

Every game gets ideas that others already posses and those ideas are innovated to match the game. I'd say that the gamestyle where you play coop against waves of enemies was mostly popularized by Gears of War, and now games like Halo and Call of Duty saw that potential and made their own versions of that gametype (no matter what the name is... I still call it Horde Mode lol). I've yet to play this mode on Halo because I never got to play ODST or Reach, but I'm sure it's fun.

Custom loadouts were more popularized by Call of Duty and Battlefield, and it will probably work out in Halo to make the fights a little more even instead of whoever rushes to the 'power weapons' first.

And I'd say that Halo 2 defined how multiplayer lobbies should work: it was so simple to form groups with friends and join the game of your choosing, nothing confusing about it whereas MANY other games of that time had HORRIBLE lobbies. And I see games today which basically have the same layout.

As long as Halo knows not to have a yearly release, and have more time to develop a multitude of features that are new and/or innovative compared to it's prior releases, then I'll remain as a Halo fanboy.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:00 am

"I'd say that the gamestyle where you play coop against waves of enemies was mostly popularized by Gears of War, and now games like Halo and Call of Duty saw that potential and made their own versions of that gametype (no matter what the name is... I still call it Horde Mode lol)."

It was in games like Graw 1 and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 before Gears

"Custom loadouts were more popularized by Call of Duty and Battlefield, "

But so far done best in Ghost recon.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:28 am

S7 OC wrote: "I'd say that the gamestyle where you play coop against waves of enemies was mostly popularized by Gears of War, and now games like Halo and Call of Duty saw that potential and made their own versions of that gametype (no matter what the name is... I still call it Horde Mode lol)."

It was in games like Graw 1 and Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 before Gears

"Custom loadouts were more popularized by Call of Duty and Battlefield, "

But so far done best in Ghost recon.

I didn't say Gears invented it, just popularized it. Plus those Ubisoft games only had a set amount of enemies on the map, there were no waves that got progressively difficult. And I agree, Ghost Recon did a great job with custom loadouts.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:28 am

True on gears forgot about that plus they added different types of baddies as the waves got tougher.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:56 am

Xpert2010 wrote:
and it will probably work out in Halo to make the fights a little more even instead of whoever rushes to the 'power weapons' first.

Doubt it. Arena type FPS are defined by their map balance. That's why halo is competitive, power weapons. It just wouldn't be halo if someone with ridiculous skills couldn't grab a sniper and just destroy an entire team for 30 seconds securing a flag cap.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:10 am

AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:
and it will probably work out in Halo to make the fights a little more even instead of whoever rushes to the 'power weapons' first.

Doubt it. Arena type FPS are defined by their map balance. That's why halo is competitive, power weapons. It just wouldn't be halo if someone with ridiculous skills couldn't grab a sniper and just destroy an entire team for 30 seconds securing a flag cap.

aahhhh yes, I always ended up being the person in the scope of the sniper. And then there's the joy of finally killing the sniper after crouch walking for about a minute to remain undetected by the sniper and his allies. And you're like "b1tch, finally got you! My Sniper now!" *pow pow pow* TRIPLE KILL!!! out of ammo *sad face*

I think I'm going to miss the days of scouring the map for weapons. Like in highground (Halo 3), people would rush for the Spartan Laser. So I'd just leave it there as bait, be crouched in a corner, and assassinate them. Then they'd catch on and look in that corner right away, but I'd be somewhere else and still assassinate them. That's going to be a bit more difficult if power weapons only appear as bonus drops whenever a player gets a certain number of medals/points or whatever it is.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:00 pm

Yeah, I imagine they'll still have a range of gametypes with the drops off. Even with them on it on that doesnt mean there won't be weapon spawns around the map. It'd be pretty awesome having the other team controlling sniper and finally getting enough kills to have one drop on you and snipe them out of nowhere.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm guessing there will be a "Classic" mode for the Halo fanboys so they can play the same MP they always liked and so kids can camp super weapons and pick the noobs off as they try to lemming their way to them.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down