Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forza horizon demo comes out today

+2
Reza WRX
S7 OC
6 posters

Go down

Forza horizon demo comes out today  Empty Forza horizon demo comes out today

Post by S7 OC Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 am

I plan to game fly it but I will check out the demo.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Forza horizon demo comes out today  Empty Re: Forza horizon demo comes out today

Post by Reza WRX Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 am

Judging by the few trailers and pieces of gameplay I have seen so far, it looks very similar to Need for Speed The Run. Obviously NFS is more arcade inspired, but I'm really looking forward to free-driving on highways, especially with traffic and stuff. I'll have to give this demo a try for sure.
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

Forza horizon demo comes out today  Empty Re: Forza horizon demo comes out today

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:36 am

I am with OC on this. I plan on GFing it but a demo will be nice to check out.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:32 pm

I'm glad there's a demo. Definitely want a chance to play it beforehand.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:48 pm

will check it out.
Will probably get this as well. I have the others, just rarely play MP with the gang Embarassed sorry!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 pm

Highly doubt this one will be a buy. Too many other games too worry about that I'm more interested in. Not intersted in buying, but am intersted in how much it will differ from Forza 4.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:01 am

played it. felt like Need for speed.
Cool concept I think, not exactly FORZA racing, but more of an arcade take.
I like it to a certain degree, a strong maybe!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 am

Played it. Not for me. Removed it from GF Q.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:34 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Played it. Not for me. Removed it from GF Q.
LOL, too much like need for speed right?

I feel like I LIKE it, but it's something my nephew would play. Not as serious as Forza.
Hope they didn't just tarnish the image.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:47 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:Played it. Not for me. Removed it from GF Q.
LOL, too much like need for speed right?

I feel like I LIKE it, but it's something my nephew would play. Not as serious as Forza.
Hope they didn't just tarnish the image.

Yes. Too arcady which is what I was afraid of. I have had my doubts all along but that is what I had it on GF and not preordered. The demo just saved me the time of getting it and sending it back. Not a bad game at all, just not what I look for. I am a sim racer and that is all I really enjoy. This felt too sluggish and the cars were too planted. Damage model was almost non-existent and there was no penalty to hitting everything in your way. Great for arcade racer, not for me.

Not worried about tarnishing the name. This is not Forza 5. Forza 5 will be amazing.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:58 am

S7 Interseptor wrote: and there was no penalty to hitting everything in your way.
Sounds like my kind of racing game Razz. But seriously, I enjoy the sim racing style more... even though I do get into some pretty bad crashes on 'clean' races (all accidental btw).

My only problem with Forza 4 is that everything is too easily given to you. Get level 4 for a certain car brand and all of a sudden all parts are 100% off? I wish that there was more satisfaction in building up a car by buying all the expensive parts and what not instead of it just being handed out. Same with leveling up your driver level when you get to pick a bajillion dollar car for free. Too many handouts.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:55 am

Xpert2010 wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote: and there was no penalty to hitting everything in your way.
Sounds like my kind of racing game Razz. But seriously, I enjoy the sim racing style more... even though I do get into some pretty bad crashes on 'clean' races (all accidental btw).

My only problem with Forza 4 is that everything is too easily given to you. Get level 4 for a certain car brand and all of a sudden all parts are 100% off? I wish that there was more satisfaction in building up a car by buying all the expensive parts and what not instead of it just being handed out. Same with leveling up your driver level when you get to pick a bajillion dollar car for free. Too many handouts.

Go for 100% gamerscore and come back. Shocked
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:05 pm

AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:

pssh, who needs gamerscore. I'm just saying that for a racing sim, which is supposed to be somewhat realistic, that part of the game isn't very realistic at all. It would be better if it was something like: If you win this race (typically a longer race), then you can get this car or these car parts. I'm just not too fond of the freebies in Forza because it makes it too easy to get great cars and then you can upgrade them for free after two to three races. No sense of achievement (not the Xbox achievements).
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:
AtrumX wrote:
Xpert2010 wrote:

pssh, who needs gamerscore. I'm just saying that for a racing sim, which is supposed to be somewhat realistic, that part of the game isn't very realistic at all. It would be better if it was something like: If you win this race (typically a longer race), then you can get this car or these car parts. I'm just not too fond of the freebies in Forza because it makes it too easy to get great cars and then you can upgrade them for free after two to three races. No sense of achievement (not the Xbox achievements).

I see what you mean. It would be cool if it took a whole lot of time to get a car all upgraded to S class.
I think they had to be careful balancing difficulty of attaining parts and ease of access to mp cars to get everyone at the same playing field
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Balance is always hard in MP games. For me it's more about the driving than the car. If I want to make a car, I make it and drive it. It might be good for me and it might not. It would suck to spend a week to earn a car and fix it up to find out it is complete sh1t on the track.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm not necessarily saying that it should take a week, just that everything shouldn't be free basically OR at least put much more time in to make it free. I wouldn't mind if, say, parts for Ford became 50% off once you reached level 20 for Ford, which does take a little time. Having 50% off all parts by just doing one or two races with a Ford car is rediculous imo (I thought the game was broken when I first saw that). They may as well have just made all part for free right off the bat. I like Forza, just not a fan of that part of the game.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:I'm not necessarily saying that it should take a week, just that everything shouldn't be free basically OR at least put much more time in to make it free. I wouldn't mind if, say, parts for Ford became 50% off once you reached level 20 for Ford, which does take a little time. Having 50% off all parts by just doing one or two races with a Ford car is rediculous imo (I thought the game was broken when I first saw that). They may as well have just made all part for free right off the bat. I like Forza, just not a fan of that part of the game.

That would be pretty cool. But on the other hand it is nice to not have to lend out money all the time either. It was much harder in Forza 3 and nothing was free. As a result I was always giving away money to other people in the clan that couldn't afford to build a car for the next Tourney.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Reza WRX Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:51 pm

I played through the demo, and I have mixed feelings on it so far. The handling has a very arcade feel to it, especially when you bounce off traffic like its not even there. On the plus side, the dirt track race in the lancer was surprisingly fun, and something different than your average Forza race. I am not completely sold on buying it yet, but it has some potential.
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:24 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote: there was no penalty to hitting everything in your way.

they reward you!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm

I agree with cryptik the cars do handle a bit to arcadey for me.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down