Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season?

2 posters

:: General :: Sports

Go down

The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season? Empty The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season?

Post by Reza WRX Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I don't know how many people are fans of hockey, or even aware of the lockout for that matter, but I am really hoping that these latest negotiations between the NHL and NHLPA result in an agreement before the scheduled October 11 start of the season. I already know that a few players have signed contracts with Russian and Swedish team already, but I really don't want to count out the possibility of hockey this year already. Here's the latest information on the negotiations, but so far, no agreements seem to have been reached on either side.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=642481

I really think that if there isn't hockey this year, the already small fanbase is going to disappear. I would even be fine with a late start to the season, like what happened in the NBA last year. I know the player salaries for NHL players are crap compared to other professional sports, but these lockouts definitely do more harm than good in terms of keeping their fans. This was a bit of a rant, but if anyone follows hockey like I do, what do you think? Will Bill Daly really hold out for the entire season, and will you still be around for the next season if so?
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season? Empty Re: The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season?

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:08 pm

If they're gonna have a lockout this is the year to do it with the NBA, NFL, and NFLRA all having labor trouble over the last 12 months.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season? Empty Re: The NHL, will we see a 2012-2013 Season?

Post by Reza WRX Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Pushed back until at least November 1st....sigh
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down