Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

+4
Atrum
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
DeadSockPuppet
8 posters

Go down

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer Empty The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:08 am

In case you missed it. The movies will come out as follows:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - December 2012
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - December 2013
The Hobbit: There and Back Again - April 2014

DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer Empty Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:31 am

I think this is the newest trailer you ment to post:

I can't wait. I hope it can live up to the first trilogy Jackson made.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer Empty Re: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Trailer

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:24 am

Is it just me, I'm just not that excited about the hobbit movies. I think the lotr movies were epic and prob the best trilogy movies since star wars but I think the hobbit movies are gonna be drawn out and probably a little boring in parts. I hope I'm wrong. I still wish Peter Jackson was making the halo movie(s) oh well, maybe he will get a shot at the gow movie
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:28 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Is it just me, I'm just not that excited about the hobbit movies. I think the lotr movies were epic and prob the best trilogy movies since star wars but I think the hobbit movies are gonna be drawn out and probably a little boring in parts. I hope I'm wrong. I still wish Peter Jackson was making the halo movie(s) oh well, maybe he will get a shot at the gow movie

I think the hobbit movies should actually be quite a bit faster paced than LotR. I haven't seen anything at all official but I imagine it will go as follows ***KINDA SPOILERS***:
Spoiler:
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Change the spoiler text to black please also you can just highlight the spoiler box to see the text.

EDIT: rofl forgot to talk about the post, I am really looking forward to this movie series.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:47 pm

AtrumX wrote:
S7 DROOPY wrote:Is it just me, I'm just not that excited about the hobbit movies. I think the lotr movies were epic and prob the best trilogy movies since star wars but I think the hobbit movies are gonna be drawn out and probably a little boring in parts. I hope I'm wrong. I still wish Peter Jackson was making the halo movie(s) oh well, maybe he will get a shot at the gow movie

I think the hobbit movies should actually be quite a bit faster paced than LotR. I haven't seen anything at all official but I imagine it will go as follows ***KINDA SPOILERS***:
Spoiler:

winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:33 am

Thanks Miller, that was the trailer I was looking for. I came across is on Time's Twitter feed on my phone and when I got to my computer I didn't have enough time to find that trailer.

@Droopy - If you want a long and drawn out movie wait and see if they make a movie of the Silmarillion: http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_11758.html Talk about a long and drawn out book about a bunch of Elves who's names all begin with E. It's like reading the Catalog of Ships from the Illiad.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:35 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:Thanks Miller, that was the trailer I was looking for. I came across is on Time's Twitter feed on my phone and when I got to my computer I didn't have enough time to find that trailer.

@Droopy - If you want a long and drawn out movie wait and see if they make a movie of the Silmarillion: http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_11758.html Talk about a long and drawn out book about a bunch of Elves who's names all begin with E. It's like reading the Catalog of Ships from the Illiad.

I think the most viable part of the Silmarillion would be the tale of Beren and Luthien. There are plenty of stories I personally like more, but that is the most complete story without requiring ridiculous amounts of back story. The story of the Silmarils would be cool, but it would be hard to decide what to do (ie. the creation and destruction of the trees of light, etc)
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I thought Peter Jackson was using some stuff from the Silmarillion in the Hobbit, and that's one of the reasons its so long.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:54 pm

It's been a like 15+ years since I read it but if I remember right it's like the Book of Genesis for the Elves and would be a rough movie to watch. But like I said, it's been many years since I read it.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:36 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:I thought Peter Jackson was using some stuff from the Silmarillion in the Hobbit, and that's one of the reasons its so long.

~mrmiller

I'm hoping (and have been hoping since I heard they were making a hobbit movie) that they'd include more on what Gandalf is actually up to during the hobbit. Honestly what Gandalf and the White Council are up to is much more epic than most of bilbo's quest.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:24 am

I don't believe he has negotiated for the rights to the silmarillion.
Hoping they aren't stretching a single novel too thin my making it into three movies. He will get my money no matter what though.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:48 pm

I'm going to check them all out for sure!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down