Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo gets cinematic in live-action series

+3
Atrum
S7 Sticky
S7 Wiggles1778
7 posters

Go down

Halo gets cinematic in live-action series Empty Halo gets cinematic in live-action series

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:33 am

While Microsoft's dream of a big screen Halo flick (originally planned to be produced by Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson) is pretty much dead, the upcoming release of Halo 4 is letting the company make a different sort of Halo film.

"Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn" will be a series of five live-action shorts leading up to the release of Halo 4 this November. Once the game is out, the company plans to collect those episodes, add in another 15 minutes of content and release the product as a feature film, which will be sold direct-to-video.

Bam! Halo finally has a movie! Sort of!

"Forward Unto Dawn" will star Daniel Cudmore, best known for his role as the mutant Colossus in the "X-Men" movies, as Halo heavyweight Master Chief. There's no word, at this point, on whether Chief's A.I. partner Cortana will play a part in the film — and, if so, whether she'll be portrayed by a live actor or CGI.

"We want this piece to do all the things that a game, by virtue of being a game, can't," Lydia Antonini, a former Warner Bros. executive who is producing the film, told The LA Times. "When you have real people, you can have real stakes and make connections."

The film will be a prequel to the Halo series, focusing on the first invasion by the Covenant. Set in a military academy, it will include a young cadet who will play what appears to be a major role in Halo 4 and other upcoming Halo titles.

Don't expect a CGI-fest, though. Director Stewart Hendler says he deliberately avoided adding in computer generated effects, creating real versions of the weapons, Warthogs, armor and ships. That might be why the hefty budget on these films is said to range between $5 million and $10 million.

Attendees of this week's Comic-Con in San Diego will be the first to see part of the series, which will officially launch October 5. Fans will be able to watch "Forward Unto Dawn" on their Xbox 360s if they have an Xbox Live Gold membership (natch) and through Machinima's YouTube Channel. The final version of the film will be available for purchase via digital download and on DVD and Blu-Ray. It will also be included as a bonus in limited editions of the game.
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Halo gets cinematic in live-action series Empty Re: Halo gets cinematic in live-action series

Post by S7 Sticky Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:22 pm

about dam time !!!!

cant wait
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Halo gets cinematic in live-action series Empty Re: Halo gets cinematic in live-action series

Post by Atrum Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Looks like I should pick up the limited edition.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:09 pm

S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:13 am

Thanks wonky I found that video and I just couldn't find it again. I'm assuming these young soldiers in training are the Spartan III program because of the age of master Chief and the armor he wears. They could also be ODST but the small scene with medical injections says otherwise. For all the Halo novel readers I wish they would just make the first book Halo: The fall of Reach a movie it has everything you need for a good film.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 am

S7 Panzer wrote:Thanks wonky I found that video and I just couldn't find it again. I'm assuming these young soldiers in training are the Spartan III program because of the age of master Chief and the armor he wears. They could also be ODST but the small scene with medical injections says otherwise. For all the Halo novel readers I wish they would just make the first book Halo: The fall of Reach a movie it has everything you need for a good film.

Actually very true on panzers part. First book would be a spectacular movie. Let's be honest, seeing that massive Halo in the middle of space is the most epic thing you can experience in a video game.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 am

Still, looks like this is going to be a good series of shorts. Maybe they'll use the number of DL and purchases of the LE to convince the studios to make some feature length movies and go to theaters with them.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:54 am

idk which one im more pumped for the movie or the game
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 pm

This is awesome!
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down