Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the best concert performance you've ever been to?

+13
S7 OC
S7 Coolhand
S7 SecurityGuy
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Zalacious
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 KnightOwl
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Epic
Atrum
BonzOmega
S7 Sticky
Reza WRX
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What was the best concert performance you've ever been to? Empty What was the best concert performance you've ever been to?

Post by Reza WRX Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:02 pm

I went to see Shinedown yesterday in concert, and their live performance was incredible. Adelita's Way came on first, and although they had a short playlist, they were awesome. Then Papa Roach came on, and that was a little disappointing, because Jacoby was definitely losing his voice towards the end of the set. Then Shinedown came on the stage, and the energy of their playlist was intense. The set included some classic songs like .45, and some new stuff off their album Amaryllis. I got a video of them playing the song Devour, and I have to say it sounds even better than the album version.

So what was the best concert you have ever been to, and which artists perform really well when they are live? Include pictures or videos of the shows if you have any!
Reza WRX
Reza WRX
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : Reza WRX

Back to top Go down

What was the best concert performance you've ever been to? Empty Re: What was the best concert performance you've ever been to?

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:13 pm

Rock
-iron maiden with Dio

Country
Brooks n Dunn with Jason Alden

DupStep
EDC in Las vegas

those would be my top pick that i have seen
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

What was the best concert performance you've ever been to? Empty Re: What was the best concert performance you've ever been to?

Post by BonzOmega Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:32 pm

saw Page and Plant in 97...hands down AMAZING.

the chick that opened for them Lily Haydn was super sexeh.
BonzOmega
BonzOmega
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

GamerTag : BonzOmega

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:02 pm

In Flames, Trivium, and Veil of Maya were spectacular at the Knitting Factory in Spokane. Best metal concert I've seen, ever. In Flames is better live, Trivium is just great and the pit was wild. And Veil of Maya was a nice surprise.

For Dubstep: Identity Festival, Gorge Amphitheatre, Gorge WA. Just an amazing day, I only listened to DnB before that... now I very much so enjoy Dubstep.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Well, the most fun I've had at a gig was Pendulum. sh1t got real.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:48 pm

S7 Epic wrote:Well, the most fun I've had at a gig was Pendulum. sh1t got real.

Ahh, I wish I could go to one! I really want to see them and In Flames together. No idea if it'll ever happen again.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:55 pm

1994...Pantera, Sepultura and Prong. Prong sucked but the rest of the show was epic.

Vinny Paul (Pantera's drummer) signed one of his drum heads and flung it out in the crowd and I caught it! The next day I surprised my buddy by giving it to him since he was a drummer and idolized the guy. The whole show was awesome and that just pushed it to the next level.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 pm

2 years ago I saw pepper, offspring , and 311 easily the best concert I have ever been to.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and the Grateful Dead..JFK Stadium 1986
Neil Young, Stephen Stills and Poco...Charlotte 1979
Rolling Stones....San Diego....1982

Too many to mention but those are the ones that stand out
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Best concerts so far were Pink Floyd @ Oakland, Nine Inch Nails @ Shoreline, and lastly Orbital @ Warfield.

S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:58 pm

S7 Uncle Charles wrote:Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and the Grateful Dead..JFK Stadium 1986

This explains a lot. I'm surprised you even remember going lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:15 am

I've seen Nine Inch Nails twice and both times their concerts melted my face off and last fall I saw Bush at a smaller, more intimate venue and they were awesome. Also, despite all you haters, Nickleback put on an excellent show. Going to see Aerosmith tonight, so I may have to update this post tomorrow.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:51 am

Aaron Lewis acoustic show that he is touring now is pretty good. I am going to see him again the Saturday night in Atlanta.

I like any amphitheater. I hate being inside and hearing music it should be done outside.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

I've seen Red Hot Chilli Peppers twice now and they rocked it both times, but the first time I saw them they had Coldplay open for them which was cool. RHCP is great live, but Coldplay didn't sound right to me in concert. I also saw Ben Harper a few years ago and that was probably my favorite since he is currently my favorite artist. He was fantastic live also.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:43 am

I have not been to alot of concerts but my favorite that I did go to was open to my College only (when I was in college) at a small amphitheater. Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds played. It was a great time. Not a huge Dave Mathews fan any more but was at the time.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by BonzOmega Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:I've seen Red Hot Chilli Peppers twice now and they rocked it both times, but the first time I saw them they had Coldplay open for them which was cool. RHCP is great live, but Coldplay didn't sound right to me in concert. I also saw Ben Harper a few years ago and that was probably my favorite since he is currently my favorite artist. He was fantastic live also.

got to see RHCP about 9 yrs ago i think? Foo Fighters opened for them...friggin awesome show...Grohl puts on a GREAT performance..he swapped places with his drummer for a couple songs while the drummer sang
BonzOmega
BonzOmega
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Crossroads Guitar Festival - Cotton Bowl 2004. Clapton, Santana, Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh, B.B. King...ZZ Top closed the show as a thunderstorm was moving in. They were tearing down the set behind them as they played "La Grange" because the wind was so strong. Beards blowing off to the side...
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : The JDG

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Not a music concert, but I saw Louis CK last year and he killed. Check his website for tour info http://bit.ly/Ml5UXz Highly recommend.
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Louis CK is hilarious.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by The JDG Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:32 pm

[]
The JDG
The JDG
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by BonzOmega Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:46 pm

bwahahaha

man i remember when he had a TV show like 10 yrs ago that only lasted a year i think? funny as hell..the guy's standup act is hillarious.

a guy i'd really like to see live is Pablo Fransisco...

BonzOmega
BonzOmega
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I was right, the Cheap Trick/Aerosmith show was epic last night. I'm not really a fan of Cheap Trick but Aerosmith was super epic. Their set was like an hour an 45 min long and they had a huge t-shaped stage that they fully used. They also showed footage of when they first were in Detroit like 40 years ago while they played the same songs, so that was pretty sweet too.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Magus Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:53 pm

lollapalooza 97 atlanta. Tool, Snoop dogg, Korn, Ziggy Marley, Orbital. Radiohead in 2004 in St Louis. Uncle Charles live in Orlando 2009
S7 Magus
S7 Magus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Magus

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:34 am

S7 SockPuppet wrote:I was right, the Cheap Trick/Aerosmith show was epic last night. I'm not really a fan of Cheap Trick but Aerosmith was super epic.

I saw Cheap Trick in Atl at the tabernacle and they freaking ROCKED for some old guys. Surrender live is awesome!

S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:57 am

SkipitoFriskito wrote:Not a music concert, but I saw Louis CK last year and he killed. Check his website for tour info http://bit.ly/Ml5UXz Highly recommend.

Casey and I saw him in Vegas... was like a 2 hour set like a week before he filmed his new special... it was AWESOME

S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum