Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does this bother anybody else?

+7
S7 DROOPY
S7 Sticky
Atrum
S7 Epic
Xpert2010
S7 Interseptor
OneBadHuskerFan
11 posters

Go down

Does this bother anybody else? Empty Does this bother anybody else?

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Just curious as to what you guys think, as it bothers the hell out of me in general, especially when a game is 5 months out from release date. I REALLY don't like this business practice at all and I feel that we, the gamers, are getting royally screwed with dumbed down release games.

Does this bother anybody else? EABO2DLC
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Does this bother anybody else? Empty Re: Does this bother anybody else?

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Pre-planning DLC does not bother me too much. I mean you can contract my development company for a game and future DLC. I will produce a game and then I will work on DLC content. DLC is not evil in itself.

However, leaving content out of the game because you want to sell it as extra does bother me. Day-1 DLC is really bogus unless it's completely FREE. Ship me a complete game and I am pretty happy.

That said, I am not a big fan of DLC in general. It has to really seem worth it for me to consider spending more money on a game I have already paid $60 for. I think DLC is a cash in for the most part and I don't usually go for it.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 pm

lol, what were you honestly expecting? They've done this with every E3 showing of Call of Duty for the past three or four years. The thing is, is that they know that people (like the CoD fanboys in this clan Rolling Eyes ) will pay for the dlc whether they like it or not.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:45 pm

Well, I have pretty much abandoned the COD franchise personally (not feeling the MP any more) but I don't fault them for putting out DLC. Interestingly I am still considering getting BlkOps2 because I am a big fan of the Zombie mode included with the Tryarch additions of the game. But after watching the gameplay of BlkOps2, the Zombie mode better be the most amazing thing ever or I be done with it too.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I don't like how they don't carry the maps over. Especially when the game is built on the same engine - it seems kind of stupid not to.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:03 pm

S7 Epic wrote:I don't like how they don't carry the maps over. Especially when the game is built on the same engine - it seems kind of stupid not to.

Well, then they couldn't bring them out later and charge money for work they already did on the last game.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:20 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 Epic wrote:I don't like how they don't carry the maps over. Especially when the game is built on the same engine - it seems kind of stupid not to.

Well, then they couldn't bring them out later and charge money for work they already did on the last game.

^^^This.

Why would they include old maps when they can get $10 a pop for a "Classic Map Pack"?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:23 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

^^^This.

Why would they include old maps when they can get $10 a pop for a "Classic Map Pack"?

There is going to be $10 DLC for a COD game? You mean $15 for a Classic Map Pack.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:27 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote:

^^^This.

There is going to be $10 DLC for a COD game? You mean $15 for a Classic Map Pack.

$15 for what... four maps? Sounds worth it to me! *sarcasm*
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:29 pm

Day 1 DLC doesn't bother me too much. There is a decent amount of time between when a game goes 'gold' and starts getting printed to when it releases.
I wish every series would just include all the old maps. I wouldn't care if the textures were outdated, they'd still be a blast.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 pm

day 1 dlc sucks

but saying other will be dlc not at all
im sure all of here know cod they will sucker money some how
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Day one dlc that isn't free, is bs. DLC that had good content, like the fallout dlc, is cool. Map packs for games is ok if the game comes with a nice amount of maps. I don't mind paying the $15 for dlc if it's good maps, most of the maps for codmw3 suck, just wish they would let you have a 24hr trial period for the map packs. $15 bucks is $15 bucks whether you spend it on a 2hrs of entertainment like a movie, chow, a cd or some subpar dlc is up to u.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:00 pm

S7 Interseptor wrote:Well, I have pretty much abandoned the COD franchise personally (not feeling the MP any more) but I don't fault them for putting out DLC. Interestingly I am still considering getting BlkOps2 because I am a big fan of the Zombie mode included with the Tryarch additions of the game. But after watching the gameplay of BlkOps2, the Zombie mode better be the most amazing thing ever or I be done with it too.

This is pretty much how I feel. The clan pretty much supports COD by competing in Clan and Solo Ops, both things that I'm completely useless in so I've pretty much abandoned the game. That being said, I'll probably go for Blops 2 for zombies because I've spent way too many nights playing way too many hours of zombies.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:22 am

For years now I've protested the DLC crap. I will continue to do so Mad .
It is all BS. At first it was a reward given to faithful customers and was free. Then someone decided to charge $10, then someone saw how well that went and charged $15. Now it's already posted that there will be DLC months before a games comes out because it makes the $60 go for more than $100+ overall once they're done sucking the life from you. If you can "plan" DLC months and months away, how about adding the maps, weapons, etc. into the game day one.

No thanks!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by Abominatus Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Game: 60$. Elite status: 50$. Dlc:75+$. Game I play off and on for a year: so worth it. Mebbe 2 cases of beer: 28$. Keystone ftw.

Now we look at the scenario for my wife.

Cellphone: 600$. Monthly: 100$. Booze night: 250$. Shopping:600$. New purse that lasts 2 weeks: 300$. Shoes she wears once: 200$.

Cigarettes, Energy drinks, pro-made coffee, high speed internet, or dlc, doesnt matter one way or the other. If you enjoy it at all, unless youre on some sort of diet ramen budget or living with your parents if you want it you're going to pay for it.
I'm not real super crazy about COD, but there's nothing else available that can currently take its place for me. Ghost recon is Gears of war rehashed on a crappy host every game, so that's nil. Homefront died really fast. I'll probably stick with COD for a while DLC or not.

Yeah expensive dlc pisses me off, but its not anymore expensive than an overdraft charge or the collective service fees for any credit card for a year or even a pay-by phone payment for just about anything. Foreign ATM fees could probably pay for all the dlc in a years time even for someone who doesnt have one.

Meh, I have two kids and a wife who spend all my money. DLC cost or not im paying for it because thats DADDY's GAME. Hands OFF THE XBOX!
Abominatus
Abominatus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 pm

LOL- classic Abominatus. You had be cracking up.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum