Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3.

+2
DeadSockPuppet
S7 mrmiller
6 posters

:: General :: PC Games

Go down

I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3. Empty I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3.

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 08, 2012 12:44 am

So do any of you play PC games on your TV while sitting on your couch? I got my (Droopy's) computer set up and on my TV, so I decided to install Diablo 2 and play a while. After about 30 minutes I had to quit, as I just couldn't get comfortable and I could feel my back going out from leaning forward, or the carpal tunnel setting in when leaning back. How do you all sit when you are playing? Would one of those lap desks help? Also, playing with just the light of the TV, I have a hard time seeing some of the keys on the keyboard. I was going to look at getting a back-lit one, but then I noticed the Razer Nostromo.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Nostromo-Gaming-Keypad-RZ07-00490100-R3/dp/B004AM5RB6/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS?ie=UTF8&colid=1LY10EL7AZK3M&coliid=I1XOKVTBIA3EVX
I may just have to pick that up instead.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3. Empty Re: I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3.

Post by DeadSockPuppet Tue May 08, 2012 6:04 am

You might try picking up something like this:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11489/kbd-115/%27%20+%20link_url%20+%20%27

I haven't used this model, but when I used my desktop I used to have an Eclipse that was great when I was gaming or surfing in the dark. The backlight could be turned off for the days too. I used that one until my cat chewed thru the cord and then I replaced it with the Eclipse 2 which was even better. I haven't used my desktop in a couple years so I'm not sure about the wireless board but I'd guess it's probably just as good.

As for mice, I've been prone to those designed by Razor. I'm pretty sure that my desktop has the Copperhead (which is wired) and I really liked it. I looked at some reviews on the Mamba (the one with wired/wireless options) and it looks like it's top of the line but the price might be more than what it's worth.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3. Empty Re: I gotta figure out my ergonomics for D3.

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 10:40 am

if im playing on my couch i use one of those small tv dinner type trays not the ones that sit stand on the floor but the smaller ones like you see when people eat breakfast in bed

as far as lights you can use one of those folding little book lights... that your learned your keyboard noob =)
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 am

I've got a WoW addict friend that plays in his lazy boy on his tv. He has a sliding table he bought from a hospital supply store. The legs slide under the chair and the table extends out and it works great.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

S7 Sticky wrote:if im playing on my couch i use one of those small tv dinner type trays not the ones that sit stand on the floor but the smaller ones like you see when people eat breakfast in bed

as far as lights you can use one of those folding little book lights... that your learned your keyboard noob =)

I used to play WoW while lounged out. I too used a lap tray. If you have a keyboard with a usb port you can easily attach a clip lamp there.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Tue May 08, 2012 11:36 am

I think I'm just going to stick with my office chair with my monitor sitting on my desk about a yard away from me...
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

I'll give the TV tray a go. Also, I have to disable the windows key. Nothing worse going for the alt and then exiting out of your game to the desktop.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 12:13 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote: Nothing worse going for the alt and then exiting out of your game to the desktop.

~mrmiller

i did this all the time in wow lol but now its not so bad
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

LOL yep I physically removed it from the keyboard I used for WoW.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I just have to get used to the fact it's not going to be like playing Xbox where I can lean back into the corner and sit cross-legged. But last night my wrists felt like they would fall off, so I have to set something esle up better. I want to be entertained and play on my big screen with the surround sound, and not have to resort to sitting at a desk for a game. I still may grab that keypad so I don't have to worry about a keyboard.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 2:07 pm

wrap your wrist's

i would like to use my surround sound but gaming so late into the night i love using my 7.1 headset and just blasting it there
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 08, 2012 5:45 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:LOL yep I physically removed it from the keyboard I used for WoW.

I've already decided I'm not using the "alt" key for anything, and re-mapping it somewhere else to prevent that snafu. But if that doesn't work I might have an old keyboard that doesn't have the key or an old one I can modify like you did- LOL.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 08, 2012 5:48 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:LOL yep I physically removed it from the keyboard I used for WoW.

I've already decided I'm not using the "alt" key for anything, and re-mapping it somewhere else to prevent that snafu. But if that doesn't work I might have an old keyboard that doesn't have the key or an old one I can modify like you did- LOL.

~mrmiller

to funny

f#ck you windows button so ill just pop you off the keyboard but if it works .. its works!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down