Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flying through corners

3 posters

Go down

Flying through corners Empty Flying through corners

Post by Atrum Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Well, after the last races I was trying to figure out the best way to hit the u-turns on Fujimi Kaido. Stumbled across this site:
http://www.drivingfast.net/techniques/racing-line.htm#axzz1mh7q8f7G

Already knew a lot of it, but it covers just about everything you need to know to run a fast lap. I know I've seen a lot of guys take some crazy lines in to turns and this might help a bit.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Flying through corners Empty Re: Flying through corners

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Good read. I was familiar with all of the info here. In fact I think I read this a few years ago. Interestingly I used the late apex (or racing apex) technique for the last tourney. With my high powered/high speed Ferrari the exit speed was much more important for a fast lap. I had to drive almost all the tracks to learn a new line for the Tourney. It's a very different type of car than I normally drive so I had to re-learn the tracks.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:59 pm

That's some good info. I'll have to try practicing that when I'm running hotlaps in my C-class. Thanks for the info guys.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:01 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:Good read. I was familiar with all of the info here. In fact I think I read this a few years ago. Interestingly I used the late apex (or racing apex) technique for the last tourney. With my high powered/high speed Ferrari the exit speed was much more important for a fast lap. I had to drive almost all the tracks to learn a new line for the Tourney. It's a very different type of car than I normally drive so I had to re-learn the tracks.

You know, now that you mention it I think one of us may have posted this way back in the Forza 2 days when we used to tune pretty much every night lol.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum