Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks

+5
DeadSockPuppet
Atrum
S7 Epic
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks Empty S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Post up your Top 3 tracks for the list. We will pick from random based off of your suggestions. Also remember, this is F-Class so short tracks are perfect. Here are mine...

1) Camino Viejo Short Reverse
2) Circuit de Catalunya School circuit
3) Hockenheimring National
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks

Post by S7 OC Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Camino Viejo Short reverse
Maple Valley short
Hockenheimring national

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks Empty Re: S7R Forza 4 F-Class Tourney - Track Picks

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Maple Valley Full
Laguna Seca
Silverstone International

edit: all forward.

Last edited by S7 Epic on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Mugello Club
Tsukuba Short
Hockenheim National

***All forward
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 pm

Maple Valley Short Circuit reverse
Mugello Club forward
Tsukuba Short Circuit forward
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Remember, we may have 9+ cars on track, don't pick circuits that are too small.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm

We raced A-class on a club track in the final season for Forza 3 (if I remember right) and while it was brutal it was a different kind of race that required a different kind of racing.

Part of being a good driver is being able to change your driving to fit the conditions your given. While some people might want to limit the tiny tracks I think everyone should pick what they want and we'll go from there. Then again, I'm a terrible driver so some people might think course selection is less of an issue for me but I picked what I thought would be fun to race with some slow-ass F-classers.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:22 am

We pretty much take any track you want. I only throw out ovals (because it's boring as hell and takes no skill), silly maps like New New York and Top Gear full due to the figure 8 design. (Note - Top Gear short versions would be available to choose because they do not feature the figure 8 design) And of course drag strips. Otherwise it's all open to pick from. I think Epic was just pointing out that we might want to think about what tracks we pick based off personal experience.

I think a short track with 10+ cars would be awesome. At least until I got wrecked out LOL!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:11 pm

S7 SockPuppet wrote:We raced A-class on a club track in the final season for Forza 3 (if I remember right) and while it was brutal it was a different kind of race that required a different kind of racing.

Part of being a good driver is being able to change your driving to fit the conditions your given. While some people might want to limit the tiny tracks I think everyone should pick what they want and we'll go from there. Then again, I'm a terrible driver so some people might think course selection is less of an issue for me but I picked what I thought would be fun to race with some slow-ass F-classers.

I'm aware of what constitutes a good driver. I'm also aware of how others actually drive, especially at the start of races.

Anyway, what I'd like to try and prevent is races where other people determine the outcome of your race. I.E. not breaking correctly for a corner, going for openings that are are never going to work, etc. Some tracks are more prone to this than others, namely the ones with short distances to corners and/or tight corners, chicanes shortly after. Races shouldn't be decided in the first 30 seconds but unfortunately, they quite often are. Now, this shouldn't be as much of a problem with the F-class cars as they are pretty slow and impacts are generally fairly gentle BUT I would encourage people to start taking things like this into account when they are making their track picks, so as to improve other events.

I don't know about others but personally, if I profit in a race because a rival got taken out through no fault of their own, then the sense of accomplishment is diminished.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:11 pm

S7 Epic wrote:
Some tracks are more prone to this than others, namely the ones with short distances to corners and/or tight corners, chicanes shortly after. Races shouldn't be decided in the first 30 seconds but unfortunately, they quite often are.

S7 Epic wrote:
Laguna Seca

<3
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I wouldn't say it was a problem track. You get a decent run down to the first corner and it is also a VERY wide corner. It's hardly on a par with Tsukaba or Camino Viejo accident wise.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Lol, I know. I love Laguna Seca, I just don't think I can remember a time when I haven't been clipped and spun out in the first corner. I always seem to start out in front there.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:12 pm

That's kind of why I think it would be fun to get the little tracks out of the way with the F and E classers so that people that want to race them will be able to but they'll be less of a factor because the cars are going slower.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Mugello Club
Caino Viejo Short Reverse
Maple Vally Club
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuntentatsu Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:54 am

I don't really care what we race, but like Epic I 'd like to point out what happened last time we raced Camino Viejo Short Reverse.

Many lulz were had.
Shuntentatsu
Shuntentatsu
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : shuntentatsu

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:48 pm

And many more are yet to be had!
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:23 pm

S7 Glock wrote:And many more are yet to be had!

I'm sorry! ... -crash-
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Tsukuba Short
Maple Valley Club
Maple Valley Club - R
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:44 pm

1 Camino Viejo Mini
2 Road Atlanta Club
3 Sunset Club

That's right - you will race the mini track and like it Epic.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down