Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New MW3 update out today - great fixes

+4
S7 K1ll3rKlown
OneBadHuskerFan
S7 Sticky
S7 Glock
8 posters

Go down

New MW3 update out today - great fixes Empty New MW3 update out today - great fixes

Post by S7 Glock Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:55 pm

From G4 - http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/719115/modern-warfare-3-update-fixes-exploits-lag-and-overpowered-weapons/

Today brings a sixth title update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, bringing a host of new fixes and balancing tweaks to the game's competitive multiplayer mode. One fix you'll immediately notice is that Clan Tags will no longer display button icons in place of text; the rest of the fixes happen under the hood.

According to the patch notes, gamers can expect: less lag, a fix for the melee jump glitch, improved host migration logic (YAY!) and no more stat loss when you lose connection from the server.

The update history on the Call of Duty website also runs through some recent HotFix updates (ie game changes that can be made outside of a downloadable Title Update) that were made to vanquish some glitches and rebalance some of the game's weapons. A variety of map exploits have been addressed, as have the No Recoil glitch and Infinite Laptop Killstreak glitch. If you don't know what those are, great! You shouldn't be using them anyway. We also hopefully shouldn't be seeing any more of those hacked bullet-time or high speed lobbies.

On the balancing side, the stopping power for the FMG9 (single or Akimbo) and Type 95 has been cut down a bit. There's also a fix for some issue involving the ACR with a Red Dot Sight and Shotgun attachments equipped, as well as a "fire rate normalization" for assault rifles with undermounts. Head on over to the Call of Duty forums for the full rundown.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

New MW3 update out today - great fixes Empty Re: New MW3 update out today - great fixes

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:05 pm

freakin\' EPIC WIN !!!!!!!!!!! about time

now when people see are gold clan tags and dont know its from being lvl10 or higher on elite ... they wont think were glitched
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

New MW3 update out today - great fixes Empty Re: New MW3 update out today - great fixes

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Now if they could actually get the Elite clan operations working I'd be happy. I've been pretty much non-existent in this game any more. Would be nice to be able to get some clan runs together to increase our rank.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:49 pm

quickscope sniping still there?
not cool.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:57 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:quickscope sniping still there?
not cool.

Unfortunately yes. They have know about quick scoping for a while now (the last 4 games or so) and have no intention of fixing it. Apperantly it is a valid game style/skill. Rolling Eyes
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Sound like some great fixes - hope that includes the LMG w/ IR scope no recoil one. And I hope they didn't F with my ACR. I already spent a token to keep it unlocked and would be pissed if it gets nerfed.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:26 pm

I hope the didn't nerf the T95 too much. You see how much people use the other 3 round burst gun (M16).

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Anonymous Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:47 pm

No Offense miller but i hope they did. Type 95 is way too overpowered in my opinion
S7 Anonymous
S7 Anonymous
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Anonymous

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPhQhajTx16oQzE34FYPTiG

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

A 3 round burst has to have something to make it worth using. If none of the guns had some sort of advantage over another, from fire rate to accuracy to power, there might as well only be one for the entire game. The real problem is you could hip fire it like a shotty at close range, and it sounds like the did nerf it there.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down