Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 Wrap-Up

+5
S7 KnightOwl
S7 Sticky
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Atrum
S7 Interseptor
9 posters

Go down

S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 Wrap-Up Empty S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 Wrap-Up

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:52 am

S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 - Wrap-Up

Well, we have finally come to the end of a long and amazing journey. Season 3 was finished up last night and with it the end of an era. We have been on one hell of a ride that has lasted for 4 full seasons of races, dozens of JFF Tourneys in the off season and 2 full years of racing. Many late nights and literally countless hours behind the wheel were spent in the pursuit of perfection. We have been blessed with a dedicated crew of great guys who have a passion for racing that show up week in and week out to support one of the greatest divisions in clan history. You are an amazing group and my hat is off to you. I have had some amazing times including close calls, epic wrecks (and wrecking Epic), neck and neck finishing, heartbreaking failures and come from behind wins. So many people help out every week from the racers to the guys who help keep track of statistics and get things organized. It has been an experience unlike any other I have had in gaming and you guys made it possible. So here to you, the S7 Forza Racing Division!

And here is to many more amazing experiences as we roll into a new chapter with Forza 4. I literally can't wait to see what is in store for us and October 11th can't come fast enough. Forza 4 looks to be the best sim-racing game ever made and we are primed to take it by storm. Maybe we'll even get some ladder action and pwn other clans!?!? But no matter the outcome, I know we are going to have a great time.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this possible. Now on to last nights Tourney...

Forza News -

Last night was once again an amazingly fun night. Nice clean racing on all but one track. Someone decided it would be fun to race S-Class on a track the size of a go-cart track (thanks Coolhand). We raced 25 laps and it was basically a train wreck. No one escaped undamaged and some got it worse then others. Still over all it was a great night. Lots of different podium finishes too. Myself, Wiggles, Atrum, Epic and Coolhand all had a podium finish at some point during the night. Great racing all around. But as always there has to be a winner. Final standing for the night looked like this:

Final Standings
Interseptor 67 (6 Wins, 7 Podiums)
Wiggles 46 (1 Win, 6 Podiums)
Epic 32 (3 Podiums)
Atrum 31 (4 Podiums)
Coolhand 21 (1 Podium)
OC 16
Puppet 11

DNQ - Sticky (Connection Issues)
DNQ - Kenny (M.I.A. after being there at 830pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with that is the close of the season so it is time to crown a Champion for Season 3. Congratz to Interseptor (myself)! It was a great season but I wish we could have seen more of both Glock and Sticky. Still, it was a lot of fun...

FINAL Season Standings are as follows...

1st - Interseptor - 63pts
2nd - Wiggles - 56pts
3rd - Epic - 35pts

Sticky - 28pts
Glock - 25pts
Atrum - 22pts
Kenny - 21pts
Coolhand - 19pts
OC - 16pts
Pooty - 11pts
Chippy - 9pts
SockPuppet - 8pts

Last edited by S7 Interseptor on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 Wrap-Up Empty Re: S7 Forza 3 - Season 3 Wrap-Up

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 am

Last night was a blast! The go kart track was even a good time after the initial ridiculousness. I thought I was going to take 1st on the last race, but of course once I start to go "Hmm, if I can stay in first for 1 more lap I've got this" I smash in to some sticky sand.
Coolhand and I had one of the closest finishes I've ever seen on Nurburgring. He hit the last corner wrong and I snuck ahead with under 1/4 mile left.
Later on the Raceway OC held me off for what felt like the whole race until he caught some grass going in to the last corner. I passed him his top end was just enough to take back 4th place.
Finally I had a great, close series with Epic. It felt like we kept alternating podium finishes and I thought I had it with a top 2 finish on the final race but couldn't quite close on it. Great series.

Overall an awesome night. Had some of the most crazy moments (going 2 wheels for a looong ways on maple valley) and a lot of close races. What surprised me is everyone seems to have upped their racing skills in preperation for forza 4. I'll be making the transition to manual to try to gain some ground on the leaders.

PS: Passed Kenny by 1 point in the final series of the season! Wish I had made it to more of the early events though.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:21 am

AtrumX wrote:I'll be making the transition to manual to try to gain some ground on the leaders.

Yes sir...I only run manual w/ clutch and will be there shifting like crazy (note-to-self: buy the wheel for Forza 4). I'll get more involved in the Forza gaming nights with you guys next time around. Love Forza 3 but don't play nearly as much as I should. But...as you said, the new game will be upon us shortly and it's on my very short list of "gotta have games" so I'll look for you in the new cars and running the new tracks!
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:32 am

my DNF

was not due to connection issues i got in fine(2 could not join if i was there ).. but i stepped out to let 2 people who could not connect take my place aka epic and atrum

so if i would have played the last 2 races i would have been in 3rd Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

cant freakin\' wait till forza4
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 pm

congrats to interseptor on the season win!

I will see you guys in forza 4.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Had a blast too - mostly raced the best I ever have. I used a controller instead of my racing wheel - after practicing with both I really like the wheel for realism and involvement, but I race better with the controller. My thumbs react quicker than my arms can on the really twisty tracks.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:44 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:was not due to connection issues i got in fine(2 could not join if i was there ).. but i stepped out to let 2 people who could not connect take my place aka epic and atrum

I wasn't able to get in while you were there, also.

Anyway, sorry that Sticky couldn't race and that OC and I got dropped from the last race. I've had a great time, even though I didn't really have any strong finishes. I did have a high though with my 5th place finish on Maple Valley... I almost had you Atrum. Too bad that I wasn't able to get into 6th and put Chippy in last for the season, but whatever.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Good Racing I enjoyed all the tourneys and always had a good time racing even if I was bringing up there rear. It is always nice to have people to compete with on my skill level and enjoyed racing with you puppet. Looking forward to Forza 4 and more fun with a great bunch of guys.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:11 am

Yeah, we seemed to battle eachother pretty well most races. Maybe on Forza 4 we'll get to know the tracks like the other guys and be able to be competitive with the top of the pack.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:03 pm

Yeah, I almost blew that lead I had on Maple valley vs you puppet. I was worried about the last section and didn't pay attention, next thing I know I'm on 2 wheels lol.

Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Yeah, when I heard you whooping about that I thought I had a chance. Maybe in Season 1 of Forza 4 or the IROC I'll be able to take you down a peg.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Well I'm switching to manual for Forza 4 so early on you'll have the best chance at it.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Yeah, I used to race career mode in manual and then I switched to auto for tourneys so that I didn't have issues with wasting a transmission in a crash or something. I'll probably switch back now and for Forza 4. If I beat you, I want it to be fare and square.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:37 pm

Great end to a great series. I think I could've challenged Zak and Wiggles more had I not raced the Zonda but tbh, I love driving it and with Sticky not racing, I knew I had 3rd locked for the season. It was a little too close for comfort with Atrum though, thanks largely due to me getting distracted on Nurburg and ploughing into a wall and also, that d@mn mini circuit.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:15 pm

S7 Epic wrote:...and also, that d@mn mini circuit.

Thanks again Coolhand... j/k. I had a blast on that track even though I kept getting destroyed. Too bad that I missed the Late Night Racing, cuz if they were endurance races like that I'd love to get in there and trade some paint. Maybe we can bring them back for Forza 4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:06 pm

I would like to organize/help organize a late night racing league in forza 4 so keep your eyes peeled for details after it releases. We always seemed to have a good turn out for the late night series.
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down