Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty Elite subscription program

+6
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Atrum
S7 Sticky
S7 KnightOwl
S7 Interseptor
S7 mrmiller
10 posters

Go down

Call of Duty Elite subscription program Empty Call of Duty Elite subscription program

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am

From Joystiq:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/30/call-of-duty-elite/

Call of Duty Elite is the paid 'digital platform' from Beachhead Studios, built for MW3 [Update: Now with video!]
Hours ahead of the agreed-upon embargo for the news, the Wall Street Journal is the first to report on Call of Duty Elite, the long-reported "digital platform" in development at Activision's new Beachhead studio. Designed to complement this fall's Modern Warfare 3, Elite will be a paid service though "portions of the service will be free" including a Facebook-inspired Groups feature.

Other features of the service include the Bungie.net-like ability to display stats to analyze player performance, "gauging factors such as which weapons have been most successful for them in killing enemies." If you're worried that you'll suddenly have to pay for online multiplayer in Call of Duty titles, don't be. The Journal reports that "players will still be able to compete against each other online without subscribing to the service."

Activision hasn't yet pinned down a price point, though it does expect the cost to be less than comparable "online-entertainment services" like the $8/month Netflix. Part of that fee will go towards a "customer-service operation that will be needed to support it." It will also include the year's map packs, which cost $15 each, taking some of the sting out of any annual charge.

[Update: The trailer detailing the entire service has been leaked on YouTube - hat tip @CheapyD - ahead of tomorrow morning's 9am embargo; if the WSJ article left you with some questions, try the video after the break. Still have questions? We'll do our best to answer everything tomorrow morning!]

It didn't seem like the video was working. If anyone else finds a better link- embed it here please.

Looks like there will be more information later today, and most likely an offical video, statement, and press release.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Elite subscription program Empty Re: Call of Duty Elite subscription program

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue May 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Here is the Video...

Couple of things...

1) Activision is pretty much pure evil.

2) The service seems pretty cool and a welcome addition to the COD franchise... if it was free. But it's not. (Please see note #1)

3) The same basic services can be found for Free for Halo games at bungie.net (again, please see note #1).

4) Activistion sucks and want to charge for services and content that should be free to enhance the game. They have sold like a bajillion copies of their games and made buttloades of profit and now they want to charge for a service that should be free?!?! (please see note #1, see a pattern here)

Closing comments: Activision is pretty much pure evil. Thank you.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty Elite subscription program Empty Re: Call of Duty Elite subscription program

Post by S7 KnightOwl Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 pm

agreed

greedy b@stards
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 31, 2011 12:52 pm

I’m not opposed to them making money off of an add-on service that is not necessarily part of the game, but a monthly fee? Seriously, it should be more like $10 for life, or add it to the cost of the “Collectors Edition” or something. I was previously mentioned that if you had the service, the map packs would be free. So if the service is $5 or less a month, that could be OK as at $15 per map pack it would be worth the extra for the “extras”.

The video was cool and well done, and I like the small sneak at MW3 at the end. Are we seeing customized looks for our characters there?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

this looks cool but i am not going to buy it i mean sh1t i am already going to pay at least 59.99 for the game and another 15 for dlc

unless the price is cheap as f#ck ill miss out on that but o well
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Tue May 31, 2011 2:06 pm

"Call of Duty E-penis subscription program" is what I read.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue May 31, 2011 5:21 pm

If you want to get a chance to try it out for free, you might get lucky by signing up to be a beta tester.

Link is here-
http://www.callofduty.com/elite

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue May 31, 2011 5:45 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:If you want to get a chance to try it out for free, you might get lucky by signing up to be a beta tester.

Link is here-
http://www.callofduty.com/elite

~mrmiller

did it hope i get in it just to try it out
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:26 am

I signed up too, and the video was cool...but pay more? not going to happen! Hell, I haven't even got the new maps yet.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 SecurityGuy Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:24 am

I listened to Dan Americks one of swords podcast the other day and he was saying that this is going to be a free service with some extra paid content.

For example like Halo Waypoint but better. I am not going to lie if I feel it is worth it I am definitely going to do it.
S7 SecurityGuy
S7 SecurityGuy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 SecurityGuy

http://www. GuardogSecurity.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:04 pm

S7 SecurityGuy wrote:I listened to Dan Americks one of swords podcast the other day and he was saying that this is going to be a free service with some extra paid content.

For example like Halo Waypoint but better. I am not going to lie if I feel it is worth it I am definitely going to do it.

what i was talking zak yesterday is that if i can use the theater mode in black ops and not have that 30sec limit for elite members i will get it for sure as that would be well worth it an in game capture card that is not limited to 30secs =WIN
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:22 pm

So I got into COD Elite with my beta pass and it's pretty good. I like all the additional info and being able to see ways for me to improve my game that aren't just general hints/tips but rather are tailored to how I play (weaps, perks, how I run the maps, etc). However, if they make it a per month charge to use, I don't think that I'll be willing to pay for that. I already pay for XBL and I don't feel like paying more for a service that helps me with only 1 game. I think I read in the discussion above that some of the service will be free and some will be paid for. If that's the case, I'll probably just use the part that's free. Has anyone else gotten in, and if so, what's are your thoughts/impressions?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:07 pm

d@mn no ill check
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:07 pm

nope you luck sob
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:22 pm

S7 wonky wrote:nope you luck sob

Y U NO SPEAK ENGLISH?
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:28 pm

only one person on my FL got in chattem..
hey says it crappy

he also told me some info thats on there mw3 is CONFIRMED
to have a quickscopping lobbys. so ya they have there own playlist if they want to do that but that just means quitescopping is here to stay and we will have to put up with there crappy ass hit detection

another thing they going to go all out with kill cams making them better and some how epic ..

so now when u get quick scoped you can see the bullet miss you by six feet to your right in some epic way
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:52 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:only one person on my FL got in chattem..
hey says it crappy

he also told me some info thats on there mw3 is CONFIRMED
to have a quickscopping lobbys. so ya they have there own playlist if they want to do that but that just means quitescopping is here to stay and we will have to put up with there crappy ass hit detection

another thing they going to go all out with kill cams making them better and some how epic ..

so now when u get quick scoped you can see the bullet miss you by six feet to your right in some epic way

The hit detection is actually very accurate. IT goes based off of the clients screen. In other words, if your aim is good and you shoot they die. However the way they do hitcams is based off of YOUR screen. So obviously the more latency the more 'off' the shot will seem. People always blame this on hit detection but really it's just an imperfect 'instant replay' in the form of killcams.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Win:

Thanks for taking part in the beta program for Call of Duty® Elite. Our goal with Call of Duty® Elite is simple: to bring new types of innovation to the Call of Duty franchise and make multiplayer even better for one of the world's largest and most passionate online gaming communities.

We need your help to achieve that goal. The purpose of this Beta is to test the service and see how you use the features we’ve built. All of us at Beachhead want to hear your feedback and we’re dedicated to improving Call of Duty® Elite through Beta and beyond. Let us know what you think! Use Call of Duty® Elite and share your thoughts by using the feedback link within Elite.

To get started, just click the link below.If you haven’t already done so, you will need to link a console account to the e-mail address you used when you signed up.

Thank you for helping to make Call of Duty® Elite a success!

Chacko Sonny
Studio Head, Beachhead Studios

Remember there is no time of flight in COD. When the button is pressed is when the hit is registered. No matter how fast the animation, for there to be any visual animation it is going to be a bit behind. Same goes with the commando in MW2. The guy presses the button to knife, and the game registers the hit. So when you see him lunge and you are shooting him but he doesn't die, is because as far as the game engine is concerned, you are already dead for the point he pressed the button, and not the end of the animation.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Epic Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:27 pm

This isn't Counter Strike, please lock this topic and close this section of the forum.
S7 Epic
S7 Epic
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Epic DDN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down