Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brink

+8
Air7Cav
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Epic
S7 wonky
S7 mrmiller
S7 DROOPY
S7 Interseptor
S7 OC
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Brink - Page 2 Empty Re: Brink

Post by S7 Glock Thu May 12, 2011 2:40 am

I have to say that I do like this game... I know it's no COD or Halo... but I really enjoy the level of customization as well as the drop in/drop out co-op in the campaign. I also completed two stars on a bunch of the challenges solo. I recommend anyone to do the challenges right away.. it unlocks so much stuff. I'm interested in trying to do some of these challenges with 2-4 players as well. I hope that there are guys playing this one for a while... I played very briefly with Matt and Zak and I had a blast.
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu May 12, 2011 9:14 am

It did grow on me as we played, and doing the challenges is a must to unlock a lot of stuff. I also want to do the challenges co-op. Something about it seems "off" and the word used most in the review is "unfinished". That works for me too, but really it just seems more "incomplete", like it is a string of stuff just thrown together. I don't really see/feel the single player, and it is more of a multiplayer game based on co-op. It is more of playing all the maps on Team Fortress, with a minimal amount of story thrown in to link the events together. Still, I had a good time with it and it is definitely better with co-op players. You have to switch and have the classes covered which works better with players you can communicate vs. the CPU players. Then again, I had one map I was just sitting back holding one point and racking up the kills while I talked to Interseptor on party chat, and before I knew it we had won. I essentially did nothing and the CPU players completed the mission. Nice but a little lame. I mean, I use my invincible CPU players in COD to help me out, but they are not grabbing checkpoints and progressing the game forward unless I contribute.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu May 12, 2011 10:50 am

Yeah, I got my copy yesterday too. Played a little with Miller and Glock and had a pretty good time. There are some really great features here which is kind of a shame because overall the game feels a bit lacking. The customization is one of the best I have seen and I love the art and style of the game. The Parkour stuff is ok but a little hit and miss. Some stuff you can climb up and over and others you can't. Hard to tell until you try and fail (or succeed). It works really well over the small stuff, it's just the bigger stuff that is hit or miss. Still, it's nice. Unfortunately, the guns feel a little light weight and weak. You don't really feel like you are shooting a powerful weapon. Not sure I can put a finger on it exactly but the guns just feel a little "off" to me.

The single player also feels a little lacking. I never feel immersed in the story, nor do I care who wins or loses. As Miller said, it feels more like a co-op/mp game mode with a little story thrown in to move it along. Not entirely a bad thing. The game feels like a co-op/story MP game that you can also play solo if you would like to. Fortunately for me I have friends to play with and enjoyed it. The missions are objective based and there is usually 2-3 objectives open at any time, especially in the later missions. This is where the game gets fun. Playing with real people to get the objectives complete. You'll need every class at some point and it's a lot of fun to work together to get it done. I was having some trouble with some of my classes last night so I stayed the soldier but Miller and Glock were swapping out classes while I mowed people down and re-filled ammo. It really worked pretty well and we had a lot of fun.

Also like Miller, I found myself liking it more and more as a played through the night. It definitely feels a bit rushed. Like it could have been a great game with another 1-2 years development. Almost like an appetizer to the main course. There are a lot of good things going on but many of them feel unfinished. The story in particular. It is a really interesting setting and seems to have a good back story but they just didn't do a good job getting you into it. Maybe Brink 2, if it gets made, will be the game this should have been. I am glad I rented it as I don't see myself playing this for more than a few weeks. Still I am having fun with it and looking forward to playing some more. 4-players or more would be ideal so hit me up if you see me on.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri May 13, 2011 4:58 pm

So who all ended up getting this game? Maybe we could get a big group going later tonight, as tomorrow everyone will be playing Zombies. Heck, we might be able to run through one entire side of the game in a few hours with a full team.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 13, 2011 5:23 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:So who all ended up getting this game? Maybe we could get a big group going later tonight, as tomorrow everyone will be playing Zombies. Heck, we might be able to run through one entire side of the game in a few hours with a full team.

~mrmiller

That would be fun. I'd love to get a group of 6-8 people, assuming it doesn't lag too bad. I read that lag seems to be an issue with this game for a lot of people. But who's down to give it a try?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri May 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Just got done playing some single player, I tried mulitplayer and it was unplayable! I ll give it a shot with you guys later
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri May 13, 2011 5:40 pm

sweet!
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Fri May 13, 2011 7:33 pm

S7 mrmiller wrote:So who all ended up getting this game? Maybe we could get a big group going later tonight, as tomorrow everyone will be playing Zombies. Heck, we might be able to run through one entire side of the game in a few hours with a full team.

~mrmiller

I'll play some brink tonight
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sat May 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Well my schedule got a little messed up and I didn't end up getting on last night. Sorry about that guys. Anyone down to try again? I really want to play with a large group. I think it would be pretty fun.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 wonky Sat May 14, 2011 5:14 pm

i just got a email saying ill have mine soon also
S7 wonky
S7 wonky
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Sat May 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Let's do it Zak
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Sun May 15, 2011 11:45 am

Free DLC coming in June - http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/14/brink-getting-free-dlc-in-june-360-matchmaking-update-now-live/

Not sure I'll still have the game in June but it's good to see free DLC.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Sun May 15, 2011 7:59 pm

I'll still have the game so I'll be looking forward to the DLC.
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue May 17, 2011 10:33 am

Well, I am sorry I missed out on the Co-Op stuff, except the first day that I played with Miller and Glock (that was fun) but I am sending my copy back to GF today. Need to make room for Dirt 3 and Brink just didn't do it for me. I definitely see the Co-Op appeal. In fact I would have loved to see a big game going but in general it just didn't turn out like I was hoping.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sat May 21, 2011 11:19 pm

I went ahead and completed the campaign in co-op with randoms. There were a few games with lag, but it worked out for the most part. The more I played and unlocked stuff, the more I liked it. Still, I think I will be sending it back on Monday and looking for something else.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 am

S7 Interseptor wrote: And like Coolhand, I like what I like.
You paraphrased Air7Cav, not me. No big deal.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon May 23, 2011 10:10 am

S7 Coolhand wrote:
S7 Interseptor wrote: And like Coolhand, I like what I like.
You paraphrased Air7Cav, not me. No big deal.

d@mn Homefront trophy sig!!! Got me all confused and sh1t. Mad
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2