Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11)

+2
S7 Sticky
S7 Zalacious
6 posters

Go down

Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11) Empty Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11)

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:00 pm

Guess a hot fix to re-balance most of the guns and modules just came out....

Copied from the mycrysis forums

Hi everyone!

We've been monitoring weapon performance over the last few weeks and have made several balance adjustments. Below you'll find a list of changes that have already been rolled out to both 360 and PS3 and are ready for you to check out right now! The PC will receive these changes in the upcoming patch, due next week.

Weapons:
• AY69: Increased recoil
• DSG1: Reduced fire rate
• Feline: Increased recoil
• Hammer: Reduced recoil
• Jackal: Reduced full auto spread, Increased single shot spread
• Jaw: Reduced damage, Reduced rocket speed
• Kvolt: Increased damage
• LTag: Increased fire rate, Increased damage
• Mk60: Reduced recoil
• Scar: Increased recoil
• Scarab: Increased recoil, Increased spread
• Gauss attachment: Increased clip size, Removed damage falloff
• Light shotgun attachment: Increased clip size, Reduced damage
• Frag grenade: Increased damage
• HMG: Removed crouch accuracy bonus

Modules:
• Air Stomp: Reduced recovery time
• Nano Recharge: Reduced recharge rate
• Detonation Delay: Reduced delay
• Energy Transfer: Reduced tier 3 transfer amount
• Point Fire Enhance: Reduced spread further
• Weapon Pro: Increased reload and ironsight speeds further
• Mobility Enhance: Increased energy costs

Other:
• Nanosuit 2.0: Reduced armour bonus
• Headshot damage modifier reduced

Glad to see them tweaking some things, but I can not help but think it would have been better to fix the connection issues before you start looking at weapon imbalances. I also shed a single tear when I noticed that they nerfed mobility enhance and nano recharge. Notice that the OP also refers to a patch next week at the end of the introduction.

Thoughts?
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11) Empty Re: Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11)

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:18 pm

MEOW FAIL
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11) Empty Re: Crysis 2 hotfix. Weapon balance and module tweaks. (4-21-11)

Post by S7 Zalacious Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 pm

S7 Sticky wrote:MEOW FAIL

Agreed. Kind of bummed about many of the tweaks. Many of them were not needed but some of them were.

LTag might r@pe now with either rapid fire or sidepack for the extra ammo.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:53 am

Actually it looks like they made most everything worse, instead of just increasing the few things they should have. Pretty lame and crap changes if you ask me, as now it will change the entire game for most people. Weak.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 am

I hate when they try to rebalance games like this - just throws out everything you've learned, and they nerf the sh1t you just happen to be using.

So now my class gets these changes:
Feline - Increased recoil
AY69 - Increased recoil
JAW - Reduced damage and rocket speed
Energy Transfer - reduced tier 3 transfer amount
Cloak Tracker - none
Retriever - none

Awesome! I'm at tier 2 Energy Transfer, getting close with about 410/500 kills, only 90 more to level 3, and now they freakin\' nerfed it. Thanks a freakin\' bunch. All three of my weapons got nerfed too.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:59 am

I'll reserve judgment till I play it. I must say I am kinda glad about the Feline. I am tired of how people complain it's over powered all the time. Maybe now they'll calm down. And let's face it, anything that shoots that fast should probably have more recoil.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm still getting my playstyle down for all the maps but the only thing that makes the game way easy for me is cloaking. Of course that's how the game is supposed to play but the weapon tweaks probably won't matter much unless you run and gun.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:36 pm

But doesn't it look like most everything was nerfed? I can see a couple of fixes, but almost everything (of use) has changed. No changes to detonation delay- oh noes! Seriously, it looks like they took the most popular perks and dumbed them down so people might use the other perks, no matter how useless they are. I reached level 50 the other night, now I have to completely adjust my play style. As I said before- weak!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down