Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Convince Me

+6
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 mrmiller
S7 Interseptor
S7 Sticky
Air7Cav
Atrum
10 posters

Go down

Convince Me Empty Convince Me

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Alright, I'm on the ropes for whether or not to get this game. I've been planning on starting to play some game a LOT. Things I'm looking for in a game:
-People online all the time - I have always enjoyed games 100x more if we have members on when I am. That usually tends to be from like 10 EST - 3am EST.
-Takes skill - I like some games that are just "Who can stand in the best place first cough cod cough" but games with a learning curve that is not there just because of terrible controls are great.
-Fun maps - good variance of maps for small quarter chaos to big open sniper hell fields.

Things that might convince me:
-Sweet MP videos of gameplay
-lots of members playing
-Something about the demo being not as cool as the real game.
-Huge burns on Homefront that make me decide to swap it for Crysis. lol
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Convince Me Empty Re: Convince Me

Post by Air7Cav Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Between the two - Crysis a must. Homefront is fun but needs work. If you are a BF fan, then you will like Homefront.

Can't speak for Crysis MP yet but I liked the MP demo. SP will make you cry (no pun intended). ;-)
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:24 pm

crysis is a good mix of cod and halo

the skill lvl is a little higher then cod but not by much

like every game every one including myself found the most OP gun and use it the feline.

so far there are alot of people playing crysis2 over homefront for the main reason that homefront MP is still failing,

right now more people are playing crysis2
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 pm

OK, here goes...

1) Maps are EPIC! Huge and close quarters, sometimes in the same map. Maps are multi-leveled with tons of paths to get from place to place.

2) Amazing freedom of movement. Kinda goes hand in hand with the map design but it really is amazing. You can get to so many places using unorthodoxed methods it's just awesome. Just jump and climb your way almost anywhere. Tons of fun for flanking. No stairs for me!

3) Skill - you needs it. Can't just run and gun in this game. You HAVE TO MANAGE your power consumption or you are toast. This creates a learning curve to the game that is pretty steep at first. You can't just aim and shoot. You have to constantly switch between Power, Armor and Stealth to be successful. It really adds a whole new level to a normal FPS.

4) Good following - So far so good. We have a good core of people playing already and more getting it every day.

5) Deep MP - this game has a truly robust MP. 6 game modes, 12 awesome maps and tons of leveling, customization and upgrades to unlock.

Oh and Homefront SUCKS!!! Not really but it does fail online. Crysis 2 is seamless. Get into a party and launch a game. Simple as that. Found out last night that you don't even have to back out to pick people up. Just invite to the game and it automatically puts you in the party.

The game really is WIN.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:43 pm

You guys are killing me!!! Longest work day ever....

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Uncle Charles Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Tell me about it....+ I have music gigs all weekend.
Played a little MP last night and started to get the feel of it and then Interseptor showed up so I was outa there....J/K Zak...I love ya' Laughing
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 Uncle Charles
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : Uncle Charles

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Hmm, guess I'll end up getting it. Possibly tonight if my Walmart Mind games work. If not then around the 10th of next month.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:30 pm

I tried to play the demo but I guess I'm too late, seems the demo is closed...LOL Embarassed Can't go out and "cold purchase" something I might not like.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Mr. Dark Horse, I was on the fence concerning this game, I like Homefront but if this is said to be better...I'm going to get it right now as I type this at the local game stop. With all the reviews on the SP and yours on the multi...it = #winning to me lol. Klown just do it!
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:19 am

Yeah, just do it. Don't let your laziness cause you to miss out. Take a breather from MLB - it'll still be there. ;-)
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 am

I gave in this weekend and bought it. Like it so far but I'm no good yet.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 KnightOwl Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:40 pm

count me in im going to pick up a copy tonight see you online
S7 KnightOwl
S7 KnightOwl
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Game Command : Cod Ghost GC, Black ops 2
GamerTag : S7 KnightOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:54 pm

Why don't you guys throw up a couple YouTube MP S7 videos (Sticky)?
....I can at least get an idea of what the game is like.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Why don't you guys throw up a couple YouTube MP S7 videos (Sticky)?
....I can at least get an idea of what the game is like.

dont have my capture card anymore but ill ask a buddy if i can barrow his and if so i will
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 pm

It's all good... checked gametrailers.com and saw a few clips. Looks like it takes a lot of bullets to take a man down...and they complained about that in Halo for years Rolling Eyes Just saying...LOL
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:It's all good... checked gametrailers.com and saw a few clips. Looks like it takes a lot of bullets to take a man down...and they complained about that in Halo for years Rolling Eyes Just saying...LOL

No, not really. I can easily take 2 or 3 people down with one clip, not counting headshots. Plus if they are not armored up they go down even easier- one or two bursts. It's a bit more than COD, but nothing like Halo. More like R6.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:01 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:It's all good... checked gametrailers.com and saw a few clips. Looks like it takes a lot of bullets to take a man down...and they complained about that in Halo for years Rolling Eyes Just saying...LOL

Klown I just got done playing this for the first time, two words, BLOWN AWAY...the SP by far the jewel of this game! If you don't play it your gonna miss out! The online multi is not like Halo to me! It's good but I like the SP more, it's like watching a movie but your in it and controlling the character. I got to get better at the online first and level up to give more input but it's sweet and I had no noticeable lag. It's so different to me that it's refreshing! You should get it, don't hate something you'll regret if you don't try it first. whether the that last statement makes sense to you doesn't matter lol just get it.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:42 am

S7 R0LLING THUND3R wrote:

Klown I just got done playing this for the first time, two words, BLOWN AWAY...the SP by far the jewel of this game! If you don't play it your gonna miss out! The online multi is not like Halo to me! It's good but I like the SP more, it's like watching a movie but your in it and controlling the character. I got to get better at the online first and level up to give more input but it's sweet and I had no noticeable lag. It's so different to me that it's refreshing! You should get it, don't hate something you'll regret if you don't try it first. whether the that last statement makes sense to you doesn't matter lol just get it.

Glad to hear it! Just wait till you get into the MP. Frankly it's even better that the SP. Very deep and lot to keep you playing. It does take some time to get used to and has a bit of a learning curve but once you start to get it it's a TON of fun. We were rolling with a group of S7 the other night and straight pwning kids. If you roll in packs you will destroy the other team.

Also - Friendly Reminder to Everyone - Tonight is Crysis 2 night. I would be happy to go over everything I have learned so far. Tips, tricks and helpful pointers to help get you up to speed and pwning. Pwn the public, S7 scrims and just general fun from 8-10pm eastern. Perfect time to get on and have some fun with friends. Hope to see you there.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:58 am

S7 Interseptor wrote:
S7 R0LLING THUND3R wrote:

Glad to hear it! Just wait till you get into the MP. Frankly it's even better that the SP. Very deep and lot to keep you playing. It does take some time to get used to and has a bit of a learning curve but once you start to get it it's a TON of fun. We were rolling with a group of S7 the other night and straight pwning kids. If you roll in packs you will destroy the other team.

Also - Friendly Reminder to Everyone - Tonight is Crysis 2 night. I would be happy to go over everything I have learned so far. Tips, tricks and helpful pointers to help get you up to speed and pwning. Pwn the public, S7 scrims and just general fun from 8-10pm eastern. Perfect time to get on and have some fun with friends. Hope to see you there.

Oh noes...
Convince Me Thread-hijack
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum