Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

home front MP revie/update (sp ) easter egg found

+11
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Uncle Charles
S7 DieharD
S7 Interseptor
Atrum
Air7Cav
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
S7 MCampbell
S7 Sticky
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

home front MP revie/update (sp ) easter egg found - Page 2 Empty Re: home front MP revie/update (sp ) easter egg found

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:01 pm

March 16 #2: We’re currently experiencing massive demand for dedicated Homefront servers during peak playing hours (between 19.00 – 24.00 EST).

Those players who secure a slot on a local server should be enjoying a smooth, lag-free experience with no wait times between matches. However, once local servers reach capacity, players are assigned to more remote servers - and eventually, if all servers worldwide reach capacity, any remaining players trying to join a game could be faced with a lengthy queue.

What are we doing to address this problem? We are configuring more servers right now for all formats, across the globe, in order to meet demand. We have already doubled our capacity in the past 24 hours, and we are continuing to bring even more servers online over the next few days.

We expect that most players will be able to join a dedicated server today, but if you still experience connection issues, there is another option.

Our ‘Skirmish’ playlists are capped at a lower player count (16 max) which means they do not require a dedicated server. Our peer-to-peer networking code runs great, and the performance will be similar to what you’d expect from any FPS with a solid peer-to-peer infrastructure, like the Halo series. You will certainly be able to get a queue-free taste of the full Homefront experience, until our dedicated server capacity is high enough to support demand.

So, why did we not foresee this problem you ask? Actually, we thought we had... Homefront’s huge pre-order tally had given a good idea of how many copies would be sold in the first 24 hours, first week, and first month. We then estimated our required server capacity as a percentage of total sales, based on information we have from both THQ and competitor titles. We increased our estimate further to be ‘safe’ – specifically to avoid issues like this!

So what’s happened? It turns out our estimate was still too low. Homefront has sold faster than we expected (which we are thrilled about) and more users are spending more time trying to access multiplayer (which we are also thrilled about). The thing we are not thrilled about is the fact that some gamers are currently having to wait for a match, for which we can only apologise.

Rest assured, we are doing everything in our power to cope with the extraordinary demand for servers, and thank you for your continued patience and support.

S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

home front MP revie/update (sp ) easter egg found - Page 2 Empty Re: home front MP revie/update (sp ) easter egg found

Post by PootyPoo22 Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:48 am

So what's the verdict so far on this game? I've heard mixed reviews and I haven't been particularly impressed with what I've seen. It's going to take some convincing from you guys to get me to buy this game, even with the huge deal on amazon.
PootyPoo22
PootyPoo22
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : PootyPoo22

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:33 am

PootyPoo22 wrote:So what's the verdict so far on this game? I've heard mixed reviews and I haven't been particularly impressed with what I've seen. It's going to take some convincing from you guys to get me to buy this game, even with the huge deal on amazon.

I wrote a review that should give you a better idea on how the multiplayer plays-
https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/t2359-homefront#23924

A lot of the reviews dog the single player, and if you are going to compare it to Black Ops single player storyline, I'm sure it's not as good (I thought BO was the best of the COD's for SP, and they are all good). I don't see the negatives for multiplayer, with the exception of it being somewhat of a COD clone. Well, if COD is the #1 game out there and the best selling game ever, being labeled a COD clone can't be too horrible. I played a bit more last night, and really like the game. I'm not huge on the larger 16 vs 16 battles, and prefer the smaller game modes. Unless you have a good team, 16 vs 16 is still chaos and there is very little you can do to affect the outcome of the match. That’s one reason I’m looking forward to Crysis next week. I like the smaller teams and (most likely) slower game play more in the line with Rainbow Six. I still think Homefront is really fun, and I love the improvements to the killstreak and perk system they have compared to the COD system. You throw in vehicles and some interesting maps, and you have a winner for me as far as pure fun is concerned.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 am

I think the mp plays a bit more like a battle field. But I could see it being called a mix of both COD and what Battlefield should have been.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Wiggles1778 Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:06 am

30 minutes into trying... cant get in a MP game....
then about 2 hours thru the sub-par SP...
I'm DONE... back in the mail already....
S7 Wiggles1778
S7 Wiggles1778
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Wiggles1778

http://www.twitch.tv/Wiggles78

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:53 pm

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:30 minutes into trying... cant get in a MP game....

HULK ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol jk
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:36 am

S7 Wiggles78 wrote:30 minutes into trying... cant get in a MP game....
LAWL
Patience.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2