Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force Unleashed or Dead Space?

+2
S7 Sticky
S7 mrmiller
6 posters

Go down

Force Unleashed or Dead Space? Empty Force Unleashed or Dead Space?

Post by S7 mrmiller Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:54 am

I have the Blockbuster game pass, and am going to return Bulletstorm today and pick up something else. Should I go the Force Unleashed I & II route, or Dead Space I and II? I have never played either one of them. I really want to play the best series, but also the shortest as I hope to rip through them before next week and Dragon Age 2 comes out. Any suggestions?

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Force Unleashed or Dead Space? Empty Re: Force Unleashed or Dead Space?

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:55 am

deadspace 2 is epic !!!
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:39 pm

Dead Space. 1 was fantastic and I'm looking forward to 2. Fairly long and different from any other games, for max effect play them in a dark room alone. It's creepy!

Force Unleased 1 was good, very cool story line and a lot of fun to use the force of course. 2 was bad IMHO. It was even shorter, added nothing new, and the plot seemed thrown together - still worth playing once though. But when I say short I mean the first may last you two evenings at most and the second I finished in one evening.

Either way you will enjoy these - play them all eventually but if you're looking to start with the better set I would say that is Dead Space.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Middy Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:30 am

Deadspace fo sho

S7 Middy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 Middy

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:07 am

I went with Dead Space- so far it's pretty good. Not to difficult yet, but I'm only on the third level/stage/chapter. The atmosphere is great!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:18 am

Deadspace 1 or 2?
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:28 am

Gotta play 1 first. I was expecting some difficult survival horror, which normally means good item (ammo) management. So far it has been plentiful. I normally hoard everything anyhow- LOL.

~mrmiller

Last edited by S7 mrmiller on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:36 am

Well if you have to get all the achievements like I feel (obsessively) compulsed to do, you'll have to set the diff up to max. A lot of secret achievements too, so leave a save before bosses to go back and earn those. I hope you're having as much fun as I did with it.

You won't have ammo problems if you use the plasma cutter a lot. All the other guns are pretty limited on ammo though.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 am

To get the most of the achievements I planned to use one weapon until I get the achievement for it, then switch to another until that achievement hits, then so on. I started off with the melee, just because I figure the earlier monsters are easier than the later, and to build up my ammo cache. Then I found myself running out of room to hold the ammo! I've been selling it to buy power nodes, so now I have upgraded quite a bit of stuff. Is it good to use the nodes on the doors that require them? So far I have done that on two door with lackluster stuff in the room once opened. Normally I will play on the harder difficulties, but my goal was to get through the game fairly quickly, so I stuck with the default this time around.

BTW- I have almost had 2 hear attacks since playing already- surround sound FTW (or FTL?!). LOL.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 am

Can't remember exactly about the nodes, but I thought I remembered using them to open some doors and finding a replacement inside that room.
Sounds like you have it well in hand - Fallout hording skills payoff!

But really just enjoy the game a go along for the ride, it was a good gameplay experience.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:44 pm

More awesomeness last night. I have used the nodes on several doors, but never found another node in the room that opened. I have found enough good stuff that if I was to sell it all I could buy and replace the node I found, so I would guess it's a wash. I have used several to power up my gear which really helps. I want to power up the flamethrower as it seems weak, but it takes a ton of them to get to the points that add dammage so I'm not sure it;s worth it. I'm only on level 4, and after checking out the achievements, there seems to be 12 levels. So I'll be having a hard time to get it completed before Tuesday when I want to trade it for DA2.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:51 pm

forget the flamthrower power up the saw blade gun and the default gun they are the best IMO, told ya it was good, hint harder enemies, take out their legs first
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:07 pm

I think there's an achievement for fully upgrading all the weapons too - don't think I even came close to getting that one. Droopy's right, the powered up Plasma Cutter is bad ass. And the saw blade one too. The flamethrower is not well suited against these enemies; you can't wait for them to burn and die cause they keep coming after you.

Guess we messed up your plan to have a game beat before DA2. Shoulda gone with Force Unleashed since they are way shorter. Oh well, hope you're enjoying Dead Space.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:46 am

Dead Space was pretty great. I loved it. Looks like I will not be playing Dragon Age now, as I'm going to play Dead Space 2 instead then hit up Homefront the next week.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:57 am

lol well DA2 will be there when you're ready - should be cool playing the Dead Spaces back to back. Let me know if this 2nd one is as good as the first.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Dead space 2 has been really cool so far, and I should be about 3/4 of the way through. It seems a bit more creepy than the last, which was plenty creepy enough. The sound design is excellent, and the surround sound really kicks the scares up a notch. What’s really impressive is the lack of sound at the key moments too- like when in a vacuum. Cools stuff.

The new weapons are cool, and the upgrades to the old ones are well done. I love the gun that puts out mines, and the new flamethrower is now one of the best weapons in the game. The weapons are so good I have a hard time picking the 4 I want to carry.

The only thing I’m disappointed in is that you play the character of Isaac Clarke. Yes, you played him in the first game, but he was a voiceless character like the Space Marine in Doom or Master Chief in Halo. In this one he speaks, and has his own personality. I liked it better before, when you WERE Isaac. Now you simply PLAY Isaac. Plus it’s a bit inconsistent. At one time he is all “I know what I’m doing, and I’ve done this before” badass, and the next he is a half panicked and frightened person screaming into the radio. I felt they told a great story the first time, and allowed you to imagine the character of Isaac how you wanted, which attached you to the story (and scares) much more. Plus he talks way too much, and doesn’t help the narrative along anyhow.

Still, a great game and one I highly recommend this point.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zero Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:03 pm

What difficulty you on Miller? Cause Zealot was pretty freakin\' hard (like reach legendary solo).
Also, found the Peng treasue? There is one in each game, and another in the served DLC.

Also, if you're looking into the force unleashed, the 1st game is great, the second a steaming pile of horseshit. You can beat it the day you rent it; and when you do so, the first words said will probably be: "wait, what the f#ck? That's it?!?"
TFU2 if failbus
S7 Zero
S7 Zero
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

GamerTag : Sony: DKMU_OmniZero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down