Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUCKS!!!

+3
S7 DROOPY
S7 Coolhand
S7 mrmiller
7 posters

Go down

SUCKS!!! Empty SUCKS!!!

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:11 am

...my game sucks that is. I couldn’t play it much last night, as it would either lock up or give me a dirty disc error. I would get one round of Multiplayer in, and then between rounds it would say the disc couldn’t be read and needed to be cleaned. The same would happen in single player, where it would either just lock up on the cinema cut-scene at the beginning or give the disc error. There whole kicker here is- I installed it to the HD first!

Thinking maybe I had a bad install, I tried to uninstall it and play it off the DVD. That yeilded the the same crap results and series of errors. So then I re-installed and tried of the HD = Fail x 3. Next I popped in MW2 to make sure my Xbox wasn’t freaking out on me, and COD ran perfectly fine.

Seeing as I was playing on my original “launch” 360, I swapped it our for my newer Red Elite box (Resident Evil limited edition box with the full Jasper Chipset) to see what would happen. Immediately it worked off the DVD. Then I added the HD back on (the same one that was on the other Xbox), and it played off the Hard Drive just fine.

So I’m not sure why it will not play on my other “older” Xbox. I think this is Microsoft’s way of getting people to by a new 360 by making the biggest Xbox game not work on the older systems and architecture /conspiracytheory. LOL. In all seriousness, it sucks that it will not play on that system too, and I really can’t figure out why it would do that when everything else plays fine. The really bad part is that I was going to trade that system in and get a new system but waited until the trade value was nothing (like $25 now).

I did finally get some time in with the single player, and so far so good. Seeing as I got a late start last night, then spent about 2 hours customizing my character and fighting the errors, I only got about an hour of real gameplay in. I look forward to being able to play it more tonight with out all of the headache.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

SUCKS!!! Empty Re: SUCKS!!!

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 am

wow dude that blows! its running mine on my original launch xbox, so that's really strange. at least you have the spare elite right there.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:19 am

@Mrmiller, I read today on cnet and gizmodo that there is alot of bad disks of reach out there, on the post that i read there was 4-5 people (out of 12 that posted)that had the same problem, and two of them had the new slim xbox. all of them took their copys back and exchanged them and had no problem with the new ones. One guy said his friend works as at bungie and that they where behind in the mass producing of the disks to make the deadline. if you remember my halo 2 wouldn't load the last part of the game(endboss part) also my halo 3 had a rainbow effect on it and it locked up all the time. exchange it and save some anger
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:24 am

Could be the disk as noted, but I gotta tell you...I had a lot of that stuff each time my xbox got the red ring O' death. Maybe coming...just saying Sad . Especially if the disk worked fine on the other box.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 am

from cnet post

I picked up Reach at the midnight launch. I got it home, had a few friends in a party chat, ready to jam. Guess what? Game didn't work. Disc would not read. I got a dud disc. Apparently Im not the only one. Message boards on xbox.com and Bungie.com both have thread mentioning bad discs. Bad luck I guess. Returned it to Gamestop, picked up another. Hopefully this 2nd copy will be okay. Wont know until tonight. Apparently same thing happened with ODST. Bad discs. And no, its not my console. Every other game I own ran fine (I tested after I started freakin out) even the scratched up ones, first try. So, long story short, theres some bad discs out there. Watch out
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 am

Well, it did work at first. I customized my character and played a game of multi-player. Then between rounds I got the error. It loaded fine the next time, played another round of multiplayer and error’d out again. Then I tried single player and had all kinds of problems. I wonder if I just wasn’t getting a good “install” to the HD the first two times, and got lucky on the 3rd (or if it’s going to glitch on me later in the game). Seeing as there seems to be common disc problems, I think I take it to best buy and swap just to be sure. Plus- extra Recon helmet code!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:39 am

Dont worry, Matt... It runs just fine on my 360 Elite.

And thats all that matters.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 am

But I hear it runs even better on Sticky's special edition box. You’re always one step lower than the best- figuratively and literally Wink

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:38 am

S7 mrmiller wrote:But I hear it runs even better on Sticky's special edition box. You’re always one step lower than the best- figuratively and literally Wink ~mrmiller

What's that I smell?...oh BURN!!! LOL Embarassed Very Happy
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:06 pm

ROFL! I hope you get it worked out Miller.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 R0LLING THUND3R Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:Could be the disk as noted, but I gotta tell you...I had a lot of that stuff each time my xbox got the red ring O' death. Maybe coming...just saying Sad . Especially if the disk worked fine on the other box.

Hopefully that's the case I for one am sick and tired of him rubbing that in our face, like his box is invincible! lol jk Everybody shout, Red Ring of Death, Red Ring of Death, Red Ring of Death! It's your turn lol. I had the same issue with my old xbox and modern warfare 2, had the RRD on that system but it works in my new Xbox fine.
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
S7 R0LLING THUND3R
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : R0LLING THUND3R

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:41 am

My original Box isn't invincible. I already sent it to MS once... the disc drive quit working as I wore it out playing games and never turning it off- LOL.

Again, I got a late start last night and only played about an hour and a half, but it worked fine with no lock-ups or DDE's. I still may try and exchange it this weekend just to see if a new disc will work on the older box.

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down