Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Medal of honor

+14
S7 Coolhand
S7 DROOPY
S7 mrmiller
S7 Glock
S7 Middy
Air7Cav
S7 Zalacious
S7 Nate
S7 Smack
S7 Interseptor
S7 Shikaga
S7 OC
S7 wonky
S7 Sticky
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Medal of honor - Page 3 Empty Re: Medal of honor

Post by S7 Sticky Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:47 pm

We are not ignoring Xbox 360 players. We are
trying to get the #MOH beta out
as fast as we can.

twitter quote made me rofl
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 pm

We are not ignoring Xbox 360 players. We are
trying to get the #MOH beta out
as fast as we can.

1:15 PM Jun 25th

via TweetDeck
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Update via the MoH blog...

As for the Xbox 360 version of the beta, we are delayed and we apologize. To the Xbox 360 community, we say thank you for your continued patience. We are working to fix the issues that have caused this delay and, like you, we’re eager to get the game up and running at quality.  As soon as we do, you’ll be the first to know. We can’t wait to hear your response to the game – feedback which will also certainly help ensure the game exceeds expectations when we ship this Fall. When the Medal of Honor beta does arrive on the Xbox 360, it will be open to Xbox 360 players who’ve pre-ordered the game and we will extend the beta to ensure all players have ample time to play and provide feedback for the final product. So stay tuned for an update. We hope to bring you some good news soon.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Bs bs blah blah blah it's coming "soon" bs blah blah

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:16 pm

S7 OC wrote:Bs bs blah blah blah it's coming "soon" bs blah blah

o word
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Air7Cav Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:13 am

Sad
Air7Cav
Air7Cav
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Air7Cav

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:55 pm

Beta is a go on XBL

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:50 am

Had a great time playing with a bunch of the guys tonight. There are many issues that need to be work out... hence the word beta.

Check out the MoH forums here and post up your comments and bugs/glitches you may have found.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3865.page
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 mrmiller Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:36 am

I ended up not getting as much sleep as I wanted last night thanks to the beta/demo. I was going to set it to download before I went to bed, thinking it would take a while and I would wait and play today. Instead, it downloaded in about 5 minutes, so I stayed up playing a few games. First impressions didn’t blow me away. I’m not sold on the way the class system works, and unsure about the lobbies. I only played “quick-match” but it seems to be more like the fail lobby of Battlefield than a something good like COD (or the ultimate lobby as in R6). That worries me, but I need to try the “play with friends” feature to see how that works.

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I have a major problem with the game. I know I shouldn’t, as I have played Nazi’s for years in all the WWII games, but something really bothers be about being the Taliban and taking out Marines. Maybe it’s because I have several friends and relatives currently serving, and we are over 60 years removed form Nazi Germany. It just doesn’t sit well with me, and bugged me all night long. Then again, it was late and I might have been over sensitive, but I pretty much couldn’t stand it if I was not on the coalition side. I never like playing the “other” side anyhow, but when it’s fictional factions like in the MW games, I really don’t care. Something about selecting “Taliban Sniper” while fighting in Kabul just disturbs me… Then again, I’ll never like the Reds either. The Reds can suck the Covenant! Long live Blue!

~mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
S7 mrmiller
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : mrmiller

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:50 am

I havent played the game yet, does it have a weapon and perks tree like mw or is it like bf?. Also playing "Taliban and taking out Marines" is kinda fucked up to me because we, the USA are still over there fighting those SOB and Its currently happening. Is this MOH based on real historical battles like the others? IDK I know its just a game but...
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:33 am

Members of this clan have fought against the Taliban, and most everyone knows someone still serving or was injured or gave their life in battle against them, al-Qaeda, or . No one here served in WWII, so yeah I can totally understand the problem there. I didn't serve, but I've been deeply affected by 9/11 and the Afgan war. I will not buy this game. I have zero interest in playing as a Taliban fighter. I respect women, freedom, and peaceful sprituality too much and this is all too recent to be comfortable to me. Yes, I like playing as an evil character in some games, but I was never involved in a galactic civil war against an evil empire. Not cool... feel free to join me in my little boycot.
What's next? An IED as your equipment selection? May as well make a flight sim game where the object is to run into buildings... no thanks.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

GamerTag : S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Glock Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:54 am

There is an IED... all it is is a name for the enemy's C4....

I hear what you guys are saying, but I served my country... and you have to remember that this is a game and if it does bother you to play as the Taliban, then all I can suggest is that you don't play. You can't make a game that is supposed to be set in modern day and follow todays conflict and have the Marine's against pink ponies....
S7 Glock
S7 Glock
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 Glock

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:10 pm

Don't mean to be over-sensitive or to start a row about this. Just telling my opinion as a conscientious objector; I have very complicated and mixed feelings about our current military endeavors and the state of foreign affairs/politics. There are plenty of FPS out there where I don't have to play as an ignorant Afgani (and I own many already) so I don't feel I'll be missing out by not buying this re-skined BFBC2v2. I'll probably give it a rent though just to play through the single player campaign.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Interesting... Personally, I did not think about it even once. I don't care what team I am on and never have. MW2 is exactly the same, except they label them differently. I would actually rather have realistic labels. Someone actually had the balls to use current conflicts. Bravo for them. I am tired of playing WWII and/or fighting the Mexicans (see Tom Clancy games). MW2 got close but crapped out in the end.

Still, I understand what you guys are saying. It just doesn't personally bother me. It's just a game and you have to have two sides to any conflict. Can't have Marines fighting Marines. There always have to be bad guys vs good guys. It's just the way it is. I don't have a problem with other games and I don't have a problem with this one.

Plus, it means in the story mode you get to kick some Taliban ass! Now that I am definitely looking forward to. Single player is a little different and if I was playing the Taliban it would probably bother me.

But that's just me. I understand and respect anyone who decides not to play.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:38 pm

S7 Glock wrote:There is an IED... all it is is a name for the enemy's C4....

I hear what you guys are saying, but I served my country... and you have to remember that this is a game and if it does bother you to play as the Taliban, then all I can suggest is that you don't play. You can't make a game that is supposed to be set in modern day and follow todays conflict and have the Marine's against pink ponies....
Amen to that Glock I personally have no problems with it myself and I have people that served in the war and my GF's cousin tragically was KIA over there, but like Glock said it's a game now me personally I think it was a bigger deal to play Nazi's since they tried to eradicate a whole race this is a war over stupid oil. Another thing that comes to mind is that Activision will be putting out a game about Vietnam and I'm pretty sure we lost thousands of soldiers and the war itself and no one has a problem with it so why start now only cause it's modern day. That's just my point of view at the situation I'm pretty sure soldiers will be playing this themselves wanting to kill some Taliban without real bullets coming back at them lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Oh I'm pumped to kill some Taliban too, so I'm glad they had the goodsense not to put a 'play as Taliban' in the SP mode. I guess I feel different about this than playing as a Nazi since I'm not a Jew so they weren't trying to eradicate me. If I were Hebrew then maybe I would feel different about CoD:WaW. The Taliban, on the other hand, want to destroy my way of life and convert me to their radical take on Islam. That is more relevant to me. Of course it is all just a skin on the avatar and doesn't really change anything, but for some reason it still bothers me. Would you be bothered if it were al-Qaeda instead of the Taliban? What if there was an alternate campaign to play as them and carry out terrorist acts? When does it get too real and cross the line? I imagine everyone has a certain point that they would say "enough." Mine just seems to be a little sooner than others. I have no prob with people playing this - I'm just choosing not to.

It's definitely intersting to hear who is or isn't turned off by this and their reasons/motivations. What I'm reading elsewhere seems to show that most military members and retired members seem to be OK with it while it gets under the skin of some that haven't served. That would make for an interesting survey/study.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Bring back redneck rampage !! Rednecks killing aliens that took your pig , now that's what I'm talking about,lol
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Nate Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:32 pm

I understand what some of you are saying. And i respect it.

I personally dont have a problem with it. Maybe its because i joke around too much.

While there are plenty of things i wont joke about, such as deaths, friends getting killed etc, there are PLENTY of things us military people joke about. We laugh about almost dying, about getting shot, about lighting up haji, etc. Maybe its because its our human nature to laugh and joke about something to downplay it.

Because of that, i just look at the durka stick, and the AK47, and the infamous bongo truck, and other haji stereotypes, as nothing more than just that... a stereotype.

So personally, if I have to play as a taliban fighter, so be it. In reality i dont care for the multiplayer characters, I just care about pwning the other team and killing my opponents.

But i do see yalls point and i respect it.
S7 Nate
S7 Nate
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Nate64D

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:44 pm

every one has a right to there thoughts and i respect it but all and all its a game

but you go from playing nazi in codwaw to till haji in cod4 and mw2 your killing more . so idk but i am for sure getting this game i need a brake from mw2
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:02 pm

"Taliban executes pregnant widow accused of adultery"
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/08/09/afghanistan.woman.killed/index.html?iref=NS1
Case in point.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:38 pm

I had to cancel my order. d@mn women cost money Laughing
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:58 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote:"Taliban executes pregnant widow accused of adultery"
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/08/09/afghanistan.woman.killed/index.html?iref=NS1
Case in point.

sorry i just dont think you can compare a video game to real life stuff yes some of what they do is in the game but as with any war based game.

again WW2 NAZI killing millions of jews and other races that were not Hitlers perfect race (that inclide public be headings fire squads)

or any other war based game out there
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Coolhand Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:10 am

S7 Sticky wrote:
S7 Coolhand wrote:"Taliban executes pregnant widow accused of adultery"
Case in point.

sorry i just dont think you can compare a video game to real life stuff yes some of what they do is in the game but as with any war based game.

again WW2 NAZI killing millions of jews and other races that were not Hitlers perfect race (that inclide public be headings fire squads)

or any other war based game out there
Very true. And if I were playing a game where I'm a Roman legionaire fighting Germanic tribes I might pillage and loot their village or something, but historically that happened very long ago. What bothers me is this is an ongoing conflict and this pregnant woman was murdered on Monday. I think they should stick to portraying wars that are either over or are fictious. I see what you're saying too though.
S7 Coolhand
S7 Coolhand

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:17 am

ya your right coolhand and i see ya point brother!!

i guess it would have been like put out a Vietnam game right after Vietnam or burring
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jackal Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:12 pm

S7 Coolhand wrote: I guess I feel different about this than playing as a Nazi since I'm not a Jew so they weren't trying to eradicate me. If I were Hebrew then maybe I would feel different about CoD:WaW. .

What about the christians? The Jews were not the only ones singled out by Hitler. Anyone who didnt look like his "Arian Race" was singled out and euthenized!

S7 Jackal
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Jackal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next