Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!!

+7
S7 Hellogiraffe
KING CASS 77
S7 OC
S7 Interseptor
S7 DROOPY
S7 MCampbell
S7 Smack
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Empty WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!!

Post by S7 Smack Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:47 pm

As the titile state so take a look below read all the appl goodness lol, one feature I'm really psyched about is a fearture called facetime, which is essentially just and video conferencing between you and a friend as long as they have an Iphone4 themselves. The release date is June 24th with preorders being taken the 15th whoo hoo I can't wait the video resolution is bumped up you can even record video in 720p with up to 30 frames per second it's insane I'll let you read the Keynote foryourselves though.

Tune in Monday, June 7, for live updates from Apple's keynote address at Worldwide Developers Conference 2010. IGN will be on-location at the Moscone Center in San Francisco bringing you all of the news from the event, which will be helmed by Apple CEO Steve Jobs, and is expected to include the announcement of an all-new iPhone and more. While you wait, head on over to our WWDC 2010 Predictions page and get a glimpse at what may be in store.

Bookmark this page and ready your refresh button, because the fun starts at 10:00 a.m. PST – that's 1:00 p.m. for your east coasters, 6:00 p.m. in the UK, and 5:00 a.m. (June Cool in Australia.

9:55 a.m.: T-minus 5 minutes until the keynote begins. Any last minute predictions?

10:00 a.m.: Music is on, lights are coming down. Steve Jobs is hitting the stage. Levi Buchanan and I are pumped. Standing ovation ensuing.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607103346506 FarmVille for iPhone

10:03 a.m.: Jobs is talking up the conference. 5,200 attendees from 57 countries. Tickets sold out in 8 days. Over 120 hands-on labs and sessions.

10:04 a.m.: Now Jobs is updating the crowd on the iPad. Apple has sold one iPad every three seconds.

10:05 a.m.: Jobs introduces international demo reel of international press coverage. People mobbing Apple stores in Tokyo, etc.

10:07 a.m.: iPad will be available in 19 countries by end of July. Over 8,500 apps in the app store, and have been downloaded over 35 million times.

10:09 a.m.: Jobs is highlighting a few, Pulse, Ebay, the Avatar game, etc.

10:10 a.m.: Now Jobs is talking iBooks. They are updating them today. Users have downloaded 5 million books on the iPad.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607103347866 Guitar Hero for iPhone

10:11 a.m.: New enhancements to iBooks. Users can now make notes from within the iBook app, tap to bookmark specific pages, bookmarks will appear in the contents of any given book. iBooks app is now getting PDF support, meaning users can pull in content from other, non-iTunes sources.

10:12 a.m.: That is it for iPad updates.

10:13 a.m.: Now on to the App Store.

10:14 a.m.: 225,000 apps on the app store. "Most vibrant app community on the planet" says Jobs.

10:15 a.m.: 15,000 new apps in 30 languages are submitted a week. 95% are approved within 7 days. What about the 5% that get rejected? Jobs says the apps don't function as advertised, use of private APIs, and crashing apps.

10:16 a.m.: Now Jobs is talking up three new apps. Netflix is first. Reed Hastings, CEO of Netflix is taking the stage.

10:17 a.m.: Netflix for the iPhone is coming this summer for free. You can surf the entire streaming library, access your instant queue, all through your iPhone.

10:18 a.m.: Zynga is next. Mark Pincus CEO is on stage. Chatting up Farmville. Now you can access your Facebook farm on your iPhone! Virtual agriculturists rejoice!

10:23 a.m.: New tap and hold controls for Farmville, but really the coolest element is the social networking integration with Facebook. Cross-platform integration FTW!

10:24 a.m.: Activision is up now! Karthik Bala SVP hitting the stage to talk Guitar Hero. WHAT!? New Guitar Hero game coming to iPod touch and iPhone.

10:25 a.m.: Tracks from Vampire Weekend and classic rock songs. Note interface is just like the full version, but you know, with tapping. New controls include swiping and wiggling for whammy bar.
WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607103955700

10:26 a.m.: Guitar Hero for iPhone is available now for $2.99!

10:27 a.m.: Jobs is back. Back to the App Store. Apple just reached 5 billion downloads. Of the shared revenue, developers have made $1 billion.

10:30 a.m.: Time for iPhone talk! Jobs is updating the audience on the iPhone market share. Citing the Nielsen report, Jobs says iPhone is number 2 with 28%, Android is only 9%. iPhone mobile browser usage dominates 58.2% in the entire country.

10:31 a.m.: New iPhone is called iPhone 4. Over 100 new features, but Jobs will highlight 8. New design is number one. "Some of you may have already seen this" says Jobs.

10:33 a.m.: Glass front and back panels, Steel on the edges. 9.3 mm thick. 24% thinner than the 3GS. The thinnest smartphone on the planet.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607103956544

10:34 a.m.: As we already know, front facing camera, camera on the back with LED flash, new noise-canceling microphone on the top.

10:35 a.m.: Apple is using the metal frame to integrate the wireless antenna and GPS functionality!! Awesome! Say goodbye to dropped calls?

10:38 a.m.: Other major feature: Retina Display. Pixel density is now four times that of the 3GS. 326 pixels-per-inch. Insane.

10:40 a.m.: Jobs is showing side-by-side photo comparisons, talking about the picture clarity.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607105720432

10:42 a.m.: Side-by-side comparison of New York Times website is failing due to network FAIL. Audience members are shouting "It's AT&T!"

10:45 a.m.: Jobs asked for suggestions from his tech staff, an audience member shouted "VERIZON!"

10:46 a.m.: He gave up on the web demo. Now to specs: 3.5 inch display, 960x640 display, 800:1 contrast ration, new IPS tech.

10:47 a.m.: iPhone OS will render all of your existing apps in the new resolution, but if developers can update their art to be full-res.

10:48 a.m.: Now on to the next major feature... As we've heard from rumor reports, Jobs has confirmed that the iPhone 4 will be powered by the iPad's powerful A4 processor.

10:49 a.m.: iPhone 4 will have 40% more talk time at 7 total hours on 3G, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of video, Wi-Fi browsing, and 300 hours of standbye time.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607105719385

10:50 a.m.: Will also feature 32GB of storage quad-band HSDPA networking. 802.11n Wi-Fi.

10:51 a.m.: Next new feature... a gyroscope. 3 axis gyro, pitch, roll, and yaw detection. Jobs says it will be great for gaming. Now for a demo...

10:52 a.m.: The new gyroscope allows detects when you physically rotate, opening a whole new system of gameplay control. Jobs is playing a virtual game of Jenga, twisting around to get new angles at the bricks.

10:55 a.m.: The next major feature: new camera systems. The iPhone 4 will feature a 5 megapixel sensor, and new light sensors, mainly a backside illuminated sensor.

10:56 a.m.: 5x digital zoom, tap to focus, and the LED flash. Jobs is showing off pictures taken on iPhone 4. Amazing stuff, and according to Jobs none have been retouched. Low-light photos are surprisingly good looking.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607110153770 iMovie for iPhone 4

10:57 a.m.: iPhone 4 records 720p HD video at 30 frames per second! Tap to focus video recording, built-in video editing, LED flash can remain on to illuminate video.

10:58 a.m.: Apple is bringing iMovie to the iPhone! Looks pretty amazing. You can record into your project timeline or drag clips into your edit. You can also add photos into a video edit.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607113916156 Three stores now on iPhone.

11:01 a.m.: iMovie for iPhone allows you to add titles with geo-tagged location titles. You can edit in music from your iPhone's iTunes library or use a number of built-in songs and effects.

11:04 a.m.: The quality of the video is pretty remarkable, Apple is blowing it up on a big projection screen and it looks fantastic.

11:05 a.m.: iMovie for iPhone will be available for $4.99. No word on specific release date.

11:06 a.m.: Apple is shutting down the Wi-Fi to demo new functions. We're still running though via mobile hotspot!

11:07 a.m.: iPhone OS 4.0 will now be called iOS 4. Jobs is demoing Pandora background audio with iOS 4.0 multitasking.

11:14 a.m.: You can now default web browsing to Yahoo!, Bing, or Google. Default will still be Google though. iOS 4.0 will be available "soon" for consumers, ready for developers today.

11:15 a.m.: Apple will sell their 100 millionth iOS-enabled devices -- iPhones, iPods, and iPads.

11:16 a.m.: Now Jobs is talking about iBooks for the iPhone. You can re-download the same book on any of your devices, no sync required to add it to other devices. Can we get that for music, please?

11:21 a.m.: Now on to the 8th major feature: iAds. We've heard about this before, Apple. This segment seems mainly geared toward the developers in the audience. Jobs is talking about how devs can implement ads if they want.

11:26 a.m.: iAds are great and all, but can we just hear when the iPhone 4 will be released? KTHNX.

11:27 a.m.: Finally, iAds are over. Now theres the infamous "One more thing..."

11:33 a.m.: And it is... Video chat for the iPhone which Apple calls FaceTime.

11:34 a.m.: Video quality is pretty crisp and clear, again, as evidenced by Apple blowing it up on the screen. Runs over Wi-Fi.

11:35 a.m.: FaceTime will be exclusive to iPhone 4. Can be used with front facing or back camera, and can be used on horizontal or vertical use. Wi-Fi only in 2010. Standard wireless next year, presumably.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607113949937-000 Face TIme

11:38 a.m.: Demo reel of FaceTime... Showing sign language calls. Applause ensues.

11:40 a.m.: iPhone 4 will be available in white and black, will cost $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB model. If your iPhone contract expires anytime this year, you can upgrade immediately.

11:42 a.m.: iPhone 4 will be on sale June 24. Pre-orders start on June 15, it will ship to five countries at first, but 18 by the end of the July, then 24 in August, and by the end of September 88 countries total. Apple will offer iPhone 4 cases in multiple colors for $29.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607114525397 Upgrading to an iPhone 4 is a little less painless.

11:45 a.m.: iOS 4 upgrades will be free on June 21 for the iPod touch and iPhone 3GS.

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Apple-iphone-20100607114524381 The iPhone 4 release date is June 24.

11:48 a.m.: Keynote seems to be winding down with a recapping demo video.

11:52 a.m.: Jobs is back, summarizing his points and Apple's philosophy on the iPhone 4.

11:55 a.m.: The keynote has ended. For more on the iPhone 4, stay tuned to IGN.com!

Steve Jobs Unveils iPhone 4
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

GamerTag : S7 Smack

http://www.s7clan.com

Back to top Go down

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Empty Re: WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!!

Post by S7 MCampbell Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:50 pm

You can preorder starting on like the 15th

"AT&T is going to
make an incredibly generous upgrade offer. If your contract expires
any time in 2010, you are immediately eligible for a new iPhone 4 at
the same 199 or 299 prices if you top up your contract 2 years.” Steve
Jobs

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : S7 MCampbell

Back to top Go down

WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Empty Re: WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!!

Post by S7 DROOPY Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:02 pm

sweeeeeeeeeeeeet I cant wait. I had cnet's live blog on the pc at work, the speks look awsome. I can't wait to upgrade from my 3g . just hope I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan.
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm

DROOPYmcC00L wrote:sweeeeeeeeeeeeet I cant wait. I had cnet's live blog on the pc at work, the speks look awsome. I can't wait to upgrade from my 3g . just hope I'm grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan.

As long as you don't change your data plan then you will be but on my end I would save more by switching because I have two iphones on my account with both being unlimited $60 bucks total my phone I have never went over 2Gig a month so I will be downgrading on that one and then my wife's phone has never went over 200MB per month so I will take that one down to the $15 with a total savings of $20.

I use my wifi while I am at home most of the time and also the City of Augusta has free wifi so when I am out I can sometimes pick it up also but most of the time I am just on 3G.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:20 pm

WHA? A new iPhone? I am shocked! Who saw this coming? /sarcasm.

This really does look pretty sweet! I was gonna wait till next year to upgrade but I might actually pick one up around my B-Day in September.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm

I was following on twitter on my iphone I am definetly getting one and even better it comes out on my Birthday

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Yea I am getting one also and will keep my older one as a back up also, I hear at&t will be offering a warranty of some type with the new one that will cover theft I will have to look up were I saw this info at.

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by KING CASS 77 Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:53 pm

I need this. I really do.

KING CASS 77

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:24 pm

d@mn they didn't add anything that I neeeeeeeed to have. 720p video, better display, and video conferencing will be nice, but they didn't drop a huge surprise like I was hoping for. Oh well, I got my 3GS last year so I have to wait for iPhone 5 anyways.
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Jwriter Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:53 am

Since I just got my iPad a month ago, I've been told by Herr Wifey that I need to wait a bit. But when I do buy it, I might go with the 16gb since I do most of my mobile video watching on my iPad...
S7 Jwriter
S7 Jwriter
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : S7 Jwriter

http://www.lovethatphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:17 pm

16 GB is not bad especially if you don't do a lot of movies/TV shows on there. right now I have 3 GB of music, 5 GB in Apps d@mn tom tom is 1.3gb itself lol. about 400mb of pics and about a half GB of shows/movies I usually put the ine I'm gonna watch then I remove it e=when I put the other one on unless I'm traveling in that case I put a few on.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:28 pm

S7 MCampbell wrote:Yea I am getting one also and will keep my older one as a back up also, I hear at&t will be offering a warranty of some type with the new one that will cover theft I will have to look up were I saw this info at.

square trade warrenty has the best warrenty around and an A+ rating from the BBB. Covers everything. AT&T will be a standard warrenty and more than likely won't cover drops or water damage and will be over priced I'm sure.

Anyone know the pricing if you have the 3gs? I know there allowing us to upgrade but not sure what the price will be.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

GamerTag : S7 Bullet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Most likely from what I can see it $299 for 32gb model and $199 for the 16gb model.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:38 pm

S7 Bullet wrote:
S7 MCampbell wrote:Yea I am getting one also and will keep my older one as a back up also, I hear at&t will be offering a warranty of some type with the new one that will cover theft I will have to look up were I saw this info at.

square trade warrenty has the best warrenty around and an A+ rating from the BBB. Covers everything. AT&T will be a standard warrenty and more than likely won't cover drops or water damage and will be over priced I'm sure.

Anyone know the pricing if you have the 3gs? I know there allowing us to upgrade but not sure what the price will be.

The 3GS is on sale at Walmart right now for $97.00

If you mean the Iphone 4 look at smacks post above

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:39 pm

I am sure the price will drop on the 3GS as soon as the 4 is officially out. And the regular 3G will be discontinued. My guess is the 3GS 16gb will end up being $99.00.
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks Camp, I was just about to change my post cause I forgot to quote bullet. I mean it is bullet after all I'm just kidding bro I had to get that in there lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:04 pm

No I mean the iPhone 4 if you have an 3gs phone currently. I got a 20 month contract when the 3gs came out. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Wounder if they'll give us a discount to if not how much. Everything I read is as long as you have 6 months left you will be able to upgrade at those prices.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:40 pm

S7 Bullet wrote:No I mean the iPhone 4 if you have an 3gs phone currently. I got a 20 month contract when the 3gs came out. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Wounder if they'll give us a discount to if not how much. Everything I read is as long as you have 6 months left you will be able to upgrade at those prices.

Bullet,

Dial *639# to check your eligibility? $18 is an upgrade fee in addition
to the $199.

Also The amount of money you spend each month on your bill, whether you pay
your bill on time or if you are always late making a payment, if your
account has been suspended for not paying, etc. Numerous things effect
your eligibility to upgrade early. I checked mine and they offered to waive my $18 fee maybe for the simple fact that I have two iphones that I will more than likely offer to sale to a fellow S7 member or put it on Ebay both phones have a warranty that will be good thru the 21st of September. I will not be getting them at launch but will get them sometime in late July or early Aug

You can check how much you have left on your warranty at the link below, it likley is the date you got the service with your iphone.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Bullet Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:46 pm

Yea I did that to and got the message

Quote "A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 02/24/2011. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer."

So what's the higher discounted rate? If anything I'll find out tomorrow.

SquareTrade Warrenties is better and it also transfers. Apples sucks and so does AT&T. When it was Cingular it was great and everything was covered now they just cover some stuff water or accidental damage isn't.
S7 Bullet
S7 Bullet
Sergeant
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 pm

That is $99 for a 8gb 3GS

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Sticky Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:07 pm

not to bad
S7 Sticky
S7 Sticky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 Sticky

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Smack Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

Well I was available for an upgrade 6/3/2010 so I just need to come up with the money lol.
S7 Smack
S7 Smack

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 MCampbell Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:43 pm

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=393605388518

A good video that breaks down everything that was put out about the new data plans and the upgrade stuff from AT&T

S7 MCampbell
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Hellogiraffe Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:31 am

iOS4 comes out today!!!! Can't wait to jailbreak it WWDC annoncements plus the unveiling of IOS4 and the new Iphone4!!! Icon_cool
S7 Hellogiraffe
S7 Hellogiraffe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Hellogiraffe

https://sacredseven.forumotion.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:27 am

Yeah I think I will put it on my 3g iphone and then jail break that one when that comes out as I get my new iphone 4 thursday

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next