Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite Dangerous

+3
S7 DROOPY
DeadSockPuppet
S7 Zalacious
7 posters

Go down

Elite Dangerous Empty Elite Dangerous

Post by S7 Zalacious Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:55 am

https://www.elitedangerous.com/

Hi all, long time no play/talk. Been playing Elite for a few weeks now and I have to say it is a solid game. An amazing representation of our galaxy, with around 400 billion stars. It plays like a cross between Eve, Tie Fighter, and Wing Commander, but with a splash of Privateer.

Many things to do including: exploration, combat, commodity trading between systems, and piracy. Game is in beta still but mostly everything will carry over which is nice because they game has a fairly large grind. They recently just added an arena mode though which will eventually allow you earn money and faction rep for the main game. You can currently play in open mode, Universe is populate with NPCs and other players, or play solo, just you and the NPCs.

If any of you are looking for a great space sim on xbox, then I highly recommend it. Not even sure I have seen a game as big in scope and complexity on consoles. If you have any questions about the game I would be happy to answer them.

Hope to see you online sometime, whether it be this game or another. Been too long.

S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Zalacious

Back to top Go down

Elite Dangerous Empty Re: Elite Dangerous

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:01 am

Sounds a lot like No Man's Sky for PS4.
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:54 am

DeadSockPuppet wrote:Sounds a lot like No Man's Sky for PS4.

Somewhat, I mean it is in space and all. Smile
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:39 am

Looks pretty badass, but also looks like you need to devote a lot of time too it
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:56 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:Looks pretty badass, but also looks like you need to devote a lot of time too it

Yeah, definitely looks fun but too much time for this guy.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadSockPuppet Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:33 pm

S7 Zalacious wrote:
DeadSockPuppet wrote:Sounds a lot like No Man's Sky for PS4.

Somewhat, I mean it is in space and all. Smile

Douche!  The fact that it's pretty open world, huge, tons of different places to visit and explore, you can upgrade your ship/gear, oh, and it's in space. Very Happy
DeadSockPuppet
DeadSockPuppet
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Game Command : GOW3 XO, MW3 W2
GamerTag : S7 SockPuppet / DeadSockPuppet

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm about 99% sure I'm getting this any day now (have been stewing on it for a while).  I keep psyching myself out though because I keep seeing how steep the learning curve is.  That doesn't bother me so much, it's just that I don't want to get the game, play it for a couple of hours and end up not liking it.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : OneBadHuskerFan

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:40 am

Went ahead and picked it up yesterday.  LOTS to learn about this game but it will be fun doing so.  It's not for the faint of heart and you can get rather overwhelmed at first once you see just how god d@mn big it is.  I'm going the "trader" route but really still have no clue what I'm doing but look forward to figuring some things out in the coming days/weeks.
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:51 am

Looking at the game kind of reminds me of Eve Online. This looks like it would be much easier to get into than Eve though.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Xpert2010 wrote:Looking at the game kind of reminds me of Eve Online.  This looks like it would be much easier to get into than Eve though.

Yeah, it is pretty similar to Eve but not quite as deep in certain areas. Definitely a grind though and I wouldn't recommend it to someone if they only have small amount of time to play. Hell, I have been doing mostly regular commodities trading for the last few weeks only because that is where the credits are at but there are other avenues that can make you money if you know what you are doing. We have a small group that have been playing steadily now for the last month and we are all working towards some heavy combat ships for more pvp/pve stuff. The new arena mode is pretty fun but it still doesn't tie into the main game as far as rewards so I haven't messed with it much lately.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Zalacious Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:53 pm

OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Went ahead and picked it up yesterday.  LOTS to learn about this game but it will be fun doing so.  It's not for the faint of heart and you can get rather overwhelmed at first once you see just how god d@mn big it is.  I'm going the "trader" route but really still have no clue what I'm doing but look forward to figuring some things out in the coming days/weeks.

If you save up for a Cobra I can give you my rare commodity route that can earn you 1-1.5 mil an hour. It is good way to earn money until you can get a bigger ship and do regular trading in bulk.
S7 Zalacious
S7 Zalacious
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by OneBadHuskerFan Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:19 am

S7 Zalacious wrote:
OneBadHuskerFan wrote:Went ahead and picked it up yesterday.  LOTS to learn about this game but it will be fun doing so.  It's not for the faint of heart and you can get rather overwhelmed at first once you see just how god d@mn big it is.  I'm going the "trader" route but really still have no clue what I'm doing but look forward to figuring some things out in the coming days/weeks.

If you save up for a Cobra I can give you my rare commodity route that can earn you 1-1.5 mil an hour. It is good way to earn money until you can get a bigger ship and do regular trading in bulk.

Getting there.  Currently have just over 200k.

Scratch that.  I actually got a good last mission of the night and it gave me enough to get the Cobra MK III with about 86k to spare.  Haven't upgraded anything or really even looked yet.  I need to go to sleep!

Any advice on what to worry about upgrading first?
OneBadHuskerFan
OneBadHuskerFan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Interseptor Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Bump! Anyone still playing this? I have been really itching for a space sim lately and I keep coming back to this. No Man's Sky launches on the PS4 in a few days but I'm still on the fence for that one. Aside from not knowing much at all about the game, I'm not a huge fan of the art style. I really like the realistic style of Elite Dangerous more.

So anyone still playing? Is it any good long term? Thoughts in general?
S7 Interseptor
S7 Interseptor
Clan Advisor
Clan Advisor

GamerTag : PSN: Interseptor_

Back to top Go down

Post by Xpert2010 Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:06 pm

I've been wanting to play a Sci-Fi game as well. Been debating on choosing this over Eve Online. I get bored of Eve Online quickly though. Never played Elite Dangerous.
Xpert2010
Xpert2010
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : Xpert2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down