Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The end of the iSheep era

5 posters

Go down

The end of the iSheep era Empty The end of the iSheep era

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:53 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 K1ll3rKlown

Back to top Go down

The end of the iSheep era Empty Re: The end of the iSheep era

Post by Atrum Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:57 pm

Aww, I thought somehow apple had crashed and was no longer a thing Sad
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : AtrumX

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:41 am

AtrumX wrote:Aww, I thought somehow apple had crashed and was no longer a thing Sad
I don't see that happening anytime in the future. I actually like Apple, but refuse to "line up" sight unseen just to get a new Apple product.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:00 am

Agree Klown. I did this once becaus I was very excited to get my first smart phone. From the. Forward I just order it and it comes to my door.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

GamerTag : S7 OC

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:34 am

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
AtrumX wrote:Aww, I thought somehow apple had crashed and was no longer a thing Sad
I don't see that happening anytime in the future. I actually like Apple, but refuse to "line up" sight unseen just to get a new Apple product.

I'm just poking at the Apple guys here Twisted Evil

Really though, I've just been less than impressed by their latest products. The iPhone and first couple ipads were fantastic compared to peer products. Since then they've just become more of the same without doing anything special compared to something like the Galaxy series.

Other than that I'm fine with them. I like the company more now that Steve Jobs is gone. I just never liked his personality regardless of what he 'contributed'. That and I'm still bitter from the Photoshop 7 and later days when MACs went from being stable graphic workhorses to spinning wheel of doom death machines.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:52 am

Just to poke back what do you see so special about the Galaxy series?  I have many time considered switching to android but due to timing I never pulled the trigger. I will definitely consider doing so when I replace my aging iPad. But I don't see much special other than say price. Just curious to hear your thoughts not being a fanboy or anything I just like to know both sides of the story.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:15 pm

S7 OC wrote:Just to poke back what do you see so special about the Galaxy series?  I have many time considered switching to android but due to timing I never pulled the trigger. I will definitely consider doing so when I replace my aging iPad. But I don't see much special other than say price. Just curious to hear your thoughts not being a fanboy or anything I just like to know both sides of the story.

I would consider the Android series of phones to be all around more flexible in how they can customized to fit the user. I am not talking the Galaxy series but the Android phone market at a whole. First you can flash your ROM with very little effort now a days allowing you to customize or complete change our OS on the phone. I personally have a 'OnePlus' phone and can run any OS I want from the Vanilla Google OS, to CyanogenMod, Oxygen OS, etc... I know some of these things can be considered power user advantages but I simply love screwing around with tech. Buying an iPhone feels restrictive and I see one benefit is that it simply works and does exactly what you expect. An example is the Apple store where submitting an app for approval is tedious and takes a good deal of time compared to Google's Play store. This hinders Apples ability to keep up with some great apps but does provide security by having malicious apps off the store. On the other hand Google Play is very quick and easy compared to Apple in having your app on the play store. So I feel the Google play store has some great apps that Apple might never have. However I see the Google play store being a double edged sword in the fact that you need to be smart in what apps you do and don't install. This is all my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Panzer that One plus one is the phone that had my attention and I may have bought it if not for timing and the whole invite system. I totally get and like the idea of customization but unless you have the know how to flash the rom and strip bloat wear then it's all extra blah.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:18 pm

The simple fact that there is not an ios uptdate that makes your phone slow down and perform poorly forcing you to buy a new phone, is why i will stay with android, plus no itunes and i can drag and drop stuff from pc to phone and i can download all kinds of stuff straight from my phone are also a big plus
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 K1ll3rKlown Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:41 pm

S7 DROOPY wrote:The simple fact  that there is not an ios uptdate that makes your phone  slow down and perform  poorly forcing you to buy a new phone, is why i will stay  with android
I have the original iPad (my daughter has iPad Air 2) and I can't update my ios past 5.1 yet it's not slowing down or forcing me to upgrade. There are some apps I can't get without having ios 8.3 but it's not a huge deal breaker. I still use my iPad literally every single day for 2+hrs. or more.
S7 K1ll3rKlown
S7 K1ll3rKlown
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by Atrum Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:13 pm

S7 K1ll3rKlown wrote:
S7 DROOPY wrote:The simple fact  that there is not an ios uptdate that makes your phone  slow down and perform  poorly forcing you to buy a new phone, is why i will stay  with android
I have the original iPad (my daughter has iPad Air 2) and I can't update my ios past 5.1 yet it's not slowing down or forcing me to upgrade. There are some apps I can't get without having ios 8.3 but it's not a huge deal breaker. I still use my iPad literally every single day for 2+hrs. or more.

I think he's talking about either the rumor that iOS has decay algorithms that slow the phone over time
OR
that every update gets larger and more resource intensive, causing older phones to perform much worse.

Your case makes sense as you stay on old software to avoid over utilization.

@ OC

Technically I think the Galaxy and iPhones are always about equal on performance. It's just an interface preference to me. I like the setup of androids more.
That being said, the Windows phone I had the best UI by FAR. I wish everyone phone would copy their tile setup rather than sticking to the stupid/old bubbles.
Too bad the apps were severely lacking on the windows phone.
Atrum
Atrum
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 OC Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:11 pm

Ok very interesting Atrum. I tend to like more of the look and feel of stock android os. It's funny Samsung after poking fun at Apple for years for having to be a wall hugger and plug in to charge instead of swapping out batteries they switch to exactly that. The S6 looks more like the iphone 6 than the s5 other than the square camera lens cut out. Samsung has gone away from some of the bloat waste they use to force on users and stripped it down more toward stock android but still have there overlay bloat Samsung sense. Some people like that and then again you can always flash the rom to work around that. I like the one plus one ,HTC one M9,Moto X along with a few others.

S7 OC
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 Panzer Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:22 pm

S7 OC wrote:Ok very interesting Atrum. I tend to like more of the look and feel of stock android os. It's funny Samsung after poking fun at Apple for years for having to be a wall hugger and plug in to charge instead of swapping out batteries they switch to exactly that. The S6 looks more like the iphone 6 than the s5 other than the square camera lens cut out. Samsung has gone away from some of the bloat waste they use to force on users and stripped it down more toward stock android but still have there overlay bloat Samsung sense. Some people like that and then again you can always flash the rom to work around that. I like the one plus one ,HTC one M9,Moto X along with a few others.

I feel the reason Samsung did this to undercut Google itself. Samsung started adding bloatware and people noticed. By going more 'Vanilla' into having the default Android OS the more Samsung controls Google's territory of the Android market. Samsung was not afraid but aware if Google phones became popular it could disturb the balance of power in the Android phone market. Because Google will always have software advantages on its own line of phones. As for the physical makeup of the new Samsung Galaxy 6 I heard they were going for a more robust feel with more metal framing. As for it looking like an iPhone I have no clue why they went that route.
S7 Panzer
S7 Panzer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

GamerTag : XBOX: S7 Panzer STEAM: TinCrow

http://www.S7clan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S7 DROOPY Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Ya the removal battery and no sd card Is f n stupid and will keep me from getting the s6, not that i need it
S7 DROOPY
S7 DROOPY
Colonel
Colonel

GamerTag : S7 DROOPY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum